“Classy atmosphere and Excellent Meal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harry and Izzy's

Harry and Izzy's
153 South Illinois Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)
317 635-9594
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry and Izzy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,921 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Georgia
Description: Harry & Izzy's is an independent, upscale American Grill located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Its ambiance exudes class and sophistication in a comfortable setting. While the lively bar is Harry & Izzy's focal point, unique dining rooms incorporate dark woods, lush fabrics and a deep color palette. This sister restaurant to the famous St. Elmo Steak House, shares a few classic dishes, while offering more menu variety. Open for lunch and dinner daily.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Classy atmosphere and Excellent Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was extremely pleased with my experience at Harry and Izzy's. It had a classically unique air about it and I can't think of any complaints. The waitress was a sweetheart and the steaks were incredible! Will be coming back here again for sure

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Went with business group on Monday night. Our server was excellent. The food was very good. Pepper meatballs were excellent. Steaks were served appropriately and very tasty.

Dover, Delaware
“FIRST CLASS STEAKS!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

A friend in the Indianapolis area, Amy Watson, recommended Harry and Izzy's when I said I was looking for the best steak. I was not disappointed. This is a sister restaurant of the neighboring St. Elmo's Steakhouse.

Great beer selection of local faves on draft. The rolls were absolutely delicious...almost addictive all on their own. I was smart enough to ask the server for her recommendation and she nailed it. I took her suggestion and got a 12oz filet...Izzy style (rolled in peppercorn and a sweet sauce). Now, I was going to order the 8oz filt but she told me the 12oz is located in the more tender area of the cow so I went with that. When it was delivered to the table, I was shocked. This steak had to be two inches thick. I asked for it to be cooked medium and it was. It was so tender, I could practically cut it with my butter knife. The steak was about $47 on its own plus a few bucks more for Izzy style. I only wished I had taken a picture of the steak!

Well worth the visit!! I just wish there was a Harry and Izzy in Delaware. Thanks Amy Watson for suggesting this place. It was the best steakhouse ever.

Fishers, Indiana
“First Class & Terrific Atmosphere & Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Wonderful fixed menu lunch menu that allowed my friends and I to experience world-famous shrimp cocktail and a filling lunch for $20. Yummy!

Chicago, Illinois
“St Elmos, but different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I preferred the vibe here versus St Elmos. More relaxed, a little more modern, a little less "good old boys club.". Shrimp cocktail was as good as next door. Filet was one of the better I have had in a while and the rolls were quite good. I didn't do any sides, unless a Grey Goose with blue cheese olives counts. I'd love to come again with a larger group and try some of the other apps and side dishes. Service was great and it didn't break the bank.
If you're in Indy for the first time go to St Elmos. If you get there often save yourself the headache and get comparable food at Harry and Izzys.
And grab a few bottles of cocktail sauce to go! Spicy!

• Visited June 2013