“Stay away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jameson Inn Airport

Save Saved
You added Jameson Inn Airport to your Saves list
Jameson Inn Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5860 Fortune Circle West, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Days Inn Indianapolis Airport)   |
Ranked #155 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
“Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is horrible, and I believe it is now closed. The overwhelming scent of incense upon arrival and the dingy, dark lobby is not welcoming at all. When I arrived, the owner was in a verbal argument with the front desk clerk.

The hotel is very rundown and the elevator was not working. This place needs a major overhaul.

• Stayed November 2013

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Monticello,IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

No call or anything. No water, driveway wasn't plowed or anything. We went in to get our room and said we had a park and stay that night and the lady at desk just said your not staying here. We went to Holiday Inn Express. More money but they really took care of us. Highly recommended.
Would ever stay here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have stayed here every week for 4 days for 5 months so with that said I feel I no this place they have a lot of issues ,the internet is always down ! the tubs wont drain ,they have mice problem they never clean the room's but once a week yet I pay a nightly rate ? my room should be cleaned everyday. they pool is green enough to fish in .what bothers me most is the owner fights with his employee's in front of the customers at least 4 times a week it's un believable some of the thing's that I have over heard over the months I don't see how these people work here .the staff is very nice the only reason I have stayed is they had no business and offered me a good rate. Which has changed from week to week well today it went up 35.00 time to move on I would not recommend this place to a bum in the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Due to an error, the hotel we thought we had booked for the Big10 football championships was not available. The Jameson had a room available and after reading the reviews, I was pretty dubious about staying. If one is looking for amenities, this won't be the place. However, if one needs a clean place to stay for the night, I found this to be acceptable and reasonably priced. Despite us checking in very late and at a busy time (immediately after the football game), the desk staff were efficient and pleasant. Our room was hot when we checked in, but cooled off quickly and the heating/AC system actually worked. The hotel was quiet and one can hear road noise, which is true with any hotel on a highway...it did not impact our sleep. Bed was a bit soft when we first got in, however we both slept really well. The free breakfast was skimpy and we chose not to eat there, but if you want bagels and cold cereal, it will work for you. Although the numerical rating turned out to be "poor"...I think both my husband and I found this to be an acceptable "2 star" hotel. It is definitely not anywhere near the worst place we have ever stayed and we would stay here again. The one down side was how icy the parking lot was...it had snowed a few days ago and the lot clearly had not been plowed and was a sheet of ice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My 15 year old son and I were on an extended stay vacation in Indianapolis, Indiana recently and we happened to stop at a rest stop that had the Travel/Hotel Magazine that offers discount coupons for hotels. At first I thought about another time that we were sorry that we used one of the coupons but decided to try anyway as money could become a real issue on our stay. After making a call to the hotel and speaking to the desk clerk Robin, I felt comfortable enough to give it a try. It is not very often, it seems like anymore, that you get a fair deal or that something is as good as someone says, but aside from the age of the hotel, we found the room to be just as she said- "Clean, comfortable AND a really good price". They provided a good breakfast in the morning and took care of any requests that we made. I would recommend the hotel to anyone, family and friends. It is hard to find a good deal without sacrificing something big in today's world. Thanks to Robin, Erica and Theresa and all the folks at the Jameson Inn in Indianapolis.

Room Tip: Make sure and get a room with refrig & microwave, it helps to lower overall costs
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

even with the colts vs broncos they still had rooms at reasonable rates.this is clean motel/hotel close to waffle house & speedway...every thing was in working order,clean TOO hot showers.easy acces from the 465.the hotel looks like it is being refurbished but i got the good room.like all rooms housekeeping needs to look behind and underneath.i was extremly pleased with this hotel.quick taxi less than 10 minutes wait

Room Tip: all rooms are in a park setting and you are near trucking companies and jet airport IND.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My reservation was made by a tour company and I had only looked at some reviews the day before our group arrived...I can only say that after staying overnight, I was pleasantly surprised by how nice my stay was from the immediate pleasantness of the hotel staff to the cleanliness of the room. After traveling all day, the room I was given had two queen beds in it, which was very nice. I always check the bathroom out straightaway, and this one was very clean. The room smelled fresh, and I enjoyed a wonderful night's sleep. This morning, I enjoyed the breakfast served, nothing fancy, but plenty for me. The clean and friendly nature of this hotel was above average to me...it was very good...something you don't always get in hotels that charge considerably more.

Room Tip: Queen beds in the doubles a nice plus...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Jameson Inn Airport? Share your experiences!