“This place is a NIGHTMARE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3525 North Shadeland Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46226 (Formerly Sunrise Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #163 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“This place is a NIGHTMARE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Rodeway Inn does not employ trained and professional people. My mom was told to leave the room at 4:00a after arriving at midnite. The staff at the FD was incompetent and did not know what she was doing. The AM FD told me that she could only call the Managers if there was a fire. No Help whatsoever and kept smiling and saying Im Sorry for Her ignorance and my troubles and Inconvenience. This place is a JOKE.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

The value is there, but I'm sorry I put my family through this...What a joke. The suite (yes, suite size) was indeed roomy, but furniture of a very tacky decor, outdated, and obviously in need of a major renovation (or wrecking ball). The heater unit was noisy and blew air directly on us while sleeping. The shock was the "continental breakfast"..at 7:45 AM we and another travelling family were incredulously greeted with...huh... an empty breakfast cubicle. I mean... like there was one banana there. When we gently inquired with the receptionist she seemed flustered, and hurriedly rushed to a locked closet and handed the 6 of us packaged muffins and offered milk from the desk food shop for "free". We passed. And will pass this Rodeway Inn next time when travelling through this area. But "ahem" ...good price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Wapakoneta, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

I reserved a non-smoking room for 3 nights and was given a room that reeked of smoke, had an ashtray and burns on the furniture. I told the staff there must be some mistake but they insisted it was a non-smoking room but did move me to another room that was less smelly but had and ash tray and burns, yet again. There are no non-smoking rooms in this hotel. So if this is an issue with you avoid this place. Also there were other issues. The property was very run down with no air-conditioning in common areas such as lobby, halls, breakfast area. Breakfast was another issue. It consisted of some juice or coffee and some really old bagels. The second day we skipped it entirely, not worth getting up for. My friend's room didn't even have a television!!! I know Econo Lodge is a budget hotel but I've stayed at far more inexpensive places and had a fine experience. There is no excuse for this place.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2006

Don't be fooled by the pictures! When we arrived we found an empty "heated indoor pool". We were told the pool was "broken" and would not be repaired since it would cost $30,000. There was no mention of this when we booked the reservations.
The rooms were dirty, complete with hair on the bedsheets! The bath was disgusting - mold & dirt! Woke up the next morning to find we had no water. The Management stated they had a broken water line and there was no water in the entire hotel; This was probably a blessing in disguise since taking a shower there would have been worse than none at all. We immediately left the hotel without so much as an apology for all the inconvenience.
We were in town for a Race Event and booked the rooms with several others so we basically had no other option for the night. Otherwise, we would have never stayed!

• Stayed September 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

Please Note: This hotel has once again changed names. It now goes by Sunrise Hotel! Since we have been going to this hotel it has went from Quailty Inn...to Shadeland Inn...to Econo Lodge East...to now the Sunrise Hotel.

On, Sept. 10, 2005, we have stayed at this hotel as it has went through many name/owner changes. We go with a large group every September for a race. We fill up nearly the entire hotel. This year I had read the reviews and went against my better judgement and went ahead and made our reservations one month prior to our trip. I reguested a pool side room since the pool is in doors...that was not a problem. When we checked in...they had lost my reservation, I had my confirmation number so they had to give me the price I had been given and not the new jacked up price they tried to give me. Our room was not ready so we had to come back in 2 hours...so we did. When I picked up my room key at the front desk I was pointed to a sign that told me that the pool was CLOSED for renovations. (why wasn't I told this when I made my reservations? I would not have paid more for this room!) The room itself was not as bad as I expected after reading the reviews....until I went into the bathroom (which was not until mearly midnight)! OH MY GOD...The shower was nothing more than a wall of MOLD...at base of the tub the cover was about 2-3 inches to small, the toilet was pulled out away from the wall by about 5-6 inches. I wish we would have went into the restroom when we first arrived and dropped off our belongings...we would have just left then! We got back to our room at nearly midnight. We needed to at least rince off and brush our teeth, go to the restroom...normal things any family would expect to do in a hotel room. Well not without WATER! That is right...no water! I went down to the front desk...I was told that they had to turn it off for a minute but that would have it back on within 45 minutes. So we brushed out teeth with a bottle a water we had with us and went to bed. The next morning I got up first...went to the rest room and once again NO WATER! When we complain to the front desk again...we were told that they were sorry and that there was a leak. Not to be rude but honestly that is not my problem and I paid for a room with water and didn't get one. I want my money back!!! I was told it was out of their control. Don't do the same thing I did and blow off these reviews...it will save you more than money! While I have gotton NO where with the hotel in trying to retrieve my money, I have posted this review, contacted the BBB, contacted the Indiana Fire Marshall, my local televesion stations "Troubleshooter", I have written a letter to the hotel in care of the Owner/Operator, Have written the Indiana State Dept. of health, and plan to still write letters to the editors of every Indianapolis newspaper.
I have a big mouth...and I aint affraid to use it! I am sure I will cost them far more in loss of business than if they would have just gave me my money back!
Just say no to this hotel...what ever name it is going to go to next!

• Stayed September 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

me and my husband stay here for the brickyard 500. i read some of the reviews online so i called to see if they had made improvements i was told that they did. when we arrived the lobby was nice but that was the only thing we we got into our rooms there had not been clean the floor was dirty and the mattress on the bed was stained brown the sheets and bed cover was also stained. we found 2 used condom rappers under the beds. i would not recommend this place at all we ended up leaving and going somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2005

This has to be the worst hotel in the world. The outside is very deceiving. We were there in April, 2005.

Our hotel room was disgusting and in disrepair. The plumbing in the bathroom was backwards - when we ran the shower, the water ran all over the bathroom floor. The vent and all other metal surfaces were rusted. The wood was peeling. The tub was moldy and gross.

The front desk was SO not accomodating. I asked for extra pillows which the manager himself said he'd bring to our room in 30 minutes. He never did. I went back an hour later and the manager was gone and the front desk clerk told me he didn't have a key so I couldn't get any pillows. HUH?? Customer service??

Then, there was a party happening in the pool area RIGHT OUTSIDE our hotel room - I mean, literally on the other side of the patio doors. There was drinking, loud music and clanging beer bottles. We could not sleep. I had to call the front desk (starting at 12:30am) FOUR TIMES to get the security guard to take care of it. We heard the drunk partyers laughing and swearing at the guard. We have two young children - we were literally scared that these people would come and find us. It was frightening.

We will NEVER stay there again and highly recommend you don't either.

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!