“Great people - suited us to a Tee” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

You added Clarion Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2930 Waterfront Parkway, West Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46214   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #112 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Great people - suited us to a Tee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

As a group of 4 friends on a budget we stayed 1 night on the way to Ohio and 2 nights on the way back to Oshkosh. If it helps, 3 of us are retired and we were on an Aviation/Museum themed holiday.

The staff were exemplary in their professionalism and friendliness.

The hotel is undergoing substantial refurbishment but that didn't affect us at all. The rooms we had were fine, well on a par with anything else we found during our 3 week stay in the USA.
I see some reviewers mention the smell of chlorine but I'd say that seems common in the motels/hotels we used and certainly didn't notice any other "smells".

Breakfast was a cut above most of the places we stayed and catered well to our "UK" appetites.

It is placed close to the Speedway and there are a godd selection of eateries a short drive away; the in-house restaurant mentioned in a guide was closed while we were there.

I'd recommend it to anyone,

Phil

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
dperino, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so very much for haven taken the time to write about our Hotel. You have no idea how much it is appreciated and we are so glad you stayed with us. We very much enjoyed having you and hope perhaps you will come see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Churchville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The price was good, but there are a few issues with bad smells and cleanliness. There is an indoor pool, so be prepared to smell a lot of chlorine when you are in the building. The hallway from the inner part of the hotel to the lobby smelled of something worse, maybe urine? I mentioned the urine smell to the front desk and they seemed surprised, but I can't imagine that they don't realize this (unless they have become used to it).

We stayed 2 days and our room was not made up the second day. We got back tired at about 6pm from a day site-seeing and found it exactly as we had left it at 9am. The front desk said they would send someone around, but who wants to wait around and have housekeeping in their room when all you want to do is relax and take a shower? They gave us towels and we just accepted this. I should mention that there did not appear to be more than a handful of other guests when we stayed there, yet they put us on the second floor (and there were plenty of empty rooms on the first floor) and couldn't clean our room.

I used the hot tub which was a little creepy since there were some flying insects and a clump of hair floating around; I assumed the chlorine would kill off anything infectious!

I had really hoped for more, but the price was reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay. Please be assured that we take your comments very seriously and work to correct anything that may negatively influence your stay with us. The hallway carpets are almost brand new, but I had them all cleaned a couple of days ago in hopes that the odor is banished forever. Unfortunately not much I can do about the pool but hope that you will stay with us again. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am part of a group of 5 teachers who meet yearly in Indy with our children. We switched our usual hotel to the Clarion because it was less expensive. Now we will always book at this hotel. They were able to give us 5 rooms in a row pool side. The rooms were clean and two sets of them were adjoining. This was great because the kids could be in one room and the adults could hang out in the other room. The breakfast was free and yummy. Craig who worked at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The rest of the staff (sorry I don't remember anyone else's name) were also friendly and helpful.The hotel is very conveniently located. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Indy!! Make certain you use your AAA card for a great discount!!.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms poolside are great if you have kids!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate so very much the time you took to comment our Hotel and excited to know that you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in the future.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Based on the reviews, I didn't know what to expect, but it had everything going for it for this type of hotel and price. We had a couple of adjoining rooms for a race at the speedway, which was conveniently within a couple miles of the hotel (probably the best reason for this location), and it was nice to be able to spread out among family. A 9-yr-old in our party had a great time swimming, and the surrounding area with skylights was nice for reading. Breakfast (included) was serviceably decent for the room price -- not "just" unthawed pastries and toast (which were present) but also waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, cereal, and oatmeal. Shuttle was easy for airport, although it doesn't run all the time, so be sure to check -- when it does, it's cheaper than a taxi. The location is farther from downtown, unfortunately, but is otherwise only lacking in terms of walkability to restaurants or other services, but the surrounding lakefront condo development streets are quiet, safe, and great for a jog or walk. Farther afield, about 6 miles up the road, is Eagle Creek park with a great trail system. If this location meets your needs, then, go for it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We love the fact that we were able to surprise you and offer a good product at a good price and truly hope to see you as our guest again. Thank you so much for choosing the Clarion Hotel.
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

W O W is not a powerful enough word to describe my stay at this wonderful hotel...The accommodations, cleanliness, friendliness and assistance of the personnel was second to none...Vicki, one of the Manager's, was most helpful and returned my calls in a timely manner regarding questions I had about my stay...The breakfast provided was tasty and incredible...The employees that handled the breakfast were so helpful, friendly and attentive...The front desk workers were a joy to deal with...It's located in a beautiful area and if you are a race team or individual looking for a place to stay...This is it...So close to Lucas Oil Raceway you could walk there...The enclosed domed swimming pool and hot tub area...Double W O W...It rivals any motel I have visited...Frankly, I never considered staying there because I believed it would be to expensive...Wrong answer...More than fair and affordable...I have recommended it to many and now consider it my hotel of choice and will book it each time I'm in Indy regardless of business or pleasure...The best value for your time and money without question.............

Room Tip: Pool side is neat..................
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
dperino, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so very much for your rave review. We have shared your feedback with all our departments and excited to see you again soon!
Hanover Park, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Average hotel. You get what you pay for, so we were okay with the minimal housekeeping service, lousy "breakfast," and limited bar. But when our group reserved a block of rooms, it would have been nice if the management had mentioned that the convention being held at the same time was an S&M event. Our group included children, who now couldn't use the pool, or even walk though the lobby. Totally unacceptable!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
dperino, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your last visit in Indianapolis. We appreciate you as our guest and truly hope that you will consider staying with us, even though we had some shortcomings. Please give me a call at 317-299-8400 x421 so I may help you with future accommodations and to keep the lines of communication open.
Columbus, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel appears to be in transition...from a Holiday Inn to a Clarion Hotel...updates are obviously needed...hotel was reasonably priced especially with our AAA discount. We stayed at this hotel as a preview to our conference/convention next year...room was clean and appeared to have a few updates...new carpet...etc. We understand new flat screen TV's will be installed in each room as they are updated. Everything worked in the room - including the refrigerator and microwave oven - which are very helpful when staying away from home. Only one elevator for this large hotel, which we found to be very strange. Free breakfast was good - we had choice of cold cereal; Danish; bagels; toast; eggs and sausage; yogurt; milk; coffee, juice. We noticed lots of people made bagel sandwiches with the egg patties and sausage links!

Room Tip: We chose a "lakeview" room and were given a room on the 3rd floor at the end of the hall...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your honest feedback. Responses like yours show us our strengths and weaknesses, as well as the areas we still need improvement. As indicated our flat screen TV's were delivered this week and slowly but surely we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with our major renovations. We look forward to seeing you again to show off our *new look*. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!