“Wonderful !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 South High School Road, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #56 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Louisville, Kentucky
“Wonderful !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We actually started across the street at the Radisson airport Hotel. After a horrible night at the Radisson, out of control guests that the front desk and lack of mangement could handle with many interruptions throughout the night.. until the police were called. Horrible beds and bad room conditions.
We left a night early and checked into the Crown Plaza, airport location. I explained the happenings from the night before to the staff at the Crown Plaza. They assured me that their security were able to handle any disturbances and that they too had similar groups staying with them this weekend. Without any complaints. The accomadations are wonderful. The room s were beautiful as well as comfortable. They had in room movies available and the beds were great!
The staff were very professional and helpful. We are planning our next trip to Indie and are planning to stay at The Crown Plaza again. I highly recommend this hotel to all travelers. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are very happy to hear that our staff and hotel met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was one of the most beautiful hotels that I have ever stayed in. An old holiday inn turned in to the crown plaza. And the night auditor that checked me in was amazing as well. She was so knowledgeable about the hotel and everything around it.I would stay here again again. Oh and the breakfast was really good...

• Stayed January 2013
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for writing a review! We will be sure to let Angela, our night auditor know that she was a part of making your experience a great one!
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to catch our early morning international flight the next day. Reception was very nice and welcoming. Hotel was very clean. Room was a nice suite with a very comfortable bed and very spacious bathroom. We had a few drinks in the bar which were a little pricey and not very good. We ate dinner at the restaurant and that was wonderful. Shuttle was very prompt and courteous!! We would definetely stay here again!!

• Stayed December 2012
Hi,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will join us again. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your drinks, should that ever happen again please feel free to let our Manager on Duty know. We want our guests to be 100% happy when they leave!

Stay warm!
Sora, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Why wife and I were heading back to our home in Panama after Christmas after visiting family. The weather was going to be bad that evening so we decided to stay by the airport. We used priceline to get a great deal at the Crowne Plaza.

The room was nicely refurbished and the bed was very comfortable. The bath was fine and standard style for a Crowne. Free Internet was a great touch. The heat unit worked fine and kept the room warm once I understood the settings of when it would start and stop the heater. We did not eat at the dinning room or go to the bar but they looked comfortable and nice. They have a very small store with snacks and drinks. The pool area is in the open area and was in use. The families seemed to be having fun.

The staff was friendly and we were out at 4:30am to catch the shuttle which was ready to go. Check-in and check-out was a piece of cake with no issues.

I only have two complaints. One is normal with many older hotels is that you can hear your neighbors through the wall. Ours had a small child but the blessing was they were quiet and asleep by 9 pm. If you get the party animals or the one who likes to stay up late and have the TV blasting, it won’t be fun. The second was the size of the pillows. They were fine but take a standard (not king or queen) pillow and cut it in half and then put 6 on the king sized bed. It made it a little difficult.

Still, I would highly recommend this hotel. Close to the airport, Plainfield shopping and the downtown area.

Room Tip: Check priceline under 3 1/2 star.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am very happy to let you know that we have a wonderful new bedding package that will be in all of our rooms very soon, complete with larger pillows! I hope you will stay with us and enjoy the new pillows the next time you are in Indy.
Aurora, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis for one night. I liked it's proximity to the highway. Very easy to access. (I'd say the hotel was about a 20 minute drive to downtown Indianapolis.) The room was nice and a good size, but the misleading hallway sign labeled it as a suite and it certainly was not a suite. The bathroom was quite large, with separate shower and tub, but there was nothing about the room that would make it a suite. The room had a door that clearly allowed it access to another hotel room. Unfortunately, I was able to hear people through that door, most frustratingly early in the morning.

All of the employees that I interacted with were very nice. Check-in and check-out were very easy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. Based on the photos you are correct, that room is not a suite. We will certainly research our signage and correct it immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We hope you will stay with us again!
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I generally break up my reviews into sections, then give a rating for each section, then average the sections. Not perfectly scientific or fair, but it's pretty close. My ratings are 0 to 5 stars. Also know that I give all hotels worldwide the same consideration, I don't make exceptions for small towns as I don't think that is fair.

General Hotel - An older hotel that has been well maintained and updated accordingly. This is a nice hotel with a neat atrium and pool area. Outside is a bit ugly and 70s-ish, and the grounds are boring but overall decent.
Rating - 4 Stars

Staff - Super friendly and accommodating. I didn't have any problems or special circumstances so I didn't see what they were like in a tough situation, but I suspect they'd be nice and efficient.
Rating - 4 Stars

Location - This all depends if you are looking to stay near the airport, which is what I was doing. It is super convenient to the airport and I suppose they have a shuttle to the airport, I had a car. If you were coming in to town to see the city, this hotel would be too far away. My rating is based on wanting to be near the airport. If you are looking for other things to do nearby, this is not a good choice as there really is nothing else around.
Rating - 3 Stars

Room - Decent room. Updated, clean and all required amenities. The wood and colors were a bit dark for me, but overall nice. I should mention that I dislike rooms that don't have windows that open, and these windows did not open. Still pretty much par of the course for a hotel like this.
Rating - 3 Stars

Bed - Really nice. Big, comfy, enjoyable. I slept well!
Rating - 4 Stars

Environment - Decent from an environmental point of view. Real glasses and coffee mugs for in-room use, but styrofoam for take away. That is a minus. No auto-light switches (the kind that go off automatically) but all CFLs. Room service had all reusable stuff and little throw away so that was a plus. Still no recycling, no compost, no low flow shower head, styrofoam take-away cups, no LED lighting and no auto-off light switches takes a way a bit.
Rating - 3 Stars

Restaurant - Decent but pricey. Food quality was good, but pretty standard fare without really any creativity. Moslty meat, I am not sure what a vegetarian would eat. Portions were way too big. I'd prefer half the food with at least a reduction of 1/3 the price. I ordered room service, and they were friendly and prompt. Not bad, not great.

Overall Rating:
Total Stars: 24
Total categories: 7
Total rating: 3.42 rounded down to 3 for trip advisor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for the review, I really enjoyed reading it. This review is an asset to us and will certainly be used in our guest satisfaction meetings. We strive to be the best, I hope the next time you visit you will again rate us and we will score even better.

Thanks again for the very insightful review.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Good location, close to airport. The rooms were clean and very reasonably priced. Only negative remark I have is no continental breakfast. I considered
this hotel a bargain compared to a lot of the hotels we stayed in lately.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do offer packages that have breakfast included, those can be found by visiting our website.

Thanks!

Been to Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!