“Easter Brunch: Terribly disappointing. Bad food, dirty tablecloths.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Indianapolis

You added Conrad Indianapolis to your Saves list
Conrad Indianapolis
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Upgrade/Breakfast on Us!
Ranked #3 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Bloomington, IN
“Easter Brunch: Terribly disappointing. Bad food, dirty tablecloths.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We attended Conrad's Easter Brunch this year, and were deeply disappointed
-very dirty heavily stained table cloth from earlier sittings
- bland, unimaginative foods
- stale/dry/mushy food that's been sitting out for 24 hours probably
- And to boot, after charging $50 per adult (which we knew would be the price), they added a $20 "service charge" to our bill. For just two people!! Service was good, and I would probably have left a 15% tip, but adding a mandatory $20 charge (for a buffet)?? This mandatory charge was not mentioned anywhere by the way, not in advertising, not at the entrance, not by the table, nowhere. It just appeared on our check.

Having had Easter brunches at hotels all over the country, this was by FAR the worst, and grossly overpriced with a large unadvertised mandatory service charge to boot. I'm happy to pay $50-60 for an Easter brunch, or even more, but not for what the Conrad offered. Deeply disappointing, really put a damper on our Easter Day.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

My one-night stay at the Conrad was pleasant: My room on the ninth floor was very comfortable and attractive, and reasonably quiet. I appreciated the complimentary high-speed internet connection, and the service was fine. Apart from a minor issue - some spillover of water from the shower onto the bathroom floor- I did not experience any of the negatives noted by some reviewers, who were either exceedingly demanding or experienced what sounded like rare mishaps. I did not use the spa or business center, or dine at the hotel, and so cannot comment about those services. I would certainly consider the Conrad on a future visit to Indianapolis, though I don't know whether this place would be the best value for my money. As a business traveler eligible for corporate rates, I heard of attractive sounding deals at other downtown hotels with good reputations.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

On a weekday night in January, I paid a fraction of the posted price. For that I got one of the nicest hotel rooms in downtown Indianapolis. Very comfortable, great service. Only quibble I would make is that the room was overcrowded with furniture. Are the five different chairs (desk chair, arm chair, upholstered chair, love seat, bench at foot of bed) really necessary? I banged my hip on corner of desk in middle of night because there were too many chairs in the way!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

The service was incredible. I somehow forgot to grab my carry on bag when I disembarked and only realized it when I arrived at the hotel. I was mortified and had no time to go back to the airport to retrieve it. The concierge quickly and miraculously called the airline and had their driver who was near the airport pick-up my bag. This not only would have taken me hours but the hassle of dealing with this would have been horrible. I came back from my meeting to find my luggage in my room. Now, this is service and above and beyond.

The hotel was lovely on every level. Loved the really interesting shower heads.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — The waitress automatically poured bottled water when I requested water.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

Stayed here for a wedding and it is a very nice hotel, the Staff was very friendly and check in was a breeze. The only complaint we had was getting our room cleaned on the Saturday before the wedding.
We went out shopping at 9:00 and asked that our room be done as we had the wedding at 6:00 and had to get ready. We returned at 1:00 and the room wasn't done yet, asked again about getting the room cleaned and were told "No problem", returned at 3:00 and still wasn't done. I wanted to have a nap before the wedding but that was out, after we asked a 3rd time the room was done at 4:30, so we had time for a shower and got dressed and had to be downstairs for the wedding, so much for my nap.
Other than this annoyance, the Hotel is very nice and the rooms very large and modern, my wife & I both found the bed to be harder than what we are accoustomed to at the Hilton chain and we were up early because of it (hence the need for a nap).
We would stay here again as it's located right downtown, a block from Ruth Chris (dinner on Friday night) and the Circle Mall is connected via a walkway on the 2nd floor.

• Liked — Right downtown (location)
  • Disliked — Lack of Housekeeping Staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
northwest indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights Jan. 9-11,2009 with our two children. Where do I start? Everything was wonderful. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. No wait to check in. As a Gold Hilton Honors member, I asked for a room upgrade and was upgraded to a King Corner Suite. We were also given vouchers for complimentary continental breakfast each morning. The lobby is warm and inviting and you can access both restaurants off the lobby upon entering. We were given a room on the 6th floor which is the same level as the pool/fitness center/and spa which was very convenient. The room itself was fabulous. You enter through a door that takes you to a small area with a guest room to the right and the suite door directly ahead. Upon entering, there is a small hallway with a half bath. The living room area is set up nicely with a sofa, 2 arm chairs and a desk area. Both the bedroom and the living room have huge plasma screen tvs. We had a great view of the city and the artgarden. The bedroom has a comfy king bed and another small loveseat. A nice touch are the small reading lamps that come out of the wall on either side of the bed. They also make a great nightlight. The best was that each bathroom had a small plasma screen tv. Great for catching the news in the morning while we were getting ready. The full bathroom also has a dual head shower and a deep soaking tub bath. And unlike the Embassy Suites next door, you control the temperature of the room. Both the bedroom and living room have thermostats. Our last stay in Indy was at the Embassy in November and I remember being miserable both nights because the room was so hot. There are robes and slippers provided in the closet and a complimentary umbrella next to the door for use during your stay. The pool was very clean and quiet. Larger and warmer than most hotels we have stayed with. The hot tub was very large and very clean as well. There are padded lounge chairs around the pool and bottles of water are provided. We did not use the spa or fitness center, but both looked nice as well. The hotel was quiet and we never saw more than 4-5 other people at the pool area while we were there. We ordered room service the first night, the service was quick and the food was great. Continental breakfast was in Vitesse restaurant. The selection was quite good and consisted of oatmeal, several types of pastries and croissants, yogurt, cereals, bagels, toast and fresh fruit consisting of watermelon (suprisingly good considering it is off season), raspberries, and strawberries. There were also apples and oranges available. Coffee, tea and orange juice are brought by the server. The service was excellent. We forgot to get an additional voucher for our children,but each morning the server took care of it for us. The hotel offers valet parking for $32.00, but we chose to park ourselves. The Embassy Suites garage charges $20.00 a day and you can take the walkway from the Embassy over to the Artsgarden and enter the Conrad from there. There is also street parking, but we did not feel safe parking our vehicle on the street. All in all a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. I can't believe this hotel is not rated #1. Except when we travel to Orlando, we only stay with the Hilton brand. Out of all the hotels we have stayed at, this hotel takes care of their VIP's better than any of them. We used to stay at the Embassy Suites next door, but after a bad experience there and the wonderful experience we had at the Corad, there is no question where we will stay upon our next trip to Indy. If you are looking for a first class hotel close to everything, this is the perfect hotel. We are already looking forward to our return trip in March.

• Liked — Everything!! Flatscreen tvs in the bathroom and huge plasmas in the other rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing, everything was fabulous!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

A very comfortable hotel, service is world class. You will feel a difference when you stay here. The artwork in rooms and common areas make the hotel feel less like a hotel, a little less industrial than most. Highly recommended. Capital Grille is in the hotel, so if you like steak this is an outstanding place for dinner. Breakfast is terrific too, no need to leave hotel for that. HIghly recommended.

• Liked — Gracious service
  • Disliked — Shower leaked out on floor, making it wet
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Conrad Indianapolis? Share your experiences!