Why wife and I were heading back to our home in Panama after Christmas after visiting family. The weather was going to be bad that evening so we decided to stay by the airport. We used priceline to get a great deal at the Crowne Plaza.
The room was nicely refurbished and the bed was very comfortable. The bath was fine and standard style for a Crowne. Free Internet was a great touch. The heat unit worked fine and kept the room warm once I understood the settings of when it would start and stop the heater. We did not eat at the dinning room or go to the bar but they looked comfortable and nice. They have a very small store with snacks and drinks. The pool area is in the open area and was in use. The families seemed to be having fun.
The staff was friendly and we were out at 4:30am to catch the shuttle which was ready to go. Check-in and check-out was a piece of cake with no issues.
I only have two complaints. One is normal with many older hotels is that you can hear your neighbors through the wall. Ours had a small child but the blessing was they were quiet and asleep by 9 pm. If you get the party animals or the one who likes to stay up late and have the TV blasting, it won’t be fun. The second was the size of the pillows. They were fine but take a standard (not king or queen) pillow and cut it in half and then put 6 on the king sized bed. It made it a little difficult.
Still, I would highly recommend this hotel. Close to the airport, Plainfield shopping and the downtown area.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport Hotel Indianapolis
- Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Indianapolis
- Holiday Inn Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Crowne Plaza
- Indianapolis Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour. Welcome to the newly renovated Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport hotel!The Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport Hotel is located just minutes from the Indianapolis International Airport (IND) and offers free airport shuttle service.Our Indianapolis Airport hotel is a smoke-free full-service, atrium style hotel & conference center featuring free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel & versatile conference space, including an amphitheater & symposium. For casual dining enjoy American cuisine in The Landing Restaurant. When time is of the essence, try A Cup Above Coffee Bar & Bakery proudly pouring Starbucks Coffee or order through room service from 6 AM to 11 PM. Need to exercise? Our top notch fitness center & indoor heated pool await you. Located 8 miles from downtown & many nearby attractions, such as the Indiana Convention Center, Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis Museum of Art, the Eiteljorg Museum, Indianapolis Zoo & Circle Centre Mall. Come experience simplified elegance and unparalleled level of service at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.