.I'm not used to places this nice. I usually get all budget-minded and cheap out. However, this room was "awarded" to me as a bonus for taking this trip. AND IT WAS NICE!
I guess my first tip-off that I was not in my usual kind of room was that there were no plastic bags/liners in the trash cans. Then I had to run around the suite counting all the sinks and TVs. By now, my neck was feeling more and more red.
Okay, so very nice suite--you can't even call it a room because it's actually 3 rooms. The living room with wet bar, microwave, and fridge. Also an actual office chair at the computer desk. Yes, that's right. And a big a$$ flat panel TV with 40-sumpin' channels. A sofa bed and an easy chair with a big ol' ottoman.
Only then can you go through the actual door into the bedroom area. What's this--a sink in the granite-like counter top that can be used as a shaving area/make up table/dresser? Shewwwwwwwwwwwww! I ain't never such a thing in a bedroom before. And what's that up there--an even BIGGER flat panel TV that's even more HD than the one in the living room? Oh, and the other amenities like a king size bed, closets and chests, ironing board and iron. And a view of a small portion of Indianapolis. I mean, the view was okay, but there are so many tall buildings in the area that's pretty much all you can see.
And then there's the bathroom. 3rd sink, toilet, and bathtub. Now I guess I can finally get a complaint in here because the bath tub sloped quite a bit and it didn't have the non-slip stuff that is usually found in cheaper hotels. So you'd better be careful.
Oh, and the front door would stick. After sliding your card and turning the handle, you had to put your shoulder into it to get it open. I told the front desk and they said that they would send maintenance. They never came.
It was also nice that it was connected to several eateries and the mall. But then again we found the food everywhere we tried to be totally bland. But that's not the hotel's fault. Perhaps it's because I'm from south Louisiana and am used to lots of flavor and spices.
To sum it up, this place is way nicer than I usually get. And it may just have convinced me that I should pay the extra in the future to get such a nice room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to many Indianapolis attractions. The new Lucas Oil Stadium and Conseco Fieldhouse are both just blocks away from our downtown Indianapolis hotel. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is just 6 miles from the hotel. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale accommodations offer the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary manager's reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Embassy Suites