“Comfortable and Close to Airport and Downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 South High School Road, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #61 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Sora, Panama
“Comfortable and Close to Airport and Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Why wife and I were heading back to our home in Panama after Christmas after visiting family. The weather was going to be bad that evening so we decided to stay by the airport. We used priceline to get a great deal at the Crowne Plaza.

The room was nicely refurbished and the bed was very comfortable. The bath was fine and standard style for a Crowne. Free Internet was a great touch. The heat unit worked fine and kept the room warm once I understood the settings of when it would start and stop the heater. We did not eat at the dinning room or go to the bar but they looked comfortable and nice. They have a very small store with snacks and drinks. The pool area is in the open area and was in use. The families seemed to be having fun.

The staff was friendly and we were out at 4:30am to catch the shuttle which was ready to go. Check-in and check-out was a piece of cake with no issues.

I only have two complaints. One is normal with many older hotels is that you can hear your neighbors through the wall. Ours had a small child but the blessing was they were quiet and asleep by 9 pm. If you get the party animals or the one who likes to stay up late and have the TV blasting, it won’t be fun. The second was the size of the pillows. They were fine but take a standard (not king or queen) pillow and cut it in half and then put 6 on the king sized bed. It made it a little difficult.

Still, I would highly recommend this hotel. Close to the airport, Plainfield shopping and the downtown area.

Room Tip: Check priceline under 3 1/2 star.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am very happy to let you know that we have a wonderful new bedding package that will be in all of our rooms very soon, complete with larger pillows! I hope you will stay with us and enjoy the new pillows the next time you are in Indy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Aurora, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis for one night. I liked it's proximity to the highway. Very easy to access. (I'd say the hotel was about a 20 minute drive to downtown Indianapolis.) The room was nice and a good size, but the misleading hallway sign labeled it as a suite and it certainly was not a suite. The bathroom was quite large, with separate shower and tub, but there was nothing about the room that would make it a suite. The room had a door that clearly allowed it access to another hotel room. Unfortunately, I was able to hear people through that door, most frustratingly early in the morning.

All of the employees that I interacted with were very nice. Check-in and check-out were very easy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. Based on the photos you are correct, that room is not a suite. We will certainly research our signage and correct it immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We hope you will stay with us again!
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I generally break up my reviews into sections, then give a rating for each section, then average the sections. Not perfectly scientific or fair, but it's pretty close. My ratings are 0 to 5 stars. Also know that I give all hotels worldwide the same consideration, I don't make exceptions for small towns as I don't think that is fair.

General Hotel - An older hotel that has been well maintained and updated accordingly. This is a nice hotel with a neat atrium and pool area. Outside is a bit ugly and 70s-ish, and the grounds are boring but overall decent.
Rating - 4 Stars

Staff - Super friendly and accommodating. I didn't have any problems or special circumstances so I didn't see what they were like in a tough situation, but I suspect they'd be nice and efficient.
Rating - 4 Stars

Location - This all depends if you are looking to stay near the airport, which is what I was doing. It is super convenient to the airport and I suppose they have a shuttle to the airport, I had a car. If you were coming in to town to see the city, this hotel would be too far away. My rating is based on wanting to be near the airport. If you are looking for other things to do nearby, this is not a good choice as there really is nothing else around.
Rating - 3 Stars

Room - Decent room. Updated, clean and all required amenities. The wood and colors were a bit dark for me, but overall nice. I should mention that I dislike rooms that don't have windows that open, and these windows did not open. Still pretty much par of the course for a hotel like this.
Rating - 3 Stars

Bed - Really nice. Big, comfy, enjoyable. I slept well!
Rating - 4 Stars

Environment - Decent from an environmental point of view. Real glasses and coffee mugs for in-room use, but styrofoam for take away. That is a minus. No auto-light switches (the kind that go off automatically) but all CFLs. Room service had all reusable stuff and little throw away so that was a plus. Still no recycling, no compost, no low flow shower head, styrofoam take-away cups, no LED lighting and no auto-off light switches takes a way a bit.
Rating - 3 Stars

Restaurant - Decent but pricey. Food quality was good, but pretty standard fare without really any creativity. Moslty meat, I am not sure what a vegetarian would eat. Portions were way too big. I'd prefer half the food with at least a reduction of 1/3 the price. I ordered room service, and they were friendly and prompt. Not bad, not great.

Overall Rating:
Total Stars: 24
Total categories: 7
Total rating: 3.42 rounded down to 3 for trip advisor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for the review, I really enjoyed reading it. This review is an asset to us and will certainly be used in our guest satisfaction meetings. We strive to be the best, I hope the next time you visit you will again rate us and we will score even better.

Thanks again for the very insightful review.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Good location, close to airport. The rooms were clean and very reasonably priced. Only negative remark I have is no continental breakfast. I considered
this hotel a bargain compared to a lot of the hotels we stayed in lately.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do offer packages that have breakfast included, those can be found by visiting our website.

Thanks!
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had a great stay for the B1G Championship game in Indianapolis. The staff was fantastic from the shuttle driver, the bartenders, to the gal behind the counter. Rooms were clean, and very good sized. Free WiFi (huge pet peeve)! Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: I Pricelined it, $65 a night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hello,

I'm very glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable from start to finish! We hope to see you again.
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel based on a recommendation by a co worker. My stay consisted of a week. By most of the reviews I read on this hotel, I clearly could not have stayed at the same hotel. I would not recommend this hotel. I arrived early evening and the clerk was doing nothing yet behaved as if I was clearly interrupting something. My room was not the cleanest room I have had. When I arrived, I saw a piece of plastic next to the trash can. That piece of plastic stayed on the floor next to the trash can until Thursday. I arrived Sunday. The restaurant was not open every night. My co-worker and I ate there one evening as we were also working and it took FOREVER for the food to arrive. Once it did, the meal was horrible I ate two bites and the waitress asked if I was done and before I could say anything she took the food away and never asked why I didn't eat it. I also ate breakfast there one morning. Same bad service, overpriced food and it tasted horrible. There is a Denny's within 5 minute drive. Go there. I ordered the exact same breakfast at the hotel as I did Denny's and Denny's was 4.00 cheaper. Overall, I would not stay at the hotel again. The only place in the hotel that I experienced good service was the Starbucks counter. Slow internet service. Pillows are old and flat. My view was of another part of the roof.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate people who take the time to share their experience, it helps us to provide better service to all of our guests.

Our entire managment staff has read your review. I am sorry to hear that your pillows were not comfortable. We have a manager on duty at all times and we would be more than happy to provide you with different pillows or assist you with any other concerns. I do hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can prove to you that your experience is not the norm.

Happy Holidays.
Indy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Felt itchy and had red bumps in morning. Pool was very hot, hot tub was very cold.
No free breakfast as listed on website. Night clerk ( blond male 30s/40s ) rude. Highlight was Josephine at check in who was very courteous. Beds were comfortable, plenty of linens , pillows and blankets.

• Stayed November 2012
Hi,

Thank you for your review, I'm very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations.

We do offer breakfast packages and if you feel you booked a breakfast package from our website and did not receive your couponsI would be happy to assist you with a resolution.

I am glad to hear that Josephine made your stay more enjoyable. We will certainly look into the rudeness you experienced.

Been to Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!