“SIMPLE BUT WHAT WE WANTED” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Skyview Inn

You added Skyview Inn to your Saves list
Skyview Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8275 Craig Street, Indianapolis, IN 46250 (Formerly Days Inn) (Castleton)   |
Ranked #127 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

First off, I want to point out that my room was only $50/night. So when I write a review, I try to keep in mind that the expectations for a budget chain are vastly different then a higher priced property. So with that in mind...here we go.

When I checked in, I was told that there were no more single bed rooms available, and that I would be upgraded to a suite. No problem with that.

The furniture is old, and the TV's were analog. Again, I'm only paying $50/night. The bed was comfortable, lots of hot water to shower, and my room was clean and in good repair.

Housekeeping was a bit slow to make up my room (I stayed for 2 nights). I came back from a marathon around 3 p.m. and my room wasn't made up yet. I put the "do not disturb" sign on the doorknob - showered and then napped. When I woke up for dinner, I saw that housekeeping was still making up rooms, so I took the "do not disturb" sign off the door and went for dinner. When I came back, my room was ready.

Continental Breakfast was pastries, bagels, and fruit. I took my fresh fruit and hit the road.

Service was excellent - very friendly staff.

OK - so this dated property isn't the Palmer House Hilton; but I had a clean room, and a comfortable bed. For the price; I would stay there again.

Room Tip: See if they will upgrade you to a suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The wall paper was coming off of the wall, couch was torn, the night stand had cigarette burns on it. This was not only my room but three of my colleagues. very poor standards to say the least

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was without a doubt the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. Room 230 of the Days Inn in Craig street is so bad I took pictures of it to show my co-workers. We travel quite a bit and so I knew they never would believe my description. The wall paper was hanging off the wall and onto the bed. The sleeper sofa in the room looked like a large dog had chewed on it. It would not close all the way either and I was afraid to open it to see what was lodged inside. The curtains were hanging off the rod. (I fixed those so I could get some sleep.) There was an elecrictical outlet that was very unsafe and a slimline ohne, base only, hanging on the wall. Why a phone with no handet?.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Skyview Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Skyview Inn

Address: 8275 Craig Street, Indianapolis, IN 46250 (Formerly Days Inn)
Location: United States > Indiana > Indianapolis > Castleton
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #127 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Hotel Class:2 star — Skyview Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Skyview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Indianapolis Days Inn And Suites Castleton
Indianapolis Days Inn & Suites Castleton Hotel Indianapolis
Days Inn Indianapolis

If you own or manage Skyview Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.