“The Innkeeper is delightful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Looking Glass Inn

Save Saved
You added Looking Glass Inn to your Saves list
Looking Glass Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1319 N. New Jersey St., Indianapolis, IN 46202   |
Ranked #5 of 21 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri
“The Innkeeper is delightful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Kathy, the innkeeper, was a wonderful hostess. We really enjoyed talking to her. We stayed in the Hideaway room, which is huge! After thanksgiving dinner with the family, we had the entire family up to our room for the evening and it accommodated 20 of us easily. With a kitchen right in the room to heat up leftovers and a table to play games on and TV for the football fans, it was perfect. Our only problem was the shower, as the old tub was difficult to get in and out of and the shower head sprayed in a wide circle with no water in the middle so it was hard to rinse shampoo out of your hair. Be sure to take your own conditioner, if you use any, because the inn does not provide it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ligonier
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our stay at the Looking Glass Inn was completely pleasant. We were greeted quickly, shown around the house, and taken to our room. We were told were the snacks were located, how to enter and exit, where to park, etc. Our room was beautiful, and roomy. We had everything we needed. Breakfast was delicious, and the dining room was gorgeous. My daughter and I had a great visit, and would stay again!

Room Tip: We had the Willow room. It is bright and cheerful. It has a full size bed, so larger folks or people...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We found this gem when we were coming to Indianapolis for an event at the Lucas Oil Stadium. Such a wonderful alternative to a hotel room! I would always recommend booking directly with any bed & breakfast and not booking thru a booking website (i.e., Expedia). All of the contact I had with the manager of this bed & breakfast was warm and inviting and I was looking forward to staying there before I even got to Indianapolis. It was in a wonderful neighborhood and close and convenient to anything you would want to do in Indianapolis. Beautiful house and beautiful rooms. The snack area and refrigerator stocked with soda and water was a very nice touch when we needed a little snack before going to bed. We have stayed at bed & breakfasts alot so just a word of advice -- make sure your plans are firm when you book any B&B. These are small business owners and if you cancel at the last minute, you are taking money out of their pockets because they might have been able to rent the room to someone else. So most do charge a full night's rent up front and/or have a very strict cancellation policy with cancellation charges.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I visited Indianapolis for a 2 day business workshop and stayed at Looking glass Inn for one night. I needed something close to Meridian street location and this inn was 1.5 miles from Childrens museum. I made my reservation through expedia and was informed this was a non-refundable reservation. Within a few mins of my reservation I received a call from someone at the Inn to confirm my arrival time. It was a little difficult to locate the place since it is in a residential area with similar looking houses. They have 4 parking spaces behind the house and after checking in I moved my car to the parking area. Host was very nice, my room was on the second level. This is a historical B&B, the floors creak but the rooms are nicely appointed, bed was very comfortable and small TV provided entertainment. They have a bunch of DVD's but I did not see a dvd player in the room. They have a 24 hr pantry stocked with soda and popcorn etc. Breakfast was good with boiled eggs, toast, bagels, orange juice, coffee etc. The only negative was the low pressure in the shower. I would certainly stay again if I had to stay beyond a day trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Goshen, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My four sisters and I very much enjoyed our two nights at this inn. It was spacious, clean, quiet, comfortable, attractive, and within walking distance of many restaurants and activities. Continental breakfast was quite good, but not spectacular.

Room Tip: The hideaway suite is much larger than it appears online.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked a room through Expedia,arrived and thought all was well.

When we got up the next morning to check out a gentleman who worked there(Lou ?) informed us that they didn't work with Expedia, had no confirmation of our payment and would not allow us to check out...so they got JEANINE on the phone who informed us that we needed to call Expedia to get this straightened out...really ? I thought we were the paying customer yet they were not only treating us like garbage but refused to be of any assistance. They would not even c all Expedia as the merchant to confirm payment
We called Expedia -we called the credit card company--both who were more helpful and polite than The Looking Glass Inn - and got the bill straight
Now to add to the HORRIBLe treatment by LOOKING GLASS they were not even happy to make coffee....
We will never go back and would not recommend any of their 3 B&B - they have this, the spa at the Villa and another place behind this that we didn't get the name of....

Suggestion: spend your money elsewhere

Room Tip: Horrible service
Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Looking Glass Inn? Share your experiences!