“Great Hotel , great service , great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points
Ranked #7 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Brussels, Belgium
“Great Hotel , great service , great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Tried a lot of different hotels but this one is definitely the best in term of value vs price
complimentary breakfast , big suites rooms very clean with large flat screen , food and drinks after work too , why pay more ! adopted for next trips

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am a HIlton Diamond member who travels extensively (43 stays to date this year) and have never felt a need/desire to right a review before (my first ever on this site or any other) but my experience at this property was poor to the extent that I felt it necessary to share that experience. First the good...this is a nice property with large rooms/suites which are well appointed. The bad starts with the noise in the room (alerted front desk and was told there was nothing that could be done) primarily from the live band stage that is located in close proximity to the property. This wasn't just a faint noise this was LOUD music for hours (I believe 5 to 9pm at the very least but I left the room as it was intolerable...I discovered that "concerts" are scheduled regularly on this stage and this was one of them. There is also a constant "drone" in the room I was in that sounds like a running semi or air conditioner heater??? My most disappointing experience was primarily service related and even more troubling was the response from the management team to that poor experience. The main issue was the with the valet service (see previous recent review from another customer RE a joy ride etc.). I rarely drive to my destinations and thus rarely use valet services but there are very few if any other overnight options at this hotel. The main issue was having my car available at teh requested time BOTH days (the first day was bad enough, the same carelessness two days in a row is completely unacceptable). I called ahead 30 minutes plus both days and both days when I got to the lobby. Ultimately, these delays caused me to be late for my initial meeting and almost for my second day meeting. The culture at this property from the managment person I spoke to on down was one of excuses and deflection of responsibility. The manager who responded to my situation wanted to focus on the fact I told one of his valet attendants he was a smart a__ because....he was a smart a__ who was condescending in his attitude and didn't seem to care less that their poor internal communication and or processes put me in a postion where my business may have been negatively impacted. After talking with the manaement later that day I understand why (i.e. the mindset of no repsonsibility and deflection started at the top). In the end not only can't I recommend this property but I would highly advise that anyone spending time in downtown Indianapolis for business or pleasure look to one of the other numerous choices of fine competatively priced properties in this same area. There is no excuse for poor cusotomer service that is repeated the second day and deflected by management. This would be a "terrible" rating if not for the quality (appointment/amenitites/decorating) of the rooms.

Room Tip: Look to the many other options available in downtown Indianapolis. There is significant room capacit...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hwsplainfield, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with the valet have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area.

Eugene Hilliard CHA, CRDE
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Came to town for daughters birthday. Great experience right from the start. Arrived early and were able to get right into our room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the room, super high ceilings and lots of space. Very clean also. Walked everywhere we wanted to go and staff gave several great recommendations for food and nightlife. I would stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Oy my first night, but I am SO impressed. I love the old rooms, high ceilings and free dinner and drinks so far. On the buffet tonite - salad bar, Salisbury steak, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, mashed potatoes, roll and butter, gravy. Cheese squares. A Craft beer on tap plus Chardonnay or merlot. Water, lemonade, tea or coffee. All as much as you want included in the price of your room!!! Cool lobby too. Hangin out watching election tv. Ehhhh.

• Stayed November 2012
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Everyone at this hotel are professional, helpful, and very nice! The Valet is exceptional, the Front Desk employee's are very helpful, and extremely nice. The rooms are so worth the price. There is a frig, microwave, dishwasher, coffee pot, couch, Flat screen TV. The bedroom has a desk, computer chair, another flat screen TV, the bed(s) are the Most Comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel! They serve a great breakfast each morning with excellent choices. Mon-Thurs they serve a free supper which was outstanding! They also offer Beer, and wine for free with dinner. I was very impressed with this hotel. I know we all hate business trips, but I hope they have them more often in Indianapolis, so I can come stay here more often. Oh, I failed to mention... our driver that took us to our meetings each day was the BEST! He had a good personality, extremely nice, and very professional! If you are debating on a hotel to stay at and really want a TOP NOTCH stay.... Homewood Suites is the answer! Worth the money!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed a great weekend stay at Homewood Suites on Meridian in downtown Indianapolis. The hotel is conveniently located and very clean. Staff were friendly,helpful and nice. The room was comfortable and very spacious. It was a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a weekend NFL game. Hotel was full, but staff was excellent. Main elevator was a little slow, but never too bad. The location to Lucas Oil and downtown was great. Very walkable city with many restaurants and bars. If you are going to anyone under 21, please note that some bars and restaurants will not allow them in the establishment at all. Parking is valet, which we used the night before the game. We then move the car to the lot across the street in the morning before the game for ease of exist after the game.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown? Share your experiences!