“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 South High School Road, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #70 of 184 hotels in Indianapolis
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza this weekend and it was really nice, The rooms are really nice and they make you feel like you are in a spa. In the lobby every day they have different flavored water, while there we had one with pineapple and kiwi, yesterday was cucumber and lemon and today it was orange, I am not sure which one was my favorite. The food there is also really good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our flavored water!

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was stranded for almost an entire day at the Indianapolis airport due to a storm in Chicago and, when my flight was finally cancelled late in the evening, I started scrambling for a hotel. When the first hotel i called was booked, that hotel called over ot the Crowne Plaza and made a tentative reservation for me. When I called the Crowne Plaza, the woman at the desk could not have been nicer. She held their last room for me, no questions asked. When I finally rented a car and arrived, the front desk people agains were warm, helpful and gracious, suggesting late night dinner options for me.

While the hotel atrium-designed decor is very unusual, the king room I got was excellent. It had a king bed, a very nice and practical desk, a good bathroom, excellent free wireless and good TV reception. I could not have asked for anything more. And while the price seemed a bit high for a distant hotel that was quite a distance from the airport, I gladly paid it because I appreciated the hospitality, service and overall accomdodations.

The hotel also offered room service, which I found to be a nice plus, even though I thought that the menu and food were nothing special. Despite this, the convenience of room service left a favorable impression.

One constructive criticism: the bathtub faucet in my bathroom leaked. The maid service probably should have notified the front desk of this. This, however, is just a nit. Overall, I was pleased.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that your flight was cancelled but pleased to hear that our staff was able to accomodate you. We hope you will choose to stay with us again should you find yourself in Indy!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel was great, some what of a shuttle ride from the new Indy airport, but not at all inconvenient. Good décor reasonable rates and friendly staff make this a inexpensive gem. Friendly staff are able to answer questions if you want to site see during your stay.

Mr. Trudeau

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi,

We always like to hear from happy guests. Thanks for letting us know how we did.
Brazil, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My son and I recently met for dinner in the bar in the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, and I had to write and say how impressed I was with this hotel--it's classy and clean and the staff was very professional. Our food was DELICIOUS and the service was excellent. We were waited on the minute we sat down...and never had to wait for anything. For these reasons and the great easy on-easy out location, we will definitely be back! Thank you, Crowne Plaza!

Hi,

We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We have passed it along to our staff in the bar. We are excited you will return.
Budapest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Dined this evening at the Landings restaurant in Crown Plaza, Indianapolis, the food,
while though good was eclipsed by the worst service experience by myself and my
companions in over 4 years of travel both in the USA and overseas.

The restaurant features fine dining and fine dining prices, rib eye $30, ahi apetizer $12,
but the service and food are not worth the price. Although only 2 tables were
occupied in the entire restaurant, it took 10 minutes to get small plates delivered to
the table for the ahi tuna even though asking twice.

The rib eyes were at best marginal, very fatty, not very tender, the other order of lobster
pasta was good, the wine a Cline zinfandel at $30 was good.

If you are in Indianapolis, enjoy the hotel, skip the restaurant, and finally if you
think there is a whirlpool, think again, only a pool.

j

Room Tip: Don't do it.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value our guest's feedback as it helps us to improve our service. The manager on duty informed us of your experience after it happened. Our restaurant manager immediately talked about it with the appropriate staff members and we hope you are satisfied with the resolution we provided you. If there is anything further we may do please don't hesitate to contact us.
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was joining family with different schedules so used Priceline to find an airport hotel where we all could meet without spending hours in the airport. It was quite affordable. Although the room was under my name I called and they allow my sister to check in early (with her card for incidentals). The staff was buried when I arrived but they were very professional and seemed happy at their jobs.

The hotel is located just adjacent to the old terminal which is now closed so you have to shuttle or drive about 6 miles from the new terminal. It was dark and raining but was easy enough to find with my rental and my sister said she really liked the shuttle driver.

I assume Priceline gets a "special" room. Ours was in the very front of the property on the second floor. There was road noise from single pane windows. There was also some noise from neighbors. Otherwise it was essentially a four star hotel.

Good linens, perfect maintenance, plenty of hot water, lots of channels on a new TV, clean carpet...

One thing is the ceiling in the shower is a bit low, about 6' 6". the shower head pipe exits the wall at 6' so with the drop to the head the water exits at about 5' 7". So depending on your height its a bit claustrophobic and you have to lean to wash your hair.

Room Tip: The front of the building was noisy. I'd try to get a room to south side if possible where ther...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to right a review. We hope you will stay with us again. If ever you have any concerns please let our manager on duty know, we want everything about your stay to be perfect. We will certainly look into the shower situation.

Thanks again!
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here 1/22/2013 for one night. I was impressed with the lobby area and was greeted immediately by the front desk staff upon check in. Obviously you have to expect some airplane noise at an airport hotel, however it really was not that bad once inside the hotel. The hotel did not seem very busy, and I was offered a room facing the interior of the building on the fifth floor. These interior rooms are more quiet than the rooms facing directly outside. I ate at the on-site restaurant which was pretty good and had a drink with dinner as well. Expect to pay a little more than usual because it's an airport hotel, and there are no other dining options within walking distance. The closest is about 10 minutes away. My King bed was comfortable and the room was clean, however the wallpaper was peeling pretty bad. I was overall pleased and satisfied with my stay, and booked a very good deal through priceline.com. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the interior lobby. It's much more quiet as you hear less airplane noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi,

I'm glad to hear you will be our guest in the future! I apologize that your room had peeling wallpaper, this is certainly not acceptable. Your review has been brought to the attention of the appropriate staff and your concern addressed immediately. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve.

Been to Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!