“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Stanley, North Carolina, United States
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. They took two historic buildings and built a hotel into them. Many of the rooms and common areas have exposed bricks or beams in them. I had a room on the main floor--really high ceilings, a ceiling fan, kitchen. Nicely appointed, modern. Really nice furniture throughout. The staff couldn't be nicer. Even the valet parkers were really great. Breakfast was just okay. Overall a really great experience!!

Room Tip: Get a main floor room...no view, but really high ceilings and very convenient.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Homewood Suites. If this is typical, this business traveler is a convert! This one is in the heart of the walkable downtown near the convention center, in a rehabbed historic warehouse. Though my room was the basic level, it was a suite that must have been 50' long, with 10 ft ceilings. ROOMY! Full kitchen with normal sized fridge. They provided not just coffee and tea, but microwave popcorn in the room. Watching the Red Sox will the series, with pop corn in a comfy bed -- bliss. Room comes with an excellent hot breakfast (eggs, waffles, cereal, fruit, etc) AND dinner. Yep, on the early side (5-7PM), but a light dinner every night. Valet parking is $24 night. Stayed in Homewood the next night in Philadelphia and valet parking was $10.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here over 30 nights and quite a lot recently. Location and the hotel itself are hard to beat and the rooms are spacious and beautiful with exposed brick and hardwoods. There is a little street noise but it never bothered me and the bkfst/dinner was good (hey it's free). You are walking distance to everything in downtown Indy and can have room service from the bar next door which is cool.

Complaints are simple - service isn't great and is unfortunately getting worse...GM of this place needs to do some training as it is in a downward trend. This is for the cleaning staff, the valet crew and the front desk. The elevator is very slow and there is only one in the front so build in 5 more minutes into your travel time. The valet is expensive for Indy at $24 per night and while they guys are courteous and try to help they need to do more for the price and tip (eg help bring bags in and out of the hotel, be ready with carts for bags, don't mess with the seats and radio of the cars you valet etc).

It's my place to stay in the City, 2 years ago I would have said it's the best hotel in Indy but not any more. Happy to do a review in a month if it improves.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hwsplainfield, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First, thank you for being a loyal customer and staying with us for over 30 nights.

I also want to thank you for providing us with some valuable feedback. We are working hard each day to improve our service and provide our guest with a warm, clean and inviting environment. I will share your comments with my team and will use them during our daily training huddles as a means to refocus our efforts. Your honesty is welcomed and much appreciated! Should your travels bring you back to our wonderful city, we hope to be your continued hotel of choice.

Best regards,

san francisco, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The hotel is in a renovated old building downtown and it turned out to be very hip and enjoyable. the rooms are extra large with very high ceilings which leads to an amazing sense of space. The only complaint is that the window was a little small however the value for money more than made up for it. Great location if you need to be downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Amazing hotel with high ceilings, full kitchens, comfortable beds, etc. The checkin was smooth and the rooms were available early for us. This is our go-to hotel when we are headed to Indy. Right in the middle of the action with restaurants, bars, and shopping all around. So far they have never disappointed. Valet is only option for parking and the staff was courteous and professional. When I called for car, it was there unexpectantly quick. The only downside is the cost of valet at $24 (plus tips). There is a lot across the street to self park for $15 (not sure about how safe the car would be with the crowds on the weekends). Thank you again for another great stay!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Meridian Ave. offer great natural light and good views from huge windows. Some ha...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I really do love this hotel; have stayed here multiple times over the years, mostly for the Colts games. Great location. Most of the other reviews are correct; you realy do get a mix of experiences. For this Denver match up, Homewood really kicked up the prices. I get it, supply and demand, but with higher prices come higher customer expectations.

The front desk staff, in person or on phone, lack customer service skills - they always have. Lobby is awesome, breakfast is bland and rooms have great character. However, if you're going to charge anything north of 200.00 a night you have to do your end to esnure I get my monies worth.

The sink was clogged, 2 requests for a fix with zero response. The bathroom floors were filthy with hair and other 'unknown' particles. Small kitchenette raised some concerns with cleanliness, but after seeing the bathroom floor you have to wonder what "shortcuts" were taken with the cleaning and sanitizing.

Suggestions: it has been over 5 years since my first visit and your customer service still lacks any quality. If your folks hate working there replace them. Who's checking the cleanliness of the rooms? Put in place a random check policy to keep staff at their best. I can't criticize the breakfast simply because it's a bonus. I just dont eat it.

Again,if you're going to charge luxury level prices for your rooms then I expect a higher level of service, cleanliness and upkeep. There are now a few more hotels in the area, and this experience with you all has motivated me to shop my money. Best of luck to you all.

I give this visit a YUM YUM out of 5 YUMS.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from street side to help with noise. Still bring some ear plugs or a sleeping m...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
hwsplainfield, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Indianapolis Downtown Hotel; "your home away from home."

Thank you taking the time to provide us with this honest feedback. I would like to personally apologize for the many inconsistancies in service, that you experienced during your most recent stay with us. This is not the level of service that our hotel is proud of or has become known for. I will share your feedback with my team and will use it during our retraining efforts so that we may sharpen our focus. It is my hope that we're able to regain your confidence in the near future!

Best regards,

new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Overpriced at $269 per night! Breakfast served on foam plates and palstic untensils. Toliet clogged constanly. Pool out of order. Maid didnt clean our room. Suites are nice sized. For the price, this place did not meet my expectations. Breakfast staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear valued guest,

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Eugene Hilliard CHA

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown? Share your experiences!