“You can do better for less if you stay on I70 a little farther east” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5755 N German Church Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46235 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites German Church Road)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #123 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Morris, IL USA
“You can do better for less if you stay on I70 a little farther east”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Staff at check in friendly. Entire hotel was very clean but the room was outright depressing. Everything in the room from the bedspread to the walls, ceiling,etc.. was stark white. It looked like a cell at the local jail. Didn't eat breakfast there so I can't comment on that. The bathroom sink drained after about a 10 minute wait. If the maids report these problems apparently no one must be listening. Not a bad stay but I couldn't wait to check out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank gibbscr

Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed there for a couple of nights due to Business in Indianapolis Regional Airport. Due to a tight schedule I left before 6 AM and got in after 9:00 PM, so did not see much of the hotel but is it a simple and comparatively reasonably priced place, good for a night of sleep.

The room was clean and bathroom fairly good. I think it is a hotel standard that either the sink or the shower drain (or both) has to be slow to drain water, and this was no exception as the sink was very slow to drain. I am contemplating to carry a plunger with me anytime I travel with car to open up the clogged drains in the hotel rooms!

The breakfast (caught it the second day when leaving at 6:30 AM) was fairly good with the regular hotel standard but the check-in and the lobby needed a little improvement especially more lighting as it was much darker than you expect from a hotel. All around fairly good stay, the bed was firm and comfortable, and window A/C was efficient and quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

It was your average box hotel. The side door was broken, so no one could get in...so it was always propped open with a rock. The night we were there, a group of high school band kids were there. They were on the floor above us & were pretty loud (not much soundproofing). Called front desk & they took care of it quickly. Looks like the building was recently renovated. Everything was clean.

• Stayed May 2014
Muncie, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The rooms were nasty, sink clogged and toilet clogged tried to tell house keeping and none of the house keeping spoke english according to the staff at the front desk. Suppose to check in at 3 the rooms were not done until almost 6 pm. Lady working front desk very RUDE and obviously did not like her job. Pool was ice cold not heated at all. the whole second floor smelled of pot smoke all night long, which the front desk was informed of and did nothing about. At 2:30 am we were woke up by a girl screaming and crying and a guy trying to get in her room because they were fighting, the front desk did not call the police so we did. Called and complained to the manager and nothing was done except for sorry your stay was not good. would not recommend this hotel we did not feel safe or clean staying here

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Florence, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My teenage daughters and I walked into this hotel around 7 pm Saturday 4/12. I didn't have super high expectations, but I do have standards.

No one was at the desk when we came in. My daughter rang the bell. A very frazzled and unkempt woman came out and mumbled to me that she would have to let me in my room because the key maker thing-y was broken. I was told her boss was on her way to fix it, but she'd have to use her emergency key to let me in. Ok, fine. She takes me to one room on the first floor - it's not ready. (check in was 3 hours prior). She tells me she'll find another room for me. We go up to 2nd floor to a room that is jammed shut and she couldn't even get open. She looked like she was going to cry when it wouldn't open. I told her politely that we would go downstairs and wait on the cushy coaches while she helped the gentleman behind us and then she could find another room for us.

We get downstairs and the couches were full so we sit at a table in the breakfast area. The table was STICKY. You could tell it hadn't been cleaned in awhile. We waited there for awhile and I had to ask the woman again if our room was ready. She got all frazzled again indicating she either forgot or was hoping I wouldn't ask. She finally found us another room (and the key thing-y was working so we got our own cards. Yay!). We go upstairs on the elevator and it made a HORRENDOUS sound like it was going to plummet back down to the ground. Get in our actually very decent room and decide instead of swimming (because the pool was PACKED) that we would head out for some evening shopping. On our way back down (we took the steps because of said elevator) the lady from the front desk was letting another family into their room. THERE WAS ALREADY A FAMILY IN THERE. I didn't see it, but my daughter said there was a little girl with not much clothes on...on the other side of the door. Luckily there wasn't anything else going on behind that door! That was check in day.

The next day, I get in line to check out. There was only one group ahead of me but they had an issue. There was a young man behind the counter making small talk with them, trying to fix the problem, and generally engaging them in drawn out conversation. And there was someone behind me in line! Ultimately he messed up there issue and the problem was compounded. He went to get someone else to help. I naively thought it was so there could be 2 lines....but instead he just stood there and watched while the co-worker fixed the problem of the people in front of me.

Finally it was my turn...NEITHER OF THEM said "I'm so sorry for your wait" or "thanks for your patience". Nothing. I told them that all I needed was to check out. The young lady took my room number, said that's all she needed, and that was it. I am pretty sure I didn't even get a thank you.
The whole check out process took at least 15 minutes while I stood there and waited.

None of the front desk staff that I encountered was dressed professionally. The woman from Saturday evening had blue jeans on, a stained shirt, and was generally unkempt. The young man that was trying to help the group in front of me check out while I waited....he had on an Aeropostale t shirt and blue jeans. I don't expect a tuxedo, but c'mon.

Finally, on a side note...and I had read this in previous review...

This is not a secure building! A couple times in our stay I walked by an outside door to this building and it was propped open with a giant rock. Not ok! People are staying here with their children and families!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ourthreegirls2014
Wexford, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Snow not plowed from parking lot for three days. Dirty towels removed from room, but clean towels not provided until call to desk--desk said "We're busy, come on down." I said "In pajamasl, you deliver them." Response was "Click." Towels delivered OK later. Elevator made loud clunking sound each time. Rooms were clean. Bed comfortable. Pool crowded. Hotel understaffed--desk clerk often gone on errands. Breakfast hot and OK, but same for three days.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Minooka, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Ruth at the front desk was incredibly accommodating, friendly, and made the process very easy when we checked in. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and the rooms were exceptionally clean, comfortable, and the hotel itself is in a great location. The pool was also very modern and clean. We enjoyed our breakfast in the morning of blueberry waffles, sausage and eggs provided by the hotel. I reccomend this comfort inn, and would stay again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business