“DOUBLE YUCK!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Murray, Indiana, United States
“DOUBLE YUCK!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Drive as fast as you can away from here! I am sure your car is a cleaner place to sleep than one of these rooms! In these rooms you will find toenails on the floor, mystery stains on the chair, mold on the window sills, lots and lots of dirt and dust everywhere you look, blood on the wall, a trash can covering the stain on the floor, and a lovley vomit smell down the halway of the 3rd floor. If this sounds like a good time to you, go ahead and stay here. Heres another bit of information the hot tub was condemed the health department right after my husband and children got out of it. DISGUSTING! There were employees in there at the time of this and instead of informing them about this they politely waited until they got out to slap the big orange sign on the hot tub to say it was condemed. How thoughtful! Thanks again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vijay C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-East, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am sorry that you found that your room was not cleaned properly. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tate, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I travel all over and choose to stay at Hampton Inn's because they are usually reasonably priced, have a good hot breakfast, are safe and are USUALLY kept up very nicely. When I approached the registration desk, the young lady was playing with her phone and smiling at the phone. She acknowledged me without looking at me or smiling at me- oh, the irony. I asked her how she was and she said, "fine." end of story. Where have all the niceties in customer service gone or just plain old manners?

Someone needs to tell the management/owners of this facility the above.

The decor in my room was nice- dark wood, carpet in good condition, mini fridge in the room is a nice touch. The microwave has oily looking hand prints all over the door- that's what the cleaning crew is for!

I didn't appreciate finding hair and a common pin on the bathroom floor. I am glad I saw the pin before getting it stuck in my foot or there would have been problems.

The next time I am in the area I will not stay here.

The location is convenient to my destination.

My room faces the busy road and I can hear traffic whizzing by- I am sure sleep quality will be lacking. Thankfully I will only be here one night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DAYTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The room was very clean and nicely decorated. I appreciated having the sofa for seating. The surroundings were quiet. The continental breakfast was only fair. Hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. The exit road in front of the hotel places you conveniently across from I-70W.

Room Tip: My room was near the end of the hall so there was very little activity there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
kansas city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Little dingier than some Hamptons, same great service. Offered bottled water at check in. Fresh coffee and cookies. This hotel is a great location. Easy to get to and some great restaurants right down the road.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great hotel for the price and room. Good breakfast in the morning, with a to go breakfast if you are in a rush. Also offer tea and coffee all day. Ample parking. Nice, average size rooms. Fitness room is basic, but gets the job done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

There was a used bar of soap, an empty shampoo bottle and a razor left on the side of the tub from previous guests. I found a pretzel in my bed. Have stayed at many Hampton Inns and this was by far the worst condition of a room I have ever had. Fitness center is a joke. Broken and damaged machines and no weights.

Room Tip: find a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Vijay C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-East, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. I was disappointed to read from your review that you found a used bar soap in your bathroom and your bed was not clean. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

As another reviewer mentioned, there are a couple hundred school buses parked directly behind the hotel. Although the hotel cannot help this, the beeping from the back up alarms starts about 5:30am and continues throughout the morning. I left the property around 10am and they were still beeping. If you're a light sleeper, this isn't going to be the hotel for you. I assume this doesn't happen on the weekend, so it would probably be fine to stay Friday or Saturday night, or during school holidays.

My room was clean and comfortable, with nice linens. The shower didn't work perfectly, but I expect that was a unique issue for my room. The room was good sized and had a nice work area and a large TV.

I didn't try the breakfast, as the breakfast area was quite crowded, but there is a Bob Evans directly across the parking lot, and I ate there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vijay C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-East, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to the noise you encountered during your stay. I very much regret that the noise was disruptive to you and apologize that you're comfort was interrupted by the school buses behind our property.

Again, please accept my apologies and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis-East? Share your experiences!