“Nice hotel in an airport location - Really around 3.5 stars.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 South High School Road, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #71 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Seattle, Washington
“Nice hotel in an airport location - Really around 3.5 stars.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I generally break up my reviews into sections, then give a rating for each section, then average the sections. Not perfectly scientific or fair, but it's pretty close. My ratings are 0 to 5 stars. Also know that I give all hotels worldwide the same consideration, I don't make exceptions for small towns as I don't think that is fair.

General Hotel - An older hotel that has been well maintained and updated accordingly. This is a nice hotel with a neat atrium and pool area. Outside is a bit ugly and 70s-ish, and the grounds are boring but overall decent.
Rating - 4 Stars

Staff - Super friendly and accommodating. I didn't have any problems or special circumstances so I didn't see what they were like in a tough situation, but I suspect they'd be nice and efficient.
Rating - 4 Stars

Location - This all depends if you are looking to stay near the airport, which is what I was doing. It is super convenient to the airport and I suppose they have a shuttle to the airport, I had a car. If you were coming in to town to see the city, this hotel would be too far away. My rating is based on wanting to be near the airport. If you are looking for other things to do nearby, this is not a good choice as there really is nothing else around.
Rating - 3 Stars

Room - Decent room. Updated, clean and all required amenities. The wood and colors were a bit dark for me, but overall nice. I should mention that I dislike rooms that don't have windows that open, and these windows did not open. Still pretty much par of the course for a hotel like this.
Rating - 3 Stars

Bed - Really nice. Big, comfy, enjoyable. I slept well!
Rating - 4 Stars

Environment - Decent from an environmental point of view. Real glasses and coffee mugs for in-room use, but styrofoam for take away. That is a minus. No auto-light switches (the kind that go off automatically) but all CFLs. Room service had all reusable stuff and little throw away so that was a plus. Still no recycling, no compost, no low flow shower head, styrofoam take-away cups, no LED lighting and no auto-off light switches takes a way a bit.
Rating - 3 Stars

Restaurant - Decent but pricey. Food quality was good, but pretty standard fare without really any creativity. Moslty meat, I am not sure what a vegetarian would eat. Portions were way too big. I'd prefer half the food with at least a reduction of 1/3 the price. I ordered room service, and they were friendly and prompt. Not bad, not great.

Overall Rating:
Total Stars: 24
Total categories: 7
Total rating: 3.42 rounded down to 3 for trip advisor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for the review, I really enjoyed reading it. This review is an asset to us and will certainly be used in our guest satisfaction meetings. We strive to be the best, I hope the next time you visit you will again rate us and we will score even better.

Thanks again for the very insightful review.

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Good location, close to airport. The rooms were clean and very reasonably priced. Only negative remark I have is no continental breakfast. I considered
this hotel a bargain compared to a lot of the hotels we stayed in lately.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do offer packages that have breakfast included, those can be found by visiting our website.

Thanks!
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had a great stay for the B1G Championship game in Indianapolis. The staff was fantastic from the shuttle driver, the bartenders, to the gal behind the counter. Rooms were clean, and very good sized. Free WiFi (huge pet peeve)! Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: I Pricelined it, $65 a night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hello,

I'm very glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable from start to finish! We hope to see you again.
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel based on a recommendation by a co worker. My stay consisted of a week. By most of the reviews I read on this hotel, I clearly could not have stayed at the same hotel. I would not recommend this hotel. I arrived early evening and the clerk was doing nothing yet behaved as if I was clearly interrupting something. My room was not the cleanest room I have had. When I arrived, I saw a piece of plastic next to the trash can. That piece of plastic stayed on the floor next to the trash can until Thursday. I arrived Sunday. The restaurant was not open every night. My co-worker and I ate there one evening as we were also working and it took FOREVER for the food to arrive. Once it did, the meal was horrible I ate two bites and the waitress asked if I was done and before I could say anything she took the food away and never asked why I didn't eat it. I also ate breakfast there one morning. Same bad service, overpriced food and it tasted horrible. There is a Denny's within 5 minute drive. Go there. I ordered the exact same breakfast at the hotel as I did Denny's and Denny's was 4.00 cheaper. Overall, I would not stay at the hotel again. The only place in the hotel that I experienced good service was the Starbucks counter. Slow internet service. Pillows are old and flat. My view was of another part of the roof.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate people who take the time to share their experience, it helps us to provide better service to all of our guests.

Our entire managment staff has read your review. I am sorry to hear that your pillows were not comfortable. We have a manager on duty at all times and we would be more than happy to provide you with different pillows or assist you with any other concerns. I do hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can prove to you that your experience is not the norm.

Happy Holidays.
Indy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Felt itchy and had red bumps in morning. Pool was very hot, hot tub was very cold.
No free breakfast as listed on website. Night clerk ( blond male 30s/40s ) rude. Highlight was Josephine at check in who was very courteous. Beds were comfortable, plenty of linens , pillows and blankets.

• Stayed November 2012
Hi,

Thank you for your review, I'm very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations.

We do offer breakfast packages and if you feel you booked a breakfast package from our website and did not receive your couponsI would be happy to assist you with a resolution.

I am glad to hear that Josephine made your stay more enjoyable. We will certainly look into the rudeness you experienced.
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is very convenient to the airport and they upgraded me to the executive floor. The executive floor has a lounge with free coffee, sodas, snacks, additional computer and printer, nice TV lounge. The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was reasonably priced and and had a nice buffet.
The only complaint is the lighting in the bathrooms. There is dark orange/brown wall paper and heavily shaded lamps on either side of the mirror. The result is that is is nearly too dark to shave. I would strongly urge the hotel to get rid of the dark wall paper and install lamp covers that transmit far more light.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestions with us! I am happy to let you know that we take our guest's suggestions seriously and that our managment staff is looking into this further! Thanks!
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

My flight was leaving in the early morning, so I opted to stay somewhere close to the airport. I was driving back from Terre Haute and getting to the location felt odd, since there were so many service roads around the area. The lobby was very nice and staff was helpful and accommodating. I expected to hear planes based on the location of the hotel, and you can definitely hear them. There were earplugs available in the bathroom too. Don't stay here if airplane traffic noise is an issue for you.
The bed was very comfortable and the food from room service was good too. I would definitely stay here again to catch an early flight out of Indy.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you will stay with us again in the future, we do have a quiet wing so if you are a light sleeper please be sure to mention it when you check in, our agents would be happy to accomodate you.

Been to Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!