“Great way to watch a movie” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 21 Fun & Games in Indianapolis
31 attraction reviews
“Great way to watch a movie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I tried the Studio Movie Grill without expecting a lot. Several years ago, the similar Hollywood Bar and Filmworks in downtown Indy closed, and I didn't think that this could match it. It turns out that although it is more expensive, the customers get a lot more for that extra money. The multiple theaters all have great quality video and audio, and the seats are very comfortable. The biggest surprise was a menu that was not only extensive, but the food was top-rate--not the bar-quality food that I expected. It would have gotten good reviews at any restaurant, and yet this is only a theater with food. Further the food is priced competitively with restaurants, which is usually not the case when the audience is captive and there is no competition. I'm hooked!

Visited May 2014

“1st Visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was our first visit to SMG and probably our last. When making our reservation online the seats looked further from the screen. But our seats were much closer in our theatre (7). Our movie did not seat until 3 mins before start time. We hit our buttons immediately. But we did not get helped for at least 20 mins, after several other people who came in after us and hit their buttons later were helped. Because it took a while, we changed our minds and did not order food for fear it would not get to us until half way through the movie. I have never heard so much talking in a theatre during the movie. Even though it was a kids movie, the staff who were in and out helping people should have addressed this. Afterwards, I went to the Ladies restroom and was surprised to see how small and narrow it was. People couldn't get out of their stalls because it was so close to people washing their hands. There was also no toilet paper in a few of the stalls. This was not a great first impression. I don't think we will be returning to this facility.

Visited March 2014
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Excellent, affordable date night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Husband and I had never been to SMG, but found a deal on Groupon so decided to try it out! I am so glad we did! Hubby had buffalo chicken tenders with french fries and I had BBQ chicken sandwich. Both meals were delicious and very generously portioned. We ordered off the 2/$25 and added the dessert for $5. We ended up spending less than $60 including tip for dinner, dessert, and movie tickets. We will definitely be returning!!

Visited February 2014

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

50 attraction reviews
“Great seats, good food...but too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Studio Movie Grill is a great concept...you order a meal while watching a new movie.

Pros: Pay half price on Groupon for the movie ticket right now ($5/person instead of regular $10). You can choose your seat ahead of time and the meal options are better than what I expected (not just hot dogs and pizza). Seats are also very comfy, and you push a big red button if you need something from the wait staff.

Downside: Even though this sounds like a good idea, it was distracting to have waiters/waitresses walking in front of us during the movie. Also I didn't realize how important it is to be able to see your food..I ordered Chicken Nachos and had trouble eating them in the dark. My suggestion is to get something easier to eat (like a burger) because I had to keep waiting for brighter scenes in the movie to find my food. Overall the experience seemed expensive (dinner would have cost the same at Applebees, but would have been easier to see)!

Visited February 2014
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Since it's opening I've been here at least a half dozen times and had a great experience every time. LOVE the fact I can reserve the seats I prefer, watch a current movie, get a great burger AND enjoy an adult beverage all while sitting in comfortable seats and no -I'm not doing so at home where I have to cook and clean up afterwards. Yep... this is my kind of place!

Visited January 2014