This is not one of the better Embassy Suites. The downtown location is great, just a short walk over a skyway to the big shopping mall. Everything in the downtown area is just a short walk from the hotel, and there are many decent restaurants in the area, including a Weber Grill in the building. The hotel has the large interior courtyard and open view elevators standard for the chain, but you can tell it's been here for quite a while. It really shows its age. The lobby area seems to be from the 1970's, rather depressing. Our KIng Suite had all the normal Embassy Suites amenities, but was rather dark and, once again, shows its age. The room was fine for a one night stay, just not as impressive as most other Embassy Suites we've stayed in. There were two hot tubs in the indoor pool area, neither one of which was working (and the pool area was not very inviting).The front desk staff reminded me of a typical New York City hotel----businesslike and not particularly friendly (no issues here, just not a real friendly check-in process). The free breakfast was fine, with lots of choices and a large area of tables. There is an adjacent parking garage, and the parking fee is about what you expect for a downtown location. The garage also shows its age, and was undergoing major repairs while we were there. Overall, a decent place to stay given the excellent location, but it needs major work to brighten it up and service could be improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to many Indianapolis attractions. The new Lucas Oil Stadium and Conseco Fieldhouse are both just blocks away from our downtown Indianapolis hotel. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is just 6 miles from the hotel. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale accommodations offer the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary manager's reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Embassy Suites