I have delayed writing this review so I could be fair. We stayed in this hotel for a weekend for a seminar type event. I would agree that it deserved a three to a three and a half star rating. It was very neat and clean. The beds extremely comfortable and the rooms spacious enough. The decor of the public spaces were tasteful and simple. The pool always had ample towels and was a clean area. The carpets, flooring, and windows in the public spaces were immaculately clean. The housekeeping staff was well groomed and polite and efficient. The restaurant staff was friendly and accommodating. The folks at the front desk were friendly, but several times seemed understaffed as lines formed to wait for assistance. I have often seen a more uniformed appearance at the desk in other three and a half star hotels which may have given a better impression. We were very impressed that there was a special quiet floor where one could be assured that no circus or marching band would be assigned there! (according to the sign!!) How clever!! This was a model property.
Had this been our only experience this would have been an above average review. I hesitate to write about a bad experience because anything can happen and be human error. But since this was a review of OUR experience at this property, it is an honest review. Early the first morning, about 5 am, we were locked out of our bathroom by closing the door when someone came out. No one turned the lever but it was broken and malfunctioning. With no one in the bathroom, the door was closed and it was locked from the inside. We called down to the desk. They said they could not do anything until later when the maintenance came in. They indicated this had happened before and there was a special key or tool to unlock these doors, but no one had it until maintenance came in. They sent a housekeeper up with a coat hanger, ( at our request to try something) but since it was not a push button lock, no luck. They gave us a key to another room down the hall to use its restroom/shower until ours was fixed.. ( That bathroom door lock was also wobbly and loose.) So after only about five hours of sleep, and a morning fiasco, we had to get ready for our first meeting. Isn't it good we did not have a child locked in the bathroom with no one knowing how to unlock it? They assured us that maintenance would unlock it just as soon as they got in. Several hours later, before noon, I called to check on it and the desk said they thought it had been taken care of. The maintenance man came up to the room with the special tool, gave me a lesson on how locks work and said it was "no big deal. He acted like we did not know how to work a bathroom lock when in fact that lock was faulty and did become locked every few times you closed the door. He said he thought that we had checked out, so did not make it a priority to come up. We were scheduled to stay another day and had no plans to check out. But if I had not followed up and called again for this repair, it would have gone much later in the day. I just feel like a hotel room with no use of the restroom should be a priority for the service personnel. We had to go down the hall every time we needed to use the restroom or to shower and shave to get ready for the meetings. I don't think that was acceptable. It was better than packing up and moving rooms at five a.m. after only a few hours sleep so I am glad we did not do that. I don't think this is what everyone will experience at this hotel, but I think the front desk should have had the capability/ tool and training to open a door when locked especially if this was not the first time this had happened. So I am going to give it an average rating balancing between nice property and an unfortunate situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour. Welcome to the newly renovated Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport hotel!The Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport Hotel is located just minutes from the Indianapolis International Airport (IND) and offers free airport shuttle service.Our Indianapolis Airport hotel is a smoke-free full-service, atrium style hotel & conference center featuring free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel & versatile conference space, including an amphitheater & symposium. For casual dining enjoy American cuisine in The Landing Restaurant. When time is of the essence, try A Cup Above Coffee Bar & Bakery proudly pouring Starbucks Coffee or order through room service from 6 AM to 11 PM. Need to exercise? Our top notch fitness center & indoor heated pool await you. Located 8 miles from downtown & many nearby attractions, such as the Indiana Convention Center, Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis Museum of Art, the Eiteljorg Museum, Indianapolis Zoo & Circle Centre Mall. Come experience simplified elegance and unparalleled level of service at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport Hotel Indianapolis
- Holiday Inn Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Crowne Plaza
- Indianapolis Holiday Inn