“Much improved” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown

You added Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
WiFi Package
Ranked #79 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Louisville, Kentucky
“Much improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

After a four year hiatus, I returned with some concern, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are clean, fresh and the bedrooms are quiet. The manager's reception was ok and the breakfast could be better if they had more open windows. Overall, it was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Good location, rooms were okay. But ... everything else was terrible. The design flaw of the atrium is that sounds and noises echo through the front door of your room at all hours of the night. The hotel walls are very thin -- could hear in intimate detail my neighbor's conversations.
The restaurant off the lobby was terrible. Slow service, awful food for the price ... even my coffee was served cold. How hard is it to mess up coffee? The restaurant has no heating so whatever the temperature is outside, that's about what it is at your table (minus the wind). We wore winter coats as we ate our dinner. We were too tired to walk anywhere else, because we shold have.
Breakfast buffett was alright, but forget about standing in line for an omlette. One grill worker making omlettes for 100 people. Some poor saps were waiting in line for 40 minutes for an omlette while I sat there and ate breakfast.
The heating unit in my hotel room rattled until I shoved a piece of metal against the side to stop the racket.
Very difficult to get to the lobby from street level. Made staying here kind of awkward.
I would expect all these things from a Super 8 or truckstop motel ... but for a downtown hotel in Indianapolis, and for the price we paid, I frankly expected a little better.
I won't ever be staying here again.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel. Really.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We apologize for the noise and other inconveniences you had during your stay with us. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. Again thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and I hope that you will consider staying with us next time you are in town.

cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Good location- nice rooms but...there was a large group of young girls and families staying there.. The manager's reception bar was short staffed and the "snacks" consisted of pop corn only. At breakfast the next day- 4 of the steam dishes were empty and we had to wait. Also no silverware-none at all so we had to wait about 5 minutes for that. Then when I was getting juice I saw a roach crawling between the dispensers. YUK. No one there to tell. Finally check out- no thank you, comeback again, need directions-NOThing- just "OK" when the keys were turned in.Will not go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you did not experience the level of service you deserve. I was disappointed to read from your review that you were dissatisfied with our staff’ level of service. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience an exceptional level of service and I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff regarding your comments. Our guests feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Canton, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here with our 3 children for a Weekend getaway. This hotel is no better than a motel. My husband is Hilton Honors and has never experienced such a poor experience at an Embassy Suites.
First, had a friend who was supposed to join us and booked a second room for her. Chicago weather prevented her from coming, as well as I-65 being SHUT DOWN. We called to cancel her room and asked, given the circumstances, if we could have our points returned. After waiting on hold for nearly 20 minutes were told "no, because they couldn't find any proof that the highway was really shut down". Not the best response to someone who loyally stays at Hiltons 3-5 x a month.
Getting into the hotel is awful. No doormen at all to help. Have to take an escalator up to the lobby- with luggage. When we left, there was a doorman... But I didn't see him do anything except say goodbye to people.

Room- corner room. It was large, but very awkward. Bathroom was in the bedroom... Not between bedroom and living room like most ES we have stayed in. Overwhelming mildew smell. Bathroom soo very dated. Put our kids in the bedroom and my husband and I slept in the living room on pull-out couch because the lobby was out of control loud. Kids running everywhere until midnight-1 am. Wasted women screaming outside our room at 3 am. Pull out couch was horrendous- shouldn't even be considered a sleeping option. I called housekeeping early in the evening for 4 extra pillows- 2 for sofa bed ( there were no extras) and 2 to use as bolsters for our 2 year old in the big bed. They could only give us 2.??? When we finally went to bed, there were no blankets anywhere for the pullout couch (which was covered with stains)- we used towels and coats for blankets.

Restaurant was sub par. We were there late (8:30) and were the only ones there. Should have left property, but our kids were tired and hungry. Bartender was our waiter and was nice enough. Even as the only people there, it took about 25 minutes to get our food.Random people brought my husbands and my food first and when we inquired about the kids food- the "waitress" (?) said "oh yeah it's ready - it's been sitting in the window". Food quality was below par. We had better food at the Children's Museum the following day.

Pool- awful. Freezing. Standing water all over pool deck. Used, soaking wet towels everywhere. My son wanted to get in the frothy, dirty hot tub and there wasn't a chance in he** I would let him get in there!

Breakfast was just ok. Ran out of many items, juices and plates at various times. Lines to get kids a pancake was 15-20 minute wait. Tables were dirty. Lobby area was FREEZING. One busser told me that it is always cold and they have space heaters everywhere to try to help.

Completely below average experience. This hotel is in need of a complete physical and managerial overhaul. This was our last time to ever stay at this hotel.... They give a bad name to the Embassy Suites brand.

• Stayed February 2013
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. Your feedback is very important to us and I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention so that I can personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. I assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to make sure we provide our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

At one point, the embassy suites were top of the line - now the style of hotel is clearly less popular

That being said, the room was fine and seemed to be fairly recently upgraded. It is not easy to get to the street and up into the lobby, that is the problem with the structure. However, they are attached to several other buildings and the mall, so that is convenient

The free breakfast is ok, but could have healthier options. The staff were very friendly, and the location was very convenient right in the center of the city

All in all, we had a fine stay and would stay here again, although there are a number of other newer options

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you found our location to be convenient and our staff was friendly toward you, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you found our hotel to be somewhat dated. Our guests satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Your feedback is very important to us and I will make sure to keep your comments in mind to better our property.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you're planning a visit to downtown Indy, this is a good place to be. It's quite convenient to the Convention Center -- a definite "plus" during the winter months! -- and there are plenty of dining options within easy walking distance. The hotel is a bit tired-looking, but the rates reflect its status; and did I mention how ideally-situated it is??

Several months ago, I planned a meeting at this facility and received nothing but positive feedback from our 30-plus attendees. While the rooms were not luxurious, they were fine (spacious, clean). The staff was quick to address any concerns I had -- a glitch in the A/C, an unplanned beverage service request -- while maintaining a friendly, positive attitude. The free breakfast and evening cocktail hour were a definite bonus; and parking was not a problem. (It was a bit pricey for Indy, but compared to Chicago, it was a bargain.)

Note: Finding the hotel is somewhat difficult. (If you're driving, you'll need to go up a parking ramp in order to find the hotel entrance.) But it's worth the inconvenience of foregoing street-level frontage to call this hotel "home" during your visit to downtown Indy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bloomington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Terrrific location that is not cheap with nice sized comfortable rooms. The entrance is on the 3rd level with a bottle neck of sorts since you have to then go to level 4 to register. Busy weekend with 12,000 cheerleaders in town for competition at the convention center. The breakfast was great as well as the managers reception in the early evening. The parking is high at $22 per day. Easy access to the mall and convention center via the walkways so weather is not a problem. The heated pool was freezing cold. The lobby area was cold because the doors open to the entrance and cold air just funnels up into the atrium.

Room Tip: There may be rooms with a better view since we had a white brick wall out both windows so you might...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown? Share your experiences!