I reviewed this hotel after our stay last year for Jamfest Super Nationals Cheer Competition in January. Last year I couldn't have been happier with our stay, this year I could have been a LOT happier.
I will start with THE GOOD.
To start, we got a great deal. We stayed as a group last year and were able to negotiate a good rate for this year based on that.
The room was nice and clean. That is very important to me. In fact, we loved the room. We had a double queen suite with a pull out couch in the living room. Plenty of room for the 4 of us that stayed there. Some in our group had as many as 6 in their rooms and they still felt comfortable. The kitchen with full fridge was a plus. It was perfect for leftovers from the restaurants we visited on our off time. It was nice to have cupboards filled with dishes and we were very happy to find wine glasses and even a wine opener. If you have ever had to spend a full day at the convention center with teenagers and non stop cheerleading, you know how much appreciated a nice glass of wine is when you get back to your hotel!
Breakfast was good, too. A nice selection. On Saturday we had to be at the competition so early that we missed breakfast but on Sunday the manager was very helpful and arranged to serve it an hour earlier than normal so we could eat before we left for the day. It was great to fill up before we hit the road back home on Monday, too.
The shuttle was a nice convience but it wasn't always running. However, the front desk was always quick to get a cab for us when needed. It was never more than 5 to7 bucks for a trip to any downtown destination.
Now, THE BAD
To start, we had a group with us. 6 rooms total. We understood we probably wouldn't all be right next door to each other but we requested we be close. They said "they'd try" but we were spread out all over that hotel. Some on 2nd floor. Some on 3rd. Some on 6th. Based on what I saw that weekend in the breakfast room, lobby, elevators, and parking lot they were not fully booked. I think they could have "tried" a little harder to get us at least on the same floor as each other.
Second, no maid service on weekends. No new towels, no trash emptied, no clean up, no beds made. If you wanted weekend maid service you had to call before 5 to arrange it, and you'd be charged. With 4 women in one room there was no way we could go three nights with the original set of towels. So, on Saturday (night 2) I called the front desk to ask for more towels and a trash bag since ours was completely overflowing and was barked at "you have to come down here for that!" So, down I went. I had to practically beg for enough towels for us to shower with, they did not want to give them up. And I was told there simply was no more trash bags to give. None. I had two more nights left with trash overflowing in the kitchen and bathroom and they would not give us a trash bag! Each one of my friends (6 rooms worth) all had the exact same problems. One was given hand towels to shower with, one was given dirty towels, and yet another was just told "sorry, no more towels". Nobody ever got a trash bag. Not one over the whole weekend. By Monday when we left we had trash piled all over the place. We used grocery bags and take out bags that we had with us but still, it was bad. And we had to deal with it all weekend since there was no maid to come through and pick it up. Awful. Just awful.
One last thing. While we all got a great rate, one person in our group was charged a LOT more than the rest of us and they had no explaination for it. They ended up taking $75 off her bill but that was still nowhere near the deal the rest of us got. When she complained and explained she was part of our group (booked together and everything) the front desk people had a "too bad so sad" attitude.
I was sadly disappointed in the Staybridge this trip. And that's unfortunate because last year was such a good experience. With the Super Bowl in Indy this year and Lucas Oil Stadium being just steps away you'd think they'd be on their A game but they really fell flat. I like the Staybridge in general but the lack of towels and trash build up did me in. I'm not sure I'd stay there again. I think if we go back to Jamfest next year I will try somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre Hotel Indianapolis
- Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Downtown Indianapolis Extended-Stay Hotel! The newly opened Staybridge Suites Extended Stay Hotel in downtown Indianapolis offers comfortable rooms, which are complimented by our great location in downtown Indianapolis adjacent to Lucas Oil Stadium. Additionally, the hotel is near the Indianapolis International Airport and Indiana Convention Center. Business and leisure travelers can benefit from our extended stay, pet friendly hotel in downtown Indianapolis as the hotel is just a short distance from Victory Field Baseball park, Circle Centre Mall, Conseco Fieldhouse, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This downtown Indianapolis hotel is only 15 minutes from Indianapolis International Airport (IND) and is conveniently located within three blocks of the Indiana Convention Center. Merrill Lynch, AT&T, Eli Lilly, IUPUI, General Motors, and Wellpoint are in close proximity in downtown Indianapolis. Our pet friendly Indianapolis hotel offers business travelers and families a comfortable place to stay while being out of town. We also encourage our guests to mingle with each other during the evening Sundowners Receptions (Tuesday - Thursdays), which feature drinks and appetizers. With a 24-hour convenience store, complimentary laundry facility, an outdoor BBQ pavilion and a home theater room, the Staybridge extended stay hotel in Indianapolis is the perfect home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.