“Garbage... Hotel Hell.....A Must Read” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   401 East Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Ranked #67 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Garbage... Hotel Hell.....A Must Read”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Let me first start off by saying I am not a picky guy.. Don't care if the hotel is a 5 star... Don't care for too much in the room.. I'm a pretty simple guy when it comes to hotel stay... I do quite a bit of traveling and have seen some pretty sketch hotels in my day...
So I guess the price was right.. Roughly 120 a night... Beggars can't be choosers.. any other hotel in the area was nearly twice that price.. I should have paid maybe I would have slept....
Ok so here we go... I'll be brief... So much dust in the room I developed a nasty cough... When I sent an email off and then spoke to one of the managers he implied that I was lying... Said they didn't find dust... Luckily I took pictures of the layers of dust all over everything.. Disgusting..
It was November and even with the heat OFF in the room it was unbearable... It was so hot we needed to open the window
for it to be tolerable... No joke it was bad... No sleep maybe 3-4 hrs at most..At least the manger admitted that the room was hot... Blamed it on renovations..??? Ok....
The carpets that were "just cleaned" in the hallways , stairs and rooms were filthy... I felt dirty walking on it with my shoes on.. Yakkk.. My family business is carpet... I know it by the back of my hand and here this guy is telling me they are clean.. Ray Charles could have seen they were dirty...
We had booked for 4 nights and head back home after 2... The entire time I didn't complain... And thought when I got back home that it wasn't right... And I was going to send off an email.. So that's what I did.. First time ever in my travels of over 20 years ... No word of a lie... I got a response from the manger asking me to call ... So I did.. This is when he said that there was no dust but agreed the room was hot.. I advised when going to the dr upon my arrival back home she advised that my cough was surely from the dust and bacteria in the room and hotel... The manager responded that he would give me a free night and credit the credit card...
No concern for my health..I didn't ask for compensation.. I wanted him to own that the hotel was disgusting..finally I said hey I deserve something... He agreed that "head office " would send out a gift card for 4 nights stay at La Quinta... I said ok I will give you guys another chance and not post any bad feedback on social media ... I am a fair guy... We are now the end of Feb and I still have not received what I was promised... I emailed head office and surprise!!!! NOTHING... No email back.... So I said Screw it.. It's now time to expose this hotel for what it was.... TRASH,GARBAGE,HOTEL HELL!!!!!
I highly recommend no one stay here , even if the price is right...
Rest assure this will be all over Facebook, Twitter, and any other avenue of social media I can find to post it on..
Oh and I only gave it one "circle" rating because it would not let me continue had I not.. This hotel is a 0/5

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Northampton, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel that is strategic to downtown Indianapolis, convenient to off and on ramp for expressway and a joy to stay at, this is the hotel for you. Within walking distance to downtown and major attractions. Major league sports venues within six blocks include NFL, NBA and minor league MLB. this is a great place for business or pleasure. Major downtown shopping mall and several dozen restaurants for the wife or significant other. Enjoy

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Indianapolis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is one of the cheaper ones in the downtown area. It is only a few blocks from Bankers Life Fieldhouse - where we were for the weekend. It is an older property - but the management does a nice job of keeping it up. It is clean and is an excellent value in the downtown area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

McBain, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

staff was great, breakfast was good, rooms nice neat clean. staff was friendly and helpful! easy access great parking, will be staying again in feb 2015! have been here a few times and they are making improvements and doing a great job! highly recommend!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
NASHVILLE, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

used points for reservation, had to cancel and still got charged points. i made sure to call hotel before 3pm so they would have ample time. the staff member was completely unprofessional and made it clear he didnt care for my business.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

East Liverpool, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

we booked this hotel because of the lacation to the convention center and the other ammenities they offered. free parking down town is a good thing to fine. the free contontial breakfest was good, better than most i've had. room was clean and ready, staff was polite and very helpfull when aked for anything.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Universal, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is located downtown so it's a good place to stay if you plan to walk around much. Cheapest price you are likely to find and it is in pretty good shape, friendly staff and clean rooms. The parking is free or included with your room however you want to look at it, parking is in the middle of hotel so if your room is on the interior you will look out at parking lot.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!