“Perfect Night's Rest” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Perfect Night's Rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Newer Homewood Suites. Everything clean and well maintained. Staff were friendly and helpful. Spacious room. I thought given the proximity of this hotel to a water park that the place might be really worn and unpleasant but it was entirely perfect.

Parking lot was a little icier than I expected but it was January in Indianapolis...

Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerIndy, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our property. It is through guest comments, such as your own, that we are able to continually improve upon our product and service.

We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
nappanee, Indiana, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

pool area nice, standard Homewood suites, real close to Caribbean Cove water park and quick drive to pretty much anywhere else. staff was friendly. we had problems getting the room to stay at a comfortable temperature. otherwise decent stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagerIndy, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello! I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed our pool area. I do however understand that you were disappointed with some of issues at our hotel. I truly apologize if your A/C unit was not working properly and that your room and that it took a long time to maintain a comfortable temperature. I thank you for bringing up to my attention this issue so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our in-property experience. Again, I apologize you went through any inconveniences and hope that you will consider saying with us next time you are in town.

Thank you for staying with us!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This homewood property was beautiful - it seemed newer. Well appointed room with kitchen. Very clean -

The breakfast was ok, if you stuck with yogurt or cereal. The "hot" menu stuff was awful! I did not realize eggs could be cooked long enough to resemble cardboard -

Interesting sidenote, the drive back to the hotel feels like a sketchy zombie movie - kind of a creepy fun at night -

All in all though.....nice property - just bring your own breakfast!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagerIndy, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you found our property to be beautiful, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I truly apologize if you found our breakfast to be below your level of expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this in mind, I do thank you for bringing this to my attention and assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Thank you!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I recently stayed here with my wife and four kids for two nights and could not have been more impressed.
Normally, travelling all together is stressful no matter where we stay, so I had low expectations. However, this place truly became a sanctuary each night from the craziness of all the other Christmas festivities that

The staff was warm and helpful from check in to check out. They went out of their way to make sure the two bedroom suite was set up just right and asked all the right questions as to which part of the hotel and floor would be best.

The rooms were great- very nicely appointed and immaculately clean. We had plenty of room and everything was in working order. The only issue was one of the TVs did not work unless you removed the power cord and plugged it back in- but it wasn't a major problem. I let them know at check out.

Pool was great for the family. Like the rooms, it was very clean. Surprisingly, the towels were not stocked when we arrived but it was taken care of by the time we left.

We didn't take part in the evening snack, but breakfast both mornings was clean and nice. The only knock here was that it seemed to be understaffed. The trash was overflowing and they had trouble keeping up with demand on a few items.

Again, the knocks are minor. Overall this is a great place to stay and I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: The hotel is right next I465 and the off ramp to 421. Therefore, I'd strongly suggest asking fo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This hotel, like all Homewood Suites, has fully equipped kitchen with full size fridge, microwave, stove top, dishwasher. Sadly, there is no oven. Everything was clean, good restaurants within walking distance, great grocery store only 3 miles away (Marsh at 5830 W. 86th St.). They serve very good and complimentary dinner and breakfast. But choose your room wisely. The construction of this hotel was not designed for peace and quiet. I recommend staying away from rooms on the front due to the highway noise which blasted through the windows at all hours (this is I-465, a VERY busy highway, and it is only a few dozen yards from the hotel). Also, get a room on the top floor. We had a child above us (I could tell it was a child due to the large number of steps it took for the child to run across their room. And run he (or she) did -- all morning, all evening. And although I know it was a child, it's steps thundered through the ceiling as if it was someone hitting the floor up there with a 5 pound hammer. So, choose the top floor, and back of hotel, and your experience will be great!

Room Tip: Top floor due to no sound barriers in the floors and away from highway due to no thought given to no...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Andrews, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while attending a tax seminar and have nothing but good things to say about it. The room was clean, large and comfortable. Loved the large walk-in shower and the kitchenette had everything I needed (icluding a comp. bag of popcorn). I stayed on the south side so could not hear any of the interstate noise. The bed was really comfortable, soft pillows and lots of them. A large LCD flat screen TV would swivel to whatever area of the room for viewing. The bathroom was also large allowing for easy access. Lots of eating places and gas stations in the area. Also easy access on to I-465. If my tax seminar is at the same place next year, I know where I will be staying while I am attending it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Urbana, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very nice hotel. Very Friendly staff from the momet of check in...very relaxing atmosphere...updated decor,large rooms and bathrooms. Kitchenette had everything you could want..large fridge, microwave,stove top and even had plates,glasses, for a normal kitchen. Breakfast was top notch, great selection you couldnt not find something you would like. Only complaints we had was anytime someone was cooking or even cooking the hotel breakfast it was coming up the vents and you could smell it in your room. Also the bed seemed very comfortable when you first layed down but both my wife and I woke up both days with sore backs in the morning so not sure. Overall we enjoyed our stay and if returning to the area would consider the hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay on side away from the interstate and you wont hear any of the traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!