“A nice place to stay on a budget.” 4 of 5 stars

Extend a Suites Indianapolis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7701 E. 42nd Street, Indianapolis, IN 46226   |
Ranked #127 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“A nice place to stay on a budget.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

A friend and I stayed here one night during the Big Ten Championship game. We were on a budget and for the price we paid it was a nice place to stay. It's not fancy but everyone was nice, the room was clean, and the beds were new and comfortable. If the Huskers ever make it back to Indy, we'll stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I travel to Indy about 4 or 5 times a year on business. This hotel has the best location of any other and I've been staying here for years, even before the new owners took over last year. I have no idea what these negative reviews people have posted could possibly be talking about and I feel like they must be from the local competition that wanted this place to go out of business. This place WAY BETTER then it was when it was a Ramada. From what the staff told me the new owners have sunk about a million dollars into it. Yes it still needs work, but when I stayed here a few years ago I felt like I was the only one there, now it's got people staying there and seems always very full. It's a large place so with that many people staying there, one or two bad reviews can't mean the whole place is bad. Since I travel so much I stay in all kinds of places and like anyone else, a 5 star for a 1 star price would be great but it's not going to happen unless you PAY for a 5 star place. I dont' expect luxury for the price they charge but I do expect a clean room and friendly staff. Discount hotels are what they are and I've never been disappointed here. I have been in a room that I didn't like and asked for another and they made the change with no issues. At all the hotels I stay at I've learned which rooms to ask for. The back wing here is the one thats just been completely renovated and has new, very nice mattresses.

I will return and hope to get the same great service and nice clean room.

Room Tip: Ask for the back wing. It has the newly renovated rooms and is the most quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Usa, Tanzania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed overnight here on our trip to WV. The hotel is easily accessible from the interstate. The check in clerk was very friendly. The room, well, was just awful. The first room we were put in had red duct tape around the floor holding the wallpaper up. There was a condom wrapper left in the trash can. Hair in the bathtub. But worst of all, the adjoining room door did NOT lock. I went to the front desk, and explained what I had found and was placed into a different room. More tape holding up wallpaper, however, it wasn't red but clear this time. The carpets in both rooms had giant stains. We were tired from driving and near exhaustion, so we peeled back the sheets, laid sleeping bags on the beds and passed out. I highly recommend spending a few extra dollars and staying elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is the ONLY place to stay in Indianapolis. Very impressed! It’s obvious the new owners worked very hard and are dedicated to making sure your stay is enjoyable. I travel a lot and customer service is very important. Everyone was very friendly and went out of their way to be accommodating. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Great Restaurant! Location is perfect. I wouldn’t think of staying anywhere else. Thank you to the new owners for making us feel at home.
On another note: I was shocked to see a couple negative comments and can only assume those people didn’t communicate with the staff or the owner directly. “Can’t fix it if you don’t know it’s broke” How many places can you contact the actual owner or speak to them personally? You can’t get that kind of service from big corporate chains – you’d just get an 800 number to call. Communication is key!
Looking forward to staying there the next time we're in town.
Thanks again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

this place is run down. Pics online must be when it was new. Pool looked dirty. No exhaust in bathroom. Hair dryer was missing. Large convention room right next to our room which hosted wedding reception so no sleep!

• Stayed June 2012
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is my second stay here and I just have to say I'm really impressed with what the new owners have done. I stayed here on business right after they took over and there where some real challenges. The place looks totally different. The lobby is remodeled, they put me in a wing that has been totally rehabbed and the rooms look brand new! Planning my trip to Indy I checked reviews before I came back and was surprise how many positive ones there where. A few negatives that seem extreme but I guess you can't please everyone. I enjoyed my stay, thought the restaurant was good and will stay there again!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to make a reservation or go to thier website.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I reserved 2 rooms online using the Extend-A Suite website for a 1-night stay on 3/16. Upon our arrival, my family of 6 (including 2 teenage daughters) was assigned to 2 rooms that were in disastrous condition. There was food on the wall in one room, exposed nails sticking out of the wall in another, heavily stained mattresses and box springs, nonworking heat/air conditioning units, and strong smells of smoke and other odors. My family would not stay at the hotel and I asked the female manager on site to reverse the reservation, and she agreed. It was later explained to me that we were mistakenly shown rooms given to 'weekly' rental customers who naturally trash the rooms. Now, who would send a family to such rooms?

I received a 'bill information printout' showing what I hoped was a reversal of the charges made to my credit card and assurances that I would not be charged, but sure enough the charges have shown up and I cannot get a reply from the hotel yet. I'm in for a battle just to get money back for 2 rooms that we NEVER USED.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Extend a Suites Indianapolis? Share your experiences!