“Good Stay-Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 South High School Road, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #64 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
Iowa
“Good Stay-Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had a great stay for the B1G Championship game in Indianapolis. The staff was fantastic from the shuttle driver, the bartenders, to the gal behind the counter. Rooms were clean, and very good sized. Free WiFi (huge pet peeve)! Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: I Pricelined it, $65 a night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hello,

I'm very glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable from start to finish! We hope to see you again.

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel based on a recommendation by a co worker. My stay consisted of a week. By most of the reviews I read on this hotel, I clearly could not have stayed at the same hotel. I would not recommend this hotel. I arrived early evening and the clerk was doing nothing yet behaved as if I was clearly interrupting something. My room was not the cleanest room I have had. When I arrived, I saw a piece of plastic next to the trash can. That piece of plastic stayed on the floor next to the trash can until Thursday. I arrived Sunday. The restaurant was not open every night. My co-worker and I ate there one evening as we were also working and it took FOREVER for the food to arrive. Once it did, the meal was horrible I ate two bites and the waitress asked if I was done and before I could say anything she took the food away and never asked why I didn't eat it. I also ate breakfast there one morning. Same bad service, overpriced food and it tasted horrible. There is a Denny's within 5 minute drive. Go there. I ordered the exact same breakfast at the hotel as I did Denny's and Denny's was 4.00 cheaper. Overall, I would not stay at the hotel again. The only place in the hotel that I experienced good service was the Starbucks counter. Slow internet service. Pillows are old and flat. My view was of another part of the roof.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate people who take the time to share their experience, it helps us to provide better service to all of our guests.

Our entire managment staff has read your review. I am sorry to hear that your pillows were not comfortable. We have a manager on duty at all times and we would be more than happy to provide you with different pillows or assist you with any other concerns. I do hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can prove to you that your experience is not the norm.

Happy Holidays.
Indy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Felt itchy and had red bumps in morning. Pool was very hot, hot tub was very cold.
No free breakfast as listed on website. Night clerk ( blond male 30s/40s ) rude. Highlight was Josephine at check in who was very courteous. Beds were comfortable, plenty of linens , pillows and blankets.

• Stayed November 2012
Hi,

Thank you for your review, I'm very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations.

We do offer breakfast packages and if you feel you booked a breakfast package from our website and did not receive your couponsI would be happy to assist you with a resolution.

I am glad to hear that Josephine made your stay more enjoyable. We will certainly look into the rudeness you experienced.
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is very convenient to the airport and they upgraded me to the executive floor. The executive floor has a lounge with free coffee, sodas, snacks, additional computer and printer, nice TV lounge. The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was reasonably priced and and had a nice buffet.
The only complaint is the lighting in the bathrooms. There is dark orange/brown wall paper and heavily shaded lamps on either side of the mirror. The result is that is is nearly too dark to shave. I would strongly urge the hotel to get rid of the dark wall paper and install lamp covers that transmit far more light.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestions with us! I am happy to let you know that we take our guest's suggestions seriously and that our managment staff is looking into this further! Thanks!
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

My flight was leaving in the early morning, so I opted to stay somewhere close to the airport. I was driving back from Terre Haute and getting to the location felt odd, since there were so many service roads around the area. The lobby was very nice and staff was helpful and accommodating. I expected to hear planes based on the location of the hotel, and you can definitely hear them. There were earplugs available in the bathroom too. Don't stay here if airplane traffic noise is an issue for you.
The bed was very comfortable and the food from room service was good too. I would definitely stay here again to catch an early flight out of Indy.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you will stay with us again in the future, we do have a quiet wing so if you are a light sleeper please be sure to mention it when you check in, our agents would be happy to accomodate you.
Danville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were here last Saturday, what a beautiful place, indoor pool, starbucks, lovely rooms. We were at a catered event so didn't get to try the hotel food but everything was nice, clean and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the time you spent here. We hope the next time you visit you get a chance to try our restaurant!
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have delayed writing this review so I could be fair. We stayed in this hotel for a weekend for a seminar type event. I would agree that it deserved a three to a three and a half star rating. It was very neat and clean. The beds extremely comfortable and the rooms spacious enough. The decor of the public spaces were tasteful and simple. The pool always had ample towels and was a clean area. The carpets, flooring, and windows in the public spaces were immaculately clean. The housekeeping staff was well groomed and polite and efficient. The restaurant staff was friendly and accommodating. The folks at the front desk were friendly, but several times seemed understaffed as lines formed to wait for assistance. I have often seen a more uniformed appearance at the desk in other three and a half star hotels which may have given a better impression. We were very impressed that there was a special quiet floor where one could be assured that no circus or marching band would be assigned there! (according to the sign!!) How clever!! This was a model property.
Had this been our only experience this would have been an above average review. I hesitate to write about a bad experience because anything can happen and be human error. But since this was a review of OUR experience at this property, it is an honest review. Early the first morning, about 5 am, we were locked out of our bathroom by closing the door when someone came out. No one turned the lever but it was broken and malfunctioning. With no one in the bathroom, the door was closed and it was locked from the inside. We called down to the desk. They said they could not do anything until later when the maintenance came in. They indicated this had happened before and there was a special key or tool to unlock these doors, but no one had it until maintenance came in. They sent a housekeeper up with a coat hanger, ( at our request to try something) but since it was not a push button lock, no luck. They gave us a key to another room down the hall to use its restroom/shower until ours was fixed.. ( That bathroom door lock was also wobbly and loose.) So after only about five hours of sleep, and a morning fiasco, we had to get ready for our first meeting. Isn't it good we did not have a child locked in the bathroom with no one knowing how to unlock it? They assured us that maintenance would unlock it just as soon as they got in. Several hours later, before noon, I called to check on it and the desk said they thought it had been taken care of. The maintenance man came up to the room with the special tool, gave me a lesson on how locks work and said it was "no big deal. He acted like we did not know how to work a bathroom lock when in fact that lock was faulty and did become locked every few times you closed the door. He said he thought that we had checked out, so did not make it a priority to come up. We were scheduled to stay another day and had no plans to check out. But if I had not followed up and called again for this repair, it would have gone much later in the day. I just feel like a hotel room with no use of the restroom should be a priority for the service personnel. We had to go down the hall every time we needed to use the restroom or to shower and shave to get ready for the meetings. I don't think that was acceptable. It was better than packing up and moving rooms at five a.m. after only a few hours sleep so I am glad we did not do that. I don't think this is what everyone will experience at this hotel, but I think the front desk should have had the capability/ tool and training to open a door when locked especially if this was not the first time this had happened. So I am going to give it an average rating balancing between nice property and an unfortunate situation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for writing this review. The way that your situation was handled was not how we should have handled it and for that I apologize. We do use guest feedback to improve the service we provide. Thanks to your feedback we have made sure that all of our front desk staff has the proper tools to immediately take care of a problem such as this as well as the proper procedures.

Been to Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!