“Once again, the best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
40 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)
+1 317-423-8790
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,080 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Illinois
Description: You are cordially invited to join us to experience relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located adjacent to The Conrad Hotel.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Once again, the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Time and time again, the staff and the food at the Capital Grille are the best. I wouldn't think about dining elsewhere. Happy New Year to all, those I see and those in the kitchen. Best wishes for continued success.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mooresville, NC
“Nice dinner after the game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had dinner here this evening. We made reservations online. We were promptly greeted upon our arrival and our coats/bags were checked for us. The decor was typical for a Capital Grille, enriched with dark mahogany and classic art. Our servers were prompt and the food was outstanding. We had warm bread and butter before our appetizer, Wagyu Beef Carpaccio. The Wagyu Beef Carpaccio wasn't the best I've ever had but it was good. For my entree, I had the steak and poached lobster. My steak was properly prepared and the lobster was excellent. We enjoyed the Sam's Potatoes as a side item. The side items are a la carte. My fiancee had the salmon. The salmon entree he ordered is usually prepared medium rare but he choose to have his cooked to medium. He said it was excellent. Our friend also had the steak but he didn't seem to enjoy his as much, although he could have been lacking an appetite. We had creme brulee for dessert. It was outstanding, as well, very creamy and decadent.

Visited December 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place is terrific. The food is unreal, and the service (usually) matches. I've eaten here about 5x and 4x the service was the among best I've ever had--two waiters per table, etc. Once I had a really lousy waitress, but I don't believe she works there anymore. Get the steaks!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“So not what I expected from them”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've eaten at Capital Grills before for dinner and swooned - swooned I tell you - over the steaks and have had excellent service...until this visit! Mind you, we did go there for breakfast as we were staying at the Conrad Hilton and I wished we had gone across the street to somewhere else!

Why? Well first we asked to sit further away from the door as it was VERY windy that day and we were told by the hostess that they didn't have any issues from the wind/weather in there. Ok..no biggie. I ordered egg beaters, Canadian bacon, and potatoes and toast while hubs had a pepper steak hash thing with tea.

Normally at most higher end places when you ask for hot tea they bring out the tea box and you sit there and ponder which one to take. Not here. Hubs got whatever it was they brought out tea - no choices. My egg beaters were white (not the usual fake yellow color) but my plate was pretty good and hubs did like the pepper steak (and it was peppery so be warned if you don't like things spicy).

They are marked down because A. didn't offer a choice of tea B. Brought out my toast dry without anything to put on it (had to flag down the server to get some butter and jam) C. Had to flag down same server to get refills on our tea and coffee D. Hubs meal was floating on a bed of greasy watery liquid. Hash and filet should not be that wet! E. Did I mention the server was not very attentive?

Not the level of service I've received at other Capital Grills. Will not be going here again for breakfast and I would hope they do much better for dinner.

Visited December 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
“Best Birthday dinner ever....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I can not say enough about how great my Birthday dinner was at Capital Grille. We had reservations and were seated promptly. We had an amazing server, Harry Walker. He addressed me and my boyfriend by name all night. He treated us like we were old friends. We started our evening with the Lobster Bisque and a basket of three different types of bread. Yummo! My entree was the Filet Oscar. I have had this dish at many places but this was by far the best!! The crab meat and the steak - just melted in your mouth. We shared Au Gratin Potatoes - they were so good I could have had this as my dinner! Since it was my birthday we received a free Creme Brulee and two flutes of Champagne. It was very pricey but worth every penny. I was treated like a queen....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere