“Nice place. Would go back.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points
Ranked #7 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Laguna Beach, California
“Nice place. Would go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I just finished a weeklong stay here and enjoyed it thoroughly. The staff was incredibly polite and welcoming. The building is a historic-type building that has been completely overhauled and modernized. I found it to be as comfortable and well appointed as and Hilton, Marriott, or Conrad. The brick walls made for great insulation. So much so, I almost didn't wake up one morning. :)

The location is perfect too. Just a short walk to everything downtown. I would absolutely come here again. The only thing that is a bit steep is the valet. At $24/night, it is a bit steep. But it is worth it when you come out in the morning and the car is already warm inside.

Room Tip: A room ending in 02 are the larger rooms. Floors 1-4 have the higher ceilings.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
Malvern, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel property has character which exceeded my expectations. Interior brick walls in the hallways and rooms, along with wooden support beams are very interesting and add a unique feel to this property. Please note that my 4th floor room (there are only 5 floors) faced south into the view of another building; so there is no view and thus very little light. I believe there are a few rooms which face west onto Meridian Street. I have no complaints regarding the room; bed was comfortable, shower water pressure was excellent. Despite the nighttime temperatures dipping near 30F, there was no need to turn on the heating system; the 4th floor location and construction of the building insulated the room very well. I did not hear any outside noise as a few other reviewers noted. However, as also mentioned by another reviewer, I did experience the strange, mechanical noise that seemed to coming from inside the room. It only occurred once; in the morning. Had no problem with the car valet; took only five minutes for my car to arrive. The hotel is close to numerous sports and entertainment venues. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very clean, great central location you can easily walk to many local pubs and great restaurants. Indy is one of the country's best kept secrets unbelievable value excellent hotels, pubs, restaurants, and convention space. This location offers huge extra clean rooms, great staff all at very fair prices book it if you can get it. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Suites are huge bring friends!
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We liked this hotel.

The location was great, very close to Lucas Oil Stadium and also to shopping and restaurants. It's in a beautiful old building. We had a one bedroom suite which was very spacious. Be aware that there is no door between the living area and the bedroom. We didn't care but it may be inconvenient for a family. The shower was nice with great water pressure. The room came with something rare for hotels that we stay in, a hair dryer that worked well instead of one of those awful attached to the wall types. The bed was comfortable. Heating was nice and quiet, although with the high ceilings you need to put the tempature up more than you would expect. Breakfast was fine, the half grapefuits were much appreciated. The hot foods were mediocre. Staff was very helpful and welcoming.

Being that the hotel is in prime nightlife area it can be very noisy at night. We were on the 4th floor overlooking an air shaft and we could hear music and people shouting until the bars closed. We also heard the garbage pickup the first morning. It was not a problem for us since I never travel without ear plugs but it is something to be aware of.

We travel to Indy yearly and usually stay elsewhere but we will probably return to this hotel next year.

One additional note: I booked the hotel several months in advance and on the day we were arriving I discovered a much lower rate. I called and was able to get the rate lowered at a substantial savings.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Tried a lot of different hotels but this one is definitely the best in term of value vs price
complimentary breakfast , big suites rooms very clean with large flat screen , food and drinks after work too , why pay more ! adopted for next trips

WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am a HIlton Diamond member who travels extensively (43 stays to date this year) and have never felt a need/desire to right a review before (my first ever on this site or any other) but my experience at this property was poor to the extent that I felt it necessary to share that experience. First the good...this is a nice property with large rooms/suites which are well appointed. The bad starts with the noise in the room (alerted front desk and was told there was nothing that could be done) primarily from the live band stage that is located in close proximity to the property. This wasn't just a faint noise this was LOUD music for hours (I believe 5 to 9pm at the very least but I left the room as it was intolerable...I discovered that "concerts" are scheduled regularly on this stage and this was one of them. There is also a constant "drone" in the room I was in that sounds like a running semi or air conditioner heater??? My most disappointing experience was primarily service related and even more troubling was the response from the management team to that poor experience. The main issue was the with the valet service (see previous recent review from another customer RE a joy ride etc.). I rarely drive to my destinations and thus rarely use valet services but there are very few if any other overnight options at this hotel. The main issue was having my car available at teh requested time BOTH days (the first day was bad enough, the same carelessness two days in a row is completely unacceptable). I called ahead 30 minutes plus both days and both days when I got to the lobby. Ultimately, these delays caused me to be late for my initial meeting and almost for my second day meeting. The culture at this property from the managment person I spoke to on down was one of excuses and deflection of responsibility. The manager who responded to my situation wanted to focus on the fact I told one of his valet attendants he was a smart a__ because....he was a smart a__ who was condescending in his attitude and didn't seem to care less that their poor internal communication and or processes put me in a postion where my business may have been negatively impacted. After talking with the manaement later that day I understand why (i.e. the mindset of no repsonsibility and deflection started at the top). In the end not only can't I recommend this property but I would highly advise that anyone spending time in downtown Indianapolis for business or pleasure look to one of the other numerous choices of fine competatively priced properties in this same area. There is no excuse for poor cusotomer service that is repeated the second day and deflected by management. This would be a "terrible" rating if not for the quality (appointment/amenitites/decorating) of the rooms.

Room Tip: Look to the many other options available in downtown Indianapolis. There is significant room capacit...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hwsplainfield, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with the valet have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area.

Eugene Hilliard CHA, CRDE
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Came to town for daughters birthday. Great experience right from the start. Arrived early and were able to get right into our room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the room, super high ceilings and lots of space. Very clean also. Walked everywhere we wanted to go and staff gave several great recommendations for food and nightlife. I would stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown? Share your experiences!