“Don't stay at La Quinta Downtown Indianapolis.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   401 East Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Ranked #64 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Don't stay at La Quinta Downtown Indianapolis.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

BEWARE!!! What a "Thanksgiving" rip off!!! Once we received our credit card statement there was a $250 charge for "cleaning vomit". According to the manager, it was "all over" but they have no pictures, nothing to prove it. It's the first time in my life we had an experience like this (and we have traveled a lot!). We stayed a week there... do you think that is reasonable to think that the morning we left we "vomited all over"?. The staff is as mean as the crumbling structure of this hotel.

Rooms are in the small side. The building has been updated to keep the business running but the structure of the hotel is old. Some of the updates are falling and showing these problems. Our room had a funny smell. The toilet leaked and did not stop running. The breakfast area was quite small for the crowd. I definitively don't recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a decent room in this hotel. In the third floor humidity was an issue. You can see...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
north east, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Have stayed here 4 yrs in a row, experience has improved each year with cleaner rooms, fixed fixtures. By fixed fixtures I mean....repaired... Carpets are clean. Hotel has gone from a 3 to an 8 in rating for me.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My brother and I were looking at hotels for the weeeknd of the Patriots-Colts game in November. La Quinta didn't seem to be that much cheaper than the other downtown hotels and seemed a little off the beaten path, so we almost passed on it. Then we realized where the value was: 1) Free parking, which NO other downtown Indy hotel has. 2) Free breakfast, and 3) Free Wi-FI. Those extras alone probably save you in the neighborhood of $50 a night at a minimum. Also, I will 100% disagree with anyone that says this hotel is "not downtown" or is in a bad area. You literally walk out the door and you can SEE the heart of downtown, a mere 3 blocks away. We also walked to Lucas Oil Stadium, as well as bars and restaurants on Massachusetts Ave. Neither walk was more than 15-20 minutes.

Now, for the hotel itself: Our room was very nice with 2 queen beds. It was also equipped with a nice sized fridge, a microwave and coffee maker. The shower was good and it had the sink outside the shower so someone could shower or go to the bathroom while the other person uses the sink. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. As for the staff, they were definitely friendly and helpful, and were able to give us a suggestion for a local pizza place(Marco's) which was delicious and delivered right to our door.

2 minor complaints: The walls seemed kind of thin, as I clearly heard another conversation from inside my room, thus causing me to worry a bit when my brother and I were being a little loud late at night. And second, one of the lights was on a timer, and when it turned off you had to go back to the switch at the door to turn it back on. So that was annoying. Aside from those two things, we had a great stay and will absolutely be returning the next time we're in Indy.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is a great value for the Big Ten Championship weekend. Hotel is walking distance to the game, bar and restaurants. Plus hotel has enough free parking for all guest. Free breakfast and nice work out center.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For the price and closeness to Banker's Life field house for the Fleetwood Mac concert, this was perfect. A short walk back to the hotel after the concert. For any downtown restaurant, we went to Weber's Grill, the $5 limo/taxi ride the hotel has is just right. A little too far to walk and the in house taxi fee is very reasonable.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked 4 rooms for two nights at this hotel for business purposes for myself and my colleagues. After returning to the hotel after the first night, the room key for one of the women in our group would not work. After getting a new key from the front desk (without being asked for identification) she returned to find her items had been removed and the room contained the belongings of another guest.
The hotel management removed her personal items from the room and left them on a counter in the front lobby because they mistakenly thought it was a one night reservation. Even after producing the original paperwork for a two night reservation, they refused to accept it and made me sign for a new 1 night reservation at an extremely over-inflated rate.
1 - They took it upon themselves to remove personal items of a guest from a room
2 - They hand out keys without checking identification (after 10 pm)
3 - They overcharged for the second night. In my opinion, an illegal scam.

This is a dangerous hotel, stay at your own risk!!!

Room Tip: It is a stretch to call this a downtown hotel. it's not in a great location, about a 1/2 mile fr...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
O'Fallon, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Indianapolis has a lot going on downtown. Some weekends are very busy and hotels jack their prices. Nevertheless, I found this hotel on the tripadvisor site and found my way to their website. I was able to book a room for the weekend at less than half of the price the other downtown hotels were charging. I made a mistake when I booked the room and between their professional staff of the La Quinta chain's phone number and the excellent and courteous staff at the hotel, was able to correct my mistake and book the room. When I entered the parking garage which is a courtyard surrounded by the hotel, I was greeted by a friendly young gentleman who showed me where to park to temporarily for check-in and then where to park permanently. The hotel staff were all friendly and professional and the room was great. The room had all amenities (refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, etc.). The hotel is older and the elevator is small but the place is well-kept, clean and made for a great stay. It is walking distance from all downtown attractions.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!