“Beautiful lobby” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Beautiful lobby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The lobby is very well decorated as are the rooms. Our room was spacious and clean with two king sized beds. The breakfast buffet was also good, but I was disappointed that there was no fruit option the second morning. The front desk staff were very polite and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear LeahE1981,
Thank you for your kind review of our property during your recent stay. As a new property we are pleased to offer a unique setup with two king beds in every room along with 42" TVs. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Indianapolis. We will work to make your stay even better.

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hudsonville, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Beautiful room with two King beds. The staff was very friendly. My only complaint was the extremely slow WiFi. The breakfast buffet was what you expect at a Holiday Inn Express, but even with a fairly busy morning, the breakfast selection was kept full and warm. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are happy you enjoyed your visit at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. Being the only hotel in the U. S. with two king beds and 42" TVs in everyroom we can offer spacious accomodations and the comforts of home. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you on your future travels to Indianapolis.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I arrived in a saturday afternoon for a one night stay meeting up with friends. We had 6 children between us ages 4-12. The young lady at the front desk was polite, friendly and very helpful. The hotel is beautiful and CLEAN! I actually enjoyed the way the sheets smelled - HOTEL SHEETS! The pool area was clean and the pool was fantastic. The kids swam for hours and and had an absolute blast. There were several other families in the pool but there was plenty of room in th pool and in the seating area for parents. The hotel is very close to several food options and activities. The beds are HUGE and there was free breakfast. Inianapolis is the mid point between my friend's and my home and we meet up frequently with our famillies. I don't think we will stay anywhere else after this experience. I am very pleased with all aspects of this location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Lori H,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. As the only hotel in the US with two king beds and 42 inch TVs in every room we can be a great option for families. We are happy you enjoyed our swimming pool and Smart Start Breakfast. We hope you will again select the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast when your travels bring you our way.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Arrived on a bus with 30 youth and 10 adults for one night. The mgr insisted on holding up the line because of supposed prolems w/ my CC. (never had problems before). After checking in, many of us went to swim in the pool. Had to ask the Mgr to turn the lights on. Same with the Great room. Wouldnt turn on the lights until asked. Not very welcoming. The temp in the exersize room was 75 and the thermostat was locked. Called the front desk, Said they would 'see what they could do" nothing done. Our group had to leave at 7:15 Sat am. Our leader asked several times if they would open the breakfast before 7. Absolutely not. A little disapointed with the customer service attitude.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your response. We are always open to ways that we can improve our product. I want to thank you and your group for selecting the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. As the only hotel in the US with two king size beds and 42" TV in every room we feel we are a good fit for groups like yours. With more than 25 rooms and over 75 people in your group all arriving at once by bus to our lobby I was happy to greet you. As the Director of Sales, this is a beautiful sight. I apologize if you were made to feel uncomfortable at check in, the card you presented did not have your name on it. But as the person who checked you in I know it could not have been more than 10 to 15 seconds of your time.

It is April in Indianapolis and the weather is constantly changing. The owners of the hotel have designed both our Great Room and Pool area with a wall that is nothing but windows. On a bright sunshine day it is easy to forget to turn on the lights. Our pool lights are to be on from 10:00 am to closing. When I got the request to adjust the temperature in the exercise room I personally went directly to the room and it was vacant. The temperature was 75 degrees with the heat turned on and set to 72. I converted the system to air conditioning and left the setting at 72. I personally thought it was comfortable. It is April 19th today and it snowed at 1:30pm so it is a challenge to keep all systems at the ultimate settings.

With a group of this size, we enter into agreements that spell out what is expected and what is offered and come to an agreement. Your group agreed to having our Smart Start Breakfast starting at 7:00am. We are pleased that we were able to feed your entire group at that time and still have you make it to your event. We hope that you will entrust us in the future with your group and as such we can arrange to have breakfast served at the time you designate. Please call on me if you have any additional needs or requests.
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I arrived mid afternoon for a 10 hour stay I was greeted by a freindly and helpul young lady...descent sized parking lot easy to get a semi into,ask for top floor that was not a problem, this is a fairly new facility...room was great ,standard HI Express..super clean comfy, great water pressure and hot water...nothing could have been better and the price was really great! this is where you will find me on my next stay when Im in the area..

Room Tip: top floor nice and quiet, great for a day sleeper..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Teamster 175,

Thank you for your recent review and your support of the Holiday Inn Express Southeast. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we will forward your kind remarks to management. We hope the next time through you will select the Holiday Inn Express Southeast.
east liberty, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights with our 4 boys. It was awesome to find a place that could accommodate 6 people, have an indoor pool, offer free breakfast, and not cost a fortune. Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast offered a large variety of choices. The manager was incredibly professional and courteous. We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Sarah W.

Thank you for your kind words related to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. We are the only hotel in the world with two king sized beds and 42" TV's in every room. Our rooms are 150 square feet larger than other Holiday Inn Expresses. We are glad you enjoyed our "Smart Start Breakfast". We hope when you travel you will include the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast in your plans.
Evanston, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

On February 14th, I traveled to Indianapolis, IN on business. My team was staying at this hotel, and I was the first to arrive. I asked if there was a room under my name. Nope. I inquired about whether a block of rooms had been reserved and mentioned a few names. No luck. It occurred to me that perhaps I was just to pay for my own room and simply be reimbursed. No big deal. Happens all the time.

Flash forward to the rest of the crew checking in after dinner later that evening. I had dined with them and we all ended up at the front desk together. It turns out that nine rooms had been booked after all. Our fearless leader asked if he could take over billing for the room I had already charged to my card. "No," they said. Understandable and no big deal. I'd just proceed as usual and put the charge on my invoice and get reimbursed by the company. That's fine.

HOWEVER, they would not remove the now extraneous room that had previously been booked. Nine people were staying in nine rooms, but, due to arcane rules and penalties, a tenth room would be charged. A tenth room that no one would enter. "It is too late to cancel that. There's nothing we can do."

What happened to customer service? Is this really the first time such a situation has occurred in the history of the hotel industry? Why are you making us regret selecting Holiday Inn Express? I called IHG guest relations to explain this saga several times over, and, while the first few agents were understanding and compassionate, IHG corporate ultimately sided with the management of the Holiday Inn Express who apparently never met a short-term penny they didn't like.

Please note that the parking lot was not full and the staff admitted that the property was not sold out. If the SuperBowl were in town or a huge convention were happening, I'd totally understand, but this was not the case.

"There's nothing we can do." From the desk clerks to the manager, the mantra-line incantation is repeated: "There's nothing we can do."

And while we're on the topic, the manger is petty and unpleasant. Ultimately, IHG is petty and unpleasant. Avoid this and other hotels in the IHG family (Crowne Plaza, any Holiday Inn, Hotel Intercontinental, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, etc.)

My plea is simple: Select another hotel chain that can AND will do something reasonable in the event of a truly silly misunderstanding. "There's nothing we can do" is not an acceptable response.

Pat

P.S. I'm looking forward to the manager's response below. He'll cite policy, what we did wrong, etc., but guess what, we came to sleep, not get inundated with technical fouls. You are in the service industry, sir. Make people happy. Honest "mistakes" happen. Adjust. Your policy does not engender satisfaction on the part of your customers. It's a money grab, and I'm left with a very sour taste in my mouth -- as are the other 8 gentlemen who watched this all go down.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Patrick T,

I want to thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

When a person makes a reservation, they are responsible for informing their counterparts of reservations made under their name. This has happened before, and the resulting charges were also not waived. There are reasons why both IHG and our hotel has in place the policies and procedures that we do. As a Priority Club member, since you did mention that in your conversation with IHG, you do realize that the cancellation deadline for most days is 6:00PM on the day of arrival. This was no different than on arrival day. We had you arriving at approximately 5:20PM. After you had dined with the rest of your team, your group came back to our hotel. It was now approximately 11:15PM, well after the cancellation deadline. At this time, you informed us that you were part of this group, and asked to cancel one of the reservations. As it was 5 hours, 15 minutes past the cancellation deadline, this request was denied. My Assistant Guest Service Manager also states that there was no complaint prior to her leaving, and that she left at 1:30AM. She stated that you were checked into the hotel without a reservation. The person who made the reservation asked if they could cancel the reservation, and was ok with not being able to cancel. Further, he even offered to refund your money back to you.

As you have been given a check for the full amount of the stay, we are asking that you cease and desist any further derogatory comments.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast? Share your experiences!