“For me, this was like schidtting in tall cotton!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast, WiFi, & More!
Ranked #88 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
Lafayette, LA
“For me, this was like schidtting in tall cotton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

.I'm not used to places this nice. I usually get all budget-minded and cheap out. However, this room was "awarded" to me as a bonus for taking this trip. AND IT WAS NICE!

I guess my first tip-off that I was not in my usual kind of room was that there were no plastic bags/liners in the trash cans. Then I had to run around the suite counting all the sinks and TVs. By now, my neck was feeling more and more red.

Okay, so very nice suite--you can't even call it a room because it's actually 3 rooms. The living room with wet bar, microwave, and fridge. Also an actual office chair at the computer desk. Yes, that's right. And a big a$$ flat panel TV with 40-sumpin' channels. A sofa bed and an easy chair with a big ol' ottoman.

Only then can you go through the actual door into the bedroom area. What's this--a sink in the granite-like counter top that can be used as a shaving area/make up table/dresser? Shewwwwwwwwwwwww! I ain't never such a thing in a bedroom before. And what's that up there--an even BIGGER flat panel TV that's even more HD than the one in the living room? Oh, and the other amenities like a king size bed, closets and chests, ironing board and iron. And a view of a small portion of Indianapolis. I mean, the view was okay, but there are so many tall buildings in the area that's pretty much all you can see.

And then there's the bathroom. 3rd sink, toilet, and bathtub. Now I guess I can finally get a complaint in here because the bath tub sloped quite a bit and it didn't have the non-slip stuff that is usually found in cheaper hotels. So you'd better be careful.

Oh, and the front door would stick. After sliding your card and turning the handle, you had to put your shoulder into it to get it open. I told the front desk and they said that they would send maintenance. They never came.

It was also nice that it was connected to several eateries and the mall. But then again we found the food everywhere we tried to be totally bland. But that's not the hotel's fault. Perhaps it's because I'm from south Louisiana and am used to lots of flavor and spices.

To sum it up, this place is way nicer than I usually get. And it may just have convinced me that I should pay the extra in the future to get such a nice room

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

505 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Definitely would recommend another hotel in downtown Indianapolis. The night staff was very rude and not helpful. Not worth what you pay to stay here. The only positive I found to this stay was the breakfast provided in the morning (typical of any Embassy Suites).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you felt in any way unimportant. This is not typical of our hotel and staff. Every guest is very important to us, so I have addressed these issues with our team. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what Embassy Suites is known for: truly award-winning hospitality. Thank you once again for your comments.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Embassy Suites go out of their way to be consistent and therefore predictable. The one variable, although this is itself consistent, is the inverse size of the rooms as you get closer to a major city. Here, however I found the rooms to be significantly larger than I have ever encountered at an Embassy property. Next I found the service to be wonderful. Despite arriving late in the evening from a delayed flight, the staff went out of their way to help me with my room and provided an extra "gift" because I had missed the manager's reception. I couldn't be happier and have already booked my return stay at this property even though it was more expensive than other HIlton properties in the city.

Room Tip: The rooms all seemed great to me.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the Monumental Marathon. What a great location. Right downtown,lots of good restaurants,connected to the downtown mall, and easy in and out from the airport. Very good size room(suite)with the two areas. Clean room, king bed and all the extras you wanted,microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. The staff was very friendly and always asking if you need anything else. The happy hour each day was very nice. The breakfast was outstanding. Even though the hotel was sold out Saturday night, the staff keep replacing the snack for happy hour and did the same Sunday morning for breakfast. This was not just your plan bread and cereal, we a talking full breakfast. Eggs, omelets to order,bacon,sausage, potatoes, pancakes, danish. You name it, they had it. The staff did an unreal job trying to keep replacing the food and cleaning the tables as the people just keep coming.
The pool,jacuzzi and workout room where clean and all worked well. Over all for us, this hotel was a perfect spot for coming to Indianapolis.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel was nice although in an awkward location. The room arrangements were nice for multiple people. The swimming pool was decent. Free breakfast and wifi would have added a great value to the stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned the service have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area and experience the excellent level of hospitality that the Embassy Suites brand is known for.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My three sisters and I met in Indianapolis for our Fall Getaway trip and stayed at the downtown Embassy Suites. The location is excellent - within walking distance of restaurants, museums, canal, sports venues, mall, etc. However, it was very difficult to get into from the street level when we arrived on the airport shuttle. There are several steps leading up along the auto entry but it was very inconvenient with bags, etc. The complimentary breakfast was good, but the rooms were just okay. We usually stay at embassy Suites and customer service was a bit substandard for the price of the room at this location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were in Indianapolis for the AWON(American WWII Orphans Network) 2012 National Conference 18 - 21 Oct. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel offers only suites which suited us just fine. Love the separate sitting/sleeping area. Also, it had a sink and make up area in one corner of our bedroom, or at least that is what I used it for. Everything was very clean and the staff were professional and friendly and always ready and willing to help us. The location of the hotel was perfect and was within walking distance of many sites and great restaurants. Plus...the hotel offers a full breakfast every morning which is included in the room rate. All rooms open to the Atrium which is on the 4th floor.

Room Tip: We were on the 17th floor in a corner room 1715 which had a great view of the street below.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Embassy Suites Indianapolis - Downtown? Share your experiences!