“DON'T GO HERE” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #551 of 2,029 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
“DON'T GO HERE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Worst experience ever at an el rodeo! 2 friends and I love to go to a Mexican restaurant after work at times to have a beer queso and chips. I ordered a large queso, that was $6.99 by the way, but it did not come with chips bc they had already had 2 baskets complimentary with salsa prior to ordering the queso. They wanted us to pay for the chips because we hadn't ordered a meal. It was absolutely ridiculous. The manger was very rude and confrontational. He said do you get chips at Walmart when you buy queso. This el rodeo has a Very unprofessional staff including manager. Our total bill was $46 for 3 people. If that isn't enough to provide chips with their queso I don't know what would! Don't go here!!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great food, nice family atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We met friends for dinner and we had a total of 5 kids, 3-10 yrs of age. Our server was fantastic and easy going despite our "busy" table. I liked the beautiful artwork and light ambiance.

My husband's enchilada suiza was amazing! There was a layer of spicy pork across the top of the green sauce. I ordered the pollo a la diabla and it too was fabulous. Very spicy and tasteful. Huge portion.

Lots of menu choices for kids.

No beer on tap. Chips and salsa were nothing special but the baskets were replenished every time we emptied them.

Service was fast.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“This is actually for El Rodeo on W. 86th St...Trip Advisor doesn't have so many rest. It gets a POOR in my grades!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very average food and small portion. Only HOT sauce for cold stale chips. If you ask for mild sauce they bring warm sauce that tastes like italian ragu. Service was average at best. NO smiles from anyone working there. No one asked how my food was. I am still looking for a really GOOD Mexican restaurant on the Northside or downtown Indy. This is NOT it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Great Mexican Food in Indianapolis!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stopped by this favorite after Catherne's dance recital last night. Enjoyed my usual Camarones a la Diablo! Hot and tasty as usual! Lorenza had pork Burrito Roquetas and Bart had Enchiladas Super Rancheras and we too took Steak and Shrimp Especialidades home for Oanh! All our go-to Favorites. Catherine had a cheese Quesadilla! Bart and I "shared" the Special 62 oz Pitcher of Lime Margarita! Glad we were close to home!

It was a busy Friday night but we got booth for four right away.

Whenever we are in Indianapolis we make sure we stop by this Favorite. Reminds us of our home in San Diego and it is very close to our son's home!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, Indiana
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Food was good, however my drink was horrible. Serivce was slow when we were there, but the manager was working his butt off and he said people didn't show up to work.

Visited July 2012