“Fantastic Hotel by far!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Indianapolis

You added Conrad Indianapolis to your Saves list
Conrad Indianapolis
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Upgrade/Breakfast on Us!
Ranked #3 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
New York
“Fantastic Hotel by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I used trip advisor to help me pick this hotel and they were right again! Staff nice, helpful. Room clean, bed soft, walls quiet, bathroom great. Location right across from the mall and next to great restaurants. I ate at the Oceanaire seafood two blocks away. The Capitol Grille is in the hotel and was great. I travel a lot and this place was great. If you are not part of Hilton Honors then sign up. I got two free breakfast coupons at check in. I will always stay here in Indy and if the Conrads are all like this I am there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

The room was fabulous!
I didn't want to leave my room.
The staff was fabulous!
Every single staff member greeted me and wished me a nice stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Ok, this was our second (my third) stay @ the Conrad. This hotel is #1 at spoiling their guests. We stayed for my birthday, and went back on Valentine's Day weekend.

The Valet and Concierge were 100% focused on us- hand and foot.
The Concierge team is bar none the best. When we arrived, there was an Artisian Cheese Plate and Sparkling Juice (chilling) in our room. The Cheese plate retailing at $35, was complimentary due to the hullabaloo I went through to get a room. They fetched us a second bottle from a nearby store, just to satistfy us.

The one issue we had was handled within 10 Minutes. Our HDTV bulb had bust, and as soon as I called down, 10 minutes later, two very personable handymen came up, and promptly and replaced it. He said they are upgrading all the television sets and the manager "donated" hers from her suite (FIRST CLASS!!!!)

The in room dining delivery lady was a sweetie pie. We ordered I know at least $40 in Bread pudding (which is Mark's fave!!!! And now mine...)

Quite frankly, they made my very first official Valentine's Day one I'll remember for a lifetime!

Ok, for the con....since I waited to book, we weren't able to get our typical corner suite- so, we were wedged between a very sensually noisy couple. That's it.

*We loved it so much, we got keepsake umbrellas.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We attended Conrad's Easter Brunch this year, and were deeply disappointed
-very dirty heavily stained table cloth from earlier sittings
- bland, unimaginative foods
- stale/dry/mushy food that's been sitting out for 24 hours probably
- And to boot, after charging $50 per adult (which we knew would be the price), they added a $20 "service charge" to our bill. For just two people!! Service was good, and I would probably have left a 15% tip, but adding a mandatory $20 charge (for a buffet)?? This mandatory charge was not mentioned anywhere by the way, not in advertising, not at the entrance, not by the table, nowhere. It just appeared on our check.

Having had Easter brunches at hotels all over the country, this was by FAR the worst, and grossly overpriced with a large unadvertised mandatory service charge to boot. I'm happy to pay $50-60 for an Easter brunch, or even more, but not for what the Conrad offered. Deeply disappointing, really put a damper on our Easter Day.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

My one-night stay at the Conrad was pleasant: My room on the ninth floor was very comfortable and attractive, and reasonably quiet. I appreciated the complimentary high-speed internet connection, and the service was fine. Apart from a minor issue - some spillover of water from the shower onto the bathroom floor- I did not experience any of the negatives noted by some reviewers, who were either exceedingly demanding or experienced what sounded like rare mishaps. I did not use the spa or business center, or dine at the hotel, and so cannot comment about those services. I would certainly consider the Conrad on a future visit to Indianapolis, though I don't know whether this place would be the best value for my money. As a business traveler eligible for corporate rates, I heard of attractive sounding deals at other downtown hotels with good reputations.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

On a weekday night in January, I paid a fraction of the posted price. For that I got one of the nicest hotel rooms in downtown Indianapolis. Very comfortable, great service. Only quibble I would make is that the room was overcrowded with furniture. Are the five different chairs (desk chair, arm chair, upholstered chair, love seat, bench at foot of bed) really necessary? I banged my hip on corner of desk in middle of night because there were too many chairs in the way!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

The service was incredible. I somehow forgot to grab my carry on bag when I disembarked and only realized it when I arrived at the hotel. I was mortified and had no time to go back to the airport to retrieve it. The concierge quickly and miraculously called the airline and had their driver who was near the airport pick-up my bag. This not only would have taken me hours but the hassle of dealing with this would have been horrible. I came back from my meeting to find my luggage in my room. Now, this is service and above and beyond.

The hotel was lovely on every level. Loved the really interesting shower heads.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — The waitress automatically poured bottled water when I requested water.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Conrad Indianapolis? Share your experiences!