“Good hotel, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre

You added Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   535 S West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #45 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Norton Shores, Michigan
“Good hotel, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Location is absolutely fantastic! My wife and I stayed here for the Indy Mini-Marathon and was a short 5 minute walk to the starting line and convention center.

Rooms were overbooked and got upgraded to a double suite, only needed one room for the two of us. It was a great place to stay and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us during the mini marathon. We always enjoy having all the runners here due to us being so close to the starting line. Look forward to seeing you again next year! =)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
Michigan, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was in Indy for business... decided on the Staybridge. First reason was kitchenette, then on to continental breakfast and last was social hour. I think the best was the social hour. Tuesday through Thursday down in lobby is social hour where they serve food, beer and wine, along with soft drinks. Staff was truly exceptional, would stay there again. My travel partner stayed at another hotel and I think I got the better deal. Right across the street from Lucas Oil, walking distance to downtown... A++++++

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and staff, we truly do appreciate your feedback as it helps future guests with choosing a great hotel. Come back and see us again soon! :)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I went on this property's web site to book a room. I got it all set up and the room averaged $202 a night. I was ready to book, but figured I'd check TripAdvisor first just to make sure it wasn't a dump. On Trip Advisor there was a link to Travelocity which I happened to click on, put in my dates and low and behold the room was $143 per night. Remembering that I saw a price guarantee on their website (if you find a lower price online, they give you a night free), I figured I'd call them to find out what the deal was. I was on my cell phone, so the minutes are clearly visible. At the 5 minute mark the representative confirmed that their site had a higher price and said she would transfer me to a manager to figure it out. So I get put on hold at around the 6 minute mark...at the 31 minute mark of being on hold with no one answering, checking back, or even elevator music, I used my son's phone to call them back. At this point I started thinking they realized the error and corrected it, so I took a screen shot of the Travelocity page showing the difference in prices. The next person who answered the phone was extremely nice but could do nothing. She told me the people I needed to talk to had left 25 minutes prior to me placing the call to her, meaning they were certainly open the first time I called.

I have never been treated so poorly by a company in my life. I work in research and I can tell you horror stories people have had with companies and now I find myself in the same boat. Thank you Staybridge for your guarantee and your EXTREMELY frustrating and underhanded process you put customers through. I REALLY wanted to stay here, but I don't think I can ever stay somewhere where they treat you so poorly. I've never been a masochist and I'm not about to start. If anyone would like a screenshot to verify what I'm saying, just ask and I'll send it to you.

Stay away from this hotel unless you really don't care how you will be treated. And if you ever do find a better rate online, book it, do NOT bother with contacting the hotel. They will only put you on hold indefinitely and get their price out of you in the end. An odd guarantee really, isn't it?

Room Tip: If you see a better deal, book it. Don't bother communicating with the property.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while booking your reservation. Surely you should not have been put on hold for that long, that is inexcusable. I do have some questions for you if you could please call me at your earliest conveniece 317-536-7500. I also want to verify how the "find a lower price, get a night free" works. There are rules and stipulations on it. #1, the reservation has to be booked on our site, which guarantees you a room. #2: it has to be for the same room type, property, and have the same cancellation rules on each reservation. #3 it has to be within 24 hours of you making the reservation. With that being said, when you go onto sites such as Travelocity, Travelweb, Expedia, Travel Today, etc., these are all prepaid reservations. What that means is you get it for a lower price, which does not guarantee room type also, you cannot change or cancel the reservation, however when booking through our site at a higher price and you are guaranteed your room type, regular cancellation applies and you can change/cancel it if you want/need to. Each reservation you were looking at had different rules/cancellation policies and it was not actually booked through our site, so it would not have applied for this I hope this has answered your question and once again I'm sorry that you were inconvenienced. Please call me to further discuss your initial call. 317-536-7500 and ask for Nichole Flett
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I really liked this hotel. Check in and check out were easy, with no line. My room was quite large for one person and very well laid out, which made it seem even bigger. I hadn't realized there would be a fully equipped kitchenette, which really came in handy. Add to that a sitting area, a large desk, a very comfortable bed, and a roomy dressing/sink/bathroom area, and I was very pleased. My room was on the top (8th) floor facing the back of the hotel, and it was extremely quiet. The breakfast was pretty standard but with some nice details like fruit, Tazo tea, and salsa for the eggs. Everything was spotless and well kept. I used the business center to print some documents--very handy. And the free in-room Wi-Fi worked like a charm. A $10 airport shuttle stops right outside the hotel. Overall, the perfect stay. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel are very quiet, at least on the upper floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
chicago, il
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

First off I had requested a two bedroom suite with one king size bed and two double beds. The first room they give us had one king and one queen. Went back to front desk and was given what I had requested. Didn't like the fact that after a certain time there is no one on duty to handle emergencies. The dishes in the cupboard were not very clean, the toilet in one of the bathrooms over flowed. The free meals didn't look good and the so called shop for purchasing snacks was not appealing. The mattress pad on the let out sofa bed was soiled and there were not enough towels or face towels and had to go down to front desk to get more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nichole F, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I'm so sorry that your room type you requested online was not the same when you came to the hotel. When reservations are made online (or not directly with the hotel) sometimes the reservations do not come to the hotel with the "exact" specifications as online, which is why we upgraded you to the larger room without hassle. We also do have someone on at all times to handle emergencies here at the building, however they may have been assisting another guest when you were needing them and I truly apologize that. In the future we will look into having more staff when it is busier at the hotel so we are able to assist more guests. Clearly we did not live up to the expectations you were expecting and I'd really like to get the chance to make this right. Please contact me at the hotel at your earliest convenience. 317-536-7500
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Overview: I was in Indy for a week for work. I was working at Lucas Oil Stadium, so the location was great! And walking distance to every thing in downtown Indianapolis.

The cons: I was in room 210 that faced the street(over the entrance). Street noise was an issue at times. Noise from the common area(tv and people hanging out). I would not recommend any rooms near the common room(210, 207, 211).
No room cleaning on the weekend (unless requested Friday). They call it light cleaning.
There is parking in the back, but it cost 14.00 a day.

The pros: Very close to Lucas Oil Stadium. Social night (free beer/wine, apps). Free internet.
Free laundry (washers and dryers). Pool, workout room(very minimum equipment), DVD player in room.
Microwave, full fridge, coffee maker, stove top burners. The couch was a pull out.

Overall, this seems to be a good hotel for the business traveler, and for a family.
I would stay here again, but on a higher floor(the hotel has 8 floors).

Room Tip: Would not stay in room 207, 210, or 211 (any room that is above the common area)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We are so sorry that you were unhappy with your particular room here at the Staybridge Suites Downtown Indianapolis. If you can, please let us know next time you are in town and I will be sure to add a note to your reservation so you do not get that room again. It's the only room in the building that faces both the lobby as well as the street so it can be bothersome to some guests in that room. Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to seeing you again here at Staybridge Suites Downtown Indianapolis.
Lafayette
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed at this property on New Years Eve. When we checked in the lady at the counter had the personality of a board. She did not welcome me, smile, or acknowledge it was a holiday, She was most concerned about explaining that we would need to pay for parking. Not a big deal we were downtown for goodness sakes.

The room was nice except for bathroom. Fixtures were rusty???? and large wet area with bubbled paint. Potato chips in trash where it had not been emptied. Not what I expected considering the great shape of the rest of property.

Breakfast was great!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nichole F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I am so sorry for the lack of service you received at our property. We here at Staybridge truly value your imput and your notes have been read by our management. These are not typically problems at this property and hopefully you will give us another try to let us show you how great we truly are. Maybe next year for New Years? Please feel free to email me with any further questions/comments at nflett@dorahotelco.com
NIchole Flett-GSM

Been to Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre? Share your experiences!