“Nice hotel & decent rates” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #97 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fort Wayne, IN
“Nice hotel & decent rates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

We just stayed here two nights ago (5/29/09) and had no problems like the last reviewer regarding safety issues. The parking lot was well-lit, and I even took a walk around the office complex across the street as it was getting dark, and felt safe doing so. The outdoor pool / deck is nice, but not heated. Breakfast was just fine- standard, extended continental style. Our room was very clean and the bathroom was absolutely spotless- very important to me. Minor cosmetic details could be nicer- wallpaper loosening at one seam (not flapping, just needed seam redone) and at the top of the bathroom mirror the glaze was peeling. Otherwise, room was just what we needed- included coffeemaker, recliner & another chair. Watch for odd phone charges- I didn't use it with our long distance phone card, but the hotel phone label stated that even 800# calls would be subject to a $2.00 fee. Local calls were free up to 20 minutes, then $2.00 fee- ?? Walls are thick enough that noise is not an issue. I plan to stay here again when in Indy overnight.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

While staying at this hotel recently, my car was broken into, along with several other vehicles. The driver's side window was shattered and the criminal took a GPS mount that was on my dash. My GPS was in my room, but the other guest's were taken. The front desk clerk called the cops. Upon questioning, she told me that no video surveillance or security was available outside. Also, when I asked for a vaccuum for help with removing glass from my car, she paged a man that gave me a little broom and a dustpan. At this time, it began to rain and snow. No further help was offered. When I asked for help finding a glass service, I was told there was a phone book in my room! The service and security at this hotel are way below average. If you choose to stay here, make sure you hide anything valuable or even related to a GPS. I know I wish I would have known about the "common" activity. I would have picked another town to stay in."

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

Stayed at this hotel 4/16-4/17/09. I was plesantly surprised. This hotel sits in the middle of a lot of hotels, restaurant (cheap & expensive), close to an array of shopping areas, close to expressways, and a main strip (Michigan Rd). While they were laying carpet in the main lobby, there was hardly any inconvenience. Room was clean and not smelly, beds comfortable, bathroom was clean, parking easy, service was good, breakfast was just ok (I had a weak waffle, pastries, fruit, coffee). I paid $55.68 (includes tax) for one night--I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!! If you want a cheap, clean place to stay for a short period of time--stay here!!!!!!! I will be a return guest.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

Used as a stop over for one night. Easy access to bypass around Indianpolis. Clean, comfortable, could actually open the windows and get fresh air. No complaints.

• Stayed March 2009
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

I was in Indianapolis for festivus weekend at my niece's, and decided to give the Comfort Inn a try, based on tripadvisor reviews and a great online rate. It was a good decision; the rooms are clean, the clientele was pretty considerate (seemed to be mostly couples and families), and the front desk staff was polite and efficient. I had a room facing the parking lot, which was a little noisy when the window was open, but with the window closed very little sound penetrated into the room. The bathroom was very clean, the amenities smelled nice without being too perfumey, and the water pressure was quite good. The coffee downstairs was decent, the free breakfast was pretty carb-heavy, but did offer fruit and yogurt so you didn't have to eat the waffles or donuts or bagels unless you wanted to. The entire second floor is for nonsmokers; if you have a very sensitive nose, you can tell that someone elsewhere in the hotel had smoked at some point in time, but the whiff I caught was so faint and momentary that it was almost instantly forgotten, and was certainly nothing that would bother even the highly allergic.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Clean, pleasant, well-priced
  • Disliked — No complaints about the accomodations
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

After reading previous reviews, i knew this hotel was the best choice. It was close to my destination, my friend's wedding/reception and the highway. The staff, especially the cleaning staff, went out of their way to accomodate my needs even though my time in the room wasn't long. I was provided with extra towels without asking for them and when I noticed an error on my bill at checkout, it was immediately resolved without any excuses. I forgot my directions to the church and when I asked at the front desk, she quickly printed some more from mapquest.
Great customer services!!!!!!

• Liked — the large bed
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Topeka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

My son, mother-in-law, and I stayed 5 nights. The hotel was very reasonably priced (especially with it not being a race weekend). Overall I was impressed by the staff and their helpfulness. Additionally, I found the building to be in great shape, considering it was a little older. Our room was clean, as well as the pool area, and breakfast area were well taken care of and stocked.

It's in a great part of town with lots to do. There's a Ruby Tuesday, Texas Roadhouse, Famous Dave's, Denny's, Cracker Barrel all within walking distance or so. Just east on 465 there are some shopping centers/malls (or just go east down 86th Street) or go either way on Michigan Road and you'll find a Walmart and Super Target. We were extremely glad we stayed in this area and this hotel specifically. We were able to still enjoy some of what Indianapolis offered downtown (by just going west and south on 465 to 65 south to the Children's Museum and Indianapolis Zoo). The zoo is GREAT by the way, as well as the Children's Museum. I'd fully expected that, however (with all the reviews I'd read previously).

• Liked — Great service overall. It seems like they thought of everything.
  • Disliked — I thought the lack of fitness room was unfortunate but the Gold's Gym pass was way better than any hotel fitness room could ever offer.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyramids? Share your experiences!