I was very impressed when I opened the door to my room in this all-suite hotel! I am accustomed to "mini-suites" where bed, couch and kitchenette are all in one space. This was virtually a one-bedroom apartment with a living room/kitchen and a real bedroom down the hall, as well as several size full closets. I had a conference rate of $79 per night for all of this space which was a tremendous bargain, if you ask me! The concept of this hotel chain is that they do not offer daily housekeeping service. If you want your trash emptied, you put it outside your door. If you need towels or sheets, you bring the dirty ones down to the front desk and exchange them. This is fine with me. Almost always, when I stay in a hotel that advertises the "going green" policy of not replacing towels daily, no matter where I put them, I find new ones put out anyway. At least this way, I am able to "go green" and the hotel can pass on the savings and keep rates low by not keeping a fleet of housekeepers on duty. I was amazed at how quiet this hotel was. The adjacent building is exactly the same as the hotel but for more long term stays and seems to be filled with I.U. students, so I was expecting some late night noise from their parking lot. But that never happened. The hallway was quiet every night of my four-night stay as well. There is no restaurant, food service or bar on the property, so planning ahead is essential. You can purchase cold drinks, snacks, cereal, milk and microwave meals from their mini convenience store, which works well since suites have a full kitchen. The hotel is rather isolated and you cannot walk to a good restaurant. You can order take out from nearby venues. There is an hourly shuttle service that guests may take for a nominal fee which will bring you to the downtown district a couple of miles away, so you can conveniently go out to eat and take a cab or the shuttle back to the hotel. Regarding amenities: the bed was great! It seemed a bit firm at first but was really comfortable and I did not notice any aches or pains that come from poor support in a mattress. I would prefer the washable duvets on the beds after seeing a hotel expose' on T.V. that shows what is left on hotel bedspreads and quilts. But I manage O.K. by making sure that the sheet is turned down to cover the top of the quilt. The bathroom was fine but I missed having a bath mat or non-slip surface in the tub. I was rooming alone and thought of a story a friend of mine told about slipping in the shower, getting a concussion and passing out with no-one there to help. Just a safety feature I would add.
Overall, a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to others traveling to Indianapolis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Candlewood Suites in Downtown Indianapolis, Indiana Our extended stay hotel in downtown Indianapolis is near the Indianapolis International Airport, making travel to the hotel easy and convenient. Leisure travelers can appreciate our downtown Indianapolis hotel's close proximity to several local attractions. Eiteljorg Museum, the Children's Museum of Indianapolis and the Indiana State Museum offer history buffs the chance to soak up the heritage of Indiana. For sports enthusiasts, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Conseco Fieldhouse are just minutes from our hotel. The Indiana Zoo and White River State Park offer fun for the whole family. For business travelers, our hotel in downtown Indianapolis is near the Indianapolis International Airport and offers free high-speed Internet access, a Business Center and three meeting rooms. Nearby corporate locations include the IU Medical Center, the Indiana Convention Center and Simon Headquarters, while South Grove Golf Course offers a great place to unwind. This Indianapolis extended stay hotel offers you free high-speed Internet access and free local phone calls. Our standard guest rooms are the largest in Indianapolis. A Fitness Center, free self-laundry facilities, barbecue grills, a DVD/CD lending library and the Candlewood Cupboard, our miniature grocery store, offer unparalleled comfort and convenience. Call today to take advantage of our great Indianapolis hotel deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Indianapolis City Centre Hotel Indianapolis
- Candlewood Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Candlewood Suites