“Really nice hotel - Some quirks, but I got a good night's sleep each night.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5815 Rockville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46224   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #60 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Scotch Plains, NJ
“Really nice hotel - Some quirks, but I got a good night's sleep each night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed at the Indy Microtel for GenCon 2014. It wasn't on the main list of recommended hotels, but it was one of the only ones to have a room available the nights I needed.

Got to the hotel around 11pm, and checked in relatively easy. I dont think the staff on hand at that time had the best hearing or grasp of the language, because he nodded politely at the questions asked. Gave up and went to the room... On a side note, what hotels DON'T have maps of the local area available??? This one for one... (and no wifi - see later)

Opened the door to room 212 and saw a huge black stain on the carpet - This set off a bunch of red flags immediately, but after inspection of the rest of the room, everything else was fine...

Actually the whole stay was quite enjoyable. Even tho the hotel was completely booked with gamers for the GenCon convention, the room was quiet every night.... One of my biggest problems is people returning to their rooms after midnight and speaking loudly in the hall... Either this didn't happen, or the rooms were insulated against the noise... I stayed three nights and had uninterrupted sleep which was great.

Also really nice was the cushioned window-ledge seat...It was a nice touch to the room...

On the downside, there was only one chair in the room, and no flat surfaces other than a small desk, and the beds - which was inconvenient, but not a major issue...

Breakfast was decent, but the dining area only seemed to have 3-4 tables available, so people were perturbed and brought food back to the room... There was a large dining area when we arrived, but in the morning, they partitioned it off at least 80%...Maybe there was an event there later? I heard that a bunch of guests played boardgames in the area the night before (It was a boardgame convention in town), so that may be why they closed the area off... Who knows? Inconvenient, but not a major issue...

The hotel advertises WiFi, but there was absolutely no reception in our room... It didnt register ANY servers nearby. Happily Verizon had 5 bars, so I could set up my own portable hot spot to get some work done...

Dinner at the local restaurant on premises was awesome...It was called Kazablanka, and the food was really good, our waitress for the two nights was one of the friendliest we've ever dealt with (i wish I could remember her name), and they had a pretty casual atmosphere which was perfect.

Upon checkout, i asked the front desk if a certain discount had been applied... She said yes and pointed at a line on the bill that supposedly said it was... I foolishly took her at her word, but when I got home and started sorting out the receipts, there was absolutely no mention of a discount on the bill... I need to call and verify with Microtel, but at the moment, I'm pretty sure I was blatently lied to at the frontdesk... I hope it doesn't turn out to be the case, because I'd hate for that to kill the good will of the rest of our stay at the Microtel inn Indianapolis.

Also, one weird quirk neither good nor bad... The TV is ontop of a closet with an angled top...I'll admit its a good placement, but there was a door jamb under the TV... at first we thought it was to stop it from sliding off the angled top of the closet, but realized it was to lock it in a viewing position...Kinda weird and cheap setup which worried us at first...

Room Tip: 212 was one of the quietest hotel rooms I've ever been in... 3 nights - no overnight interuption...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The staff are truly the greatest! Read below to see why:

My wife and I had plans to attend a conferance in Indy, but our plans changed. Unfortunatly, my wife couldn't remember where we had booked our hotel room, just that she had done it via Wyndham's Coperate reservation phone number. So naturally we contacted Wyndham to figure out where our room was so we could cancel. After a couple of hours, Wyndham said they couldn't find our reservation. My wife thought she might not have submitted the reservation after all then, so we accepted this. A week later and we find we have been charged for a room we didn't think we had! At the very least, it told us what hotel we had booked at. We contacted the Microtel about this, and they were VERY apologetic and fast to respond, even though it wasn't their fault! Their GM called me back less than 30 minutes after I called saying that she had issued a refund and was very sorry. We are not too happy with Wyndham Coperate right now, but the staff at the Microtel were wonderful, and we are very happy with them! I haven't stayed there yet, but based solely on the customer service they delivered, I plan to stay here the next time I am in Indy!

Room Tip: Book through the hotel directly, their staff are the best!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bonner Springs, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Facility is well maintained, clean and a great value, exceeding our expectations.
TV's are old school, but got the job done. Sound proofing between floors could be improved, however our overall stay was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport

Address: 5815 Rockville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46224
Location: United States > Indiana > Indianapolis
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#8 Best Value Hotel in Indianapolis
#70 Business Hotel in Indianapolis
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Wyndham, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Indianapolis Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Hotel Indianapolis
Microtel Hotel Indianapolis Airport
Indianapolis Microtel

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.