“Nice place, great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #101 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice place, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed at the Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport for one night recently, and had a very nice stay. Had a long day full of frustrations, and when we showed up we were tired and frustrated. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, and made sure we had what we needed in a room (our reservation was wrong from Priceline) and made every effort to address all of our needs. The one bedroom suite we were in was clean, comfortable and well equippped. The full kitchen, large bar and seating area and quite large bathroom were all very nice to have. For the price, you can't go wrong for a simple, non-fancy, clean and comfortable hotel in Indianapolis.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I checked in about midnight and the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. My stay was pretty short, but everyone I encountered was friendly. Room was clean and met all my needs, as well as the business center and front lobby. I was happy to see they had a Lending Locker with lots of amenities, just wish I could have stayed longer to use them!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just spent 2 nights there last weekend. I was moving to Indy and needed somewhere to stay not too far from my destination. Now when I am traveling I understand that if you want a decent place to stay you have to be prepared to pay a bit more and I have stayed in hotels all over the country and know which way is up.
However this place is EXTORTIONATE!!
Daylight robbery!!
$184 for 2 nights. I didn't want to buy the place just stay there! To add insult to injury there is NO breakfast and NO room service. You buy your own breakfast and clean your own room. You want the garbage emptied do it yourself!!
Nice staff and a lovely room but I expect a LOT more for $92 a night. It is in a dingy area with zero redeeming qualities so it isn't like they are a jumping off point for Disney World or something. They actually tried to tell me people LIVE there. You could buy a condo for less than that and have change!
Take my advice, if you can do it stop before you get close in to the ring road and find a nice hotel at somewhere like Clayton or Avon. MUCH cheaper and probably someone to clean the room along with a coffee and croissant.

Room Tip: Never mind the room just make sure to take LOTS of money you'll need it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear izifaddag,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to providing competitive rates and guest services. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
Midwest USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was here for a few weeks for business where my company had an office right down the street. This part of Indianapolis definitely leaves a lot to be desired. The whole area is pretty run down and sketchy. There seemed to be people roaming up and down the streets without much to do. There are very limited food options around and absolutely no entertainment or activities within walking distance.

The hotel itself is decent but not great. I tried the pool once and it was very nice and it has a decent workout room which I used a few times. The room was clean but it was pretty small for this type of extended stay facility, especially the kitchen and the bathroom. The staff were nice and helpful but never went above and beyond for me.

I would stay here again if I had to for work but I would prefer a nicer place, with at least more size for a longer stay. I would never choose to stay anywhere near there for a personal trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear smoothrt,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is good to know that our rooms were comfortable for your needs and you found our staff to be helpful. However, I am sorry if you feel that our location was not completely at par for a personal trip. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I hate to write anything negative because the staff is so nice, but the value in this site is to share your true experiences and I feel compelled to do so. As soon as I opened the door to my room I was greeted by the strong stench of stale smoke. I didn't think I could make it three days in the room, so I kindly asked for another one. The front desk staff was super nice and friendly and I was ultimately given another room. Unfortunately, the 2nd room smelled just as bad as the first. I sucked it up and didn't say anything else because I knew there was nothing else they could do. I highly recommend they bring in a professional to deep clean everything, including all of the ventilation systems, to get this place back up to par because it really could be a nice place. Most places impose a hefty fine and make you sign a waver saying that you will be charged if you smoke in your room and I would recommend that this be done if they are having compliance issues.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear HappyMom1984,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We certainly regret you found the condition of the room you received less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and service we offer to our guests.

Joel B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This extended stay was worth the money. Nice updated rooms and friendly staff made are short stay comfortable. The beds were comfortable and cozy. The only downside would be that the room did not have a full oven. The room was clean except the staff forgot to clean under the toilet rim. There is nothing like enjoying a nice bath and getting a full view of a dirty rim underneath. Other than that the stay was great. I would stay here again while in Indy. I would add pictures but the ones already shown are true to what I saw. The pool looks larger in the pictures.

• Stayed April 2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed at Candlewood for a few nights and I was pleasantly surprised! I( had never heard of the chain)

What I liked:
Wifi
Free Laundry
Full fridge and stove in room

Didn't like:
At one point the desktop computer was only in a foreign language - It was later fixed back to English without me saying anything.

All around a good experience.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!