“Lovely & convenient location with all you need” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boone Docks on the River Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indianapolis
Boone Docks on the River Bed and Breakfast
You added Boone Docks on the River Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
7159 Edgewater Place, Indianapolis, IN 46240   |
Ranked #7 of 21 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
“Lovely & convenient location with all you need”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in June. The location was perfect since my High School Reunion was at The Willows, just a few blocks away. Lynne was a perfect hostess. We thoroughly enjoyed our conversations over breakfast. The room has a separate entrance from their house. Included with the room is a refrigerator, wifi, breakfast, hair dryer, plus. The bedroom is beautifully decorated. Lynne & Mike have thought of everything as the B&B is well supplied with anything you might need including a hand mirror. The bathroom is a nice size with a walk-in shower, big soft towels, lotions, etc. Lots of reading material & information about the local area is available in the room. The back yard extends to the White River which runs through Indianapolis. The yard & flowers are well maintained making it a lovely place to relax & watch the river & wildlife. Breakfast was served in the screened in patio to the accompaniment of many birds chirping in the very tall, old trees in the backyard. It was very pleasant & relaxing. Breakfast was very tasty, with outstanding French Toast one morning & an omelet another morning. Both were accompanied by fresh fruit, meat, etc. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, away from the hustle & bustle of the hotel areas, yet just a couple of miles north of Broad Ripple, with lovely shops & restaurants.

Stayed June 2014

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Hostess was hospitable and had lots of suggestions for where to go in Indianapolis. Breakfast was tasty, and bed was comfortable. Rates for my husband and I were like $85 a night plus tax. What more could you want from a B & B?

• Stayed June 2013
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were in town for a high school graduation (downtown) and wanted a place to stay close enough to be convenient, but far enough away to be "not downtown". This one-guestroom B&B was everything we wanted and more. We have visited Indianapolis in the past, but this stay gave us a totally different and delightful perspective.

A ground floor entryway leads to a large, tastefully decorated room with a fridge, comfortable bed and all the little things necessary for a wonderful visit. A delicious hot breakfast was served on the deck looking out over a manicured lawn and the river.

Our plans were to spend a nice June day sightseeing, hiking or something similar, but we wandered into the back yard, fell into a pair of Adirondack chairs in the shade next to the river, discovered that we had wi-fi and an electric outlet, and ended up spending the entire day in one spot relaxing and catching up on correspondence, work, etc. Next time we might try a little harder to wander the area, because the location was great for outdoor activities in Indy.

Lynne is a thoughtful and friendly host, a talented decorator, and a great cook. Boone Docks is a rare find and perhaps the best bargain in Indianapolis. Six stars.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

A wonderful, cozy place with a beautiful riverfront view. The host was wonderful and breakfast was outstanding. Will stay here again when the weather is warmer so we can enjoy the local bike trails and river boats!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Summary:
Staying and Boone Docks on the River was easily one of the best traveling experiences I've ever had. The location was close to everything my girlfriend and I wanted to do in Indianapolis, yet isolated and peaceful enough to relax back in the room. The property was gorgeous and a delight to walk around. The room had all the amenities of an expensive room, but decorated to make everything cozy. And the host and her breakfast was among one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. This is no exaggeration. Lynne really shows why she's been able to keep this place in business for 20 years and counting. And at under $100, it is even more amazing that you get such a great room and a classy breakfast.

The Location:
This bed and breakfast is right on the White River in Northeastern Indianapolis. It's not very far from Downtown, and it's just north of Broad Ripple Village, which has tons of restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues. It's also not far from many shopping centers off of 82nd/86th street. But despite such a convenient location, near so many things to do, the property is isolated from the hub-bub, and as soon as you turn onto its street, you realize how relaxing of a stay you're in for.

The Property:
The property is gorgeous. The home itself is cute and Tudor-influenced. It's surrounded by trees and big yards, which are paved with stone paths that lead right to the river. It's something straight out of a storybook. I went in January, and the fresh snow made everything picturesque. I can only imagine what it's like in the lush, Indiana summer. One of the nicest features is a large patio and a few other benches that you can relax on and just enjoy nature and your company. I went with my girlfriend, and one of the best parts was just walking around the property, talking, and savoring the scenery.

The Room:
The room itself was superb. It had a bedroom area with a television and small table, a good closet, a reading nook, a shower room, and a bathroom. All the amenities were great too. Don't let the cute, lacy decorations fool you. The host provides cable television, a small refrigerator, toiletries, towels, extra blankets, pillows, etc. It's a professionally put-together and well-thought-out space. My girlfriend and I went in January, and it was in the single-digits at night. Despite that, my room remained cozy. The bed was wonderful, and both my girlfriend and I were able to sleep very well. Oh, and I should also mention that you receive your own key, and the room has a private entrance on the side of the home. That way, you do not have to worry about disturbing anyone on your way in or out.

The Breakfast and the Company:
The highlight of the trip was definitely the breakfast and the kind company of Lynne (the innkeeper, along with her husband Mike) and Anabelle (a Havanese puppy). Lynne was an accommodating host; she served my girlfriend and I our breakfast, provided engaging and genuine conversation, and made us feel truly at home. Anabelle (hypoallergenic I might add) delightfully played with her toys and gained attention with her cute mannerisms.

Such an environment would've made any breakfast good, but the food was top-tier and the table setting wonderful. Course 1 was a beautiful presentation of cut kiwi, banana, and mandarin oranges, served with orange juice. Course 2 was a beautifully crafted egg and cheese souffle with a side of perfectly crispy bacon. There was also a warm, flaky croissant, served with a rich, old-style jelly. Lynne paired this with coffee. (I drink mine black, and I remember how good of a quality the coffee was; although she did offer cream, sugar, etc.). Course 3 was a bit more coffee with mini cinnamon rolls. The portions were perfect, and the food was amazing.

My time at the Boone Docks on the River Bed and Breakfast was exquisite. I will definitely stay here again on the occasion that I return to Indianapolis.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

I've been to lots of B&Bs, and this is one of the best. You have your own entrance, a stocked fridge, a comfortable bed, plenty of places to put your things, a large clean room and stocked bathroom, a great breakfast with a great view from the deck, a nice dock to sit and enjoy the river, a great price, and great conversation if you want it. What more could you want?

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
cleveland, ohio, u.s.a.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

A large room w/private bath on the ground floor of a house in a quiet neighborhood right on the White River. You can walk through the yard to a dock at the river's edge. The room is huge, furnished in the frilly style of many B&Bs (not my favorite). The water, from a well, has a slight odor that bothered me at first but not for long. There was bottled water in the room's mini-fridge.

I enjoyed the lovely freshly-made breakfast (omelette, potatoes, bacon, croissant, fresh fruit and juice, plenty of hot coffee), although would have liked it earlier than the specified 8:30 a.m. (earlier it's a continental breakfast).

The location is on the edge of the trendy Broadripple area with its many restaurants and shops. A short walk gets you on to the Monon Trail, a paved multi-purpose trail that connects with others between downtown and suburban Carmel. The drive to downtown Indy takes about 25 minutes.

The issues I mentioned keep me from giving it 5 stars across the board, but I definitely recommend this B&B and will return if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Boone Docks on the River Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!