We stayed here for 2 nights Jan. 9-11,2009 with our two children. Where do I start? Everything was wonderful. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. No wait to check in. As a Gold Hilton Honors member, I asked for a room upgrade and was upgraded to a King Corner Suite. We were also given vouchers for complimentary continental breakfast each morning. The lobby is warm and inviting and you can access both restaurants off the lobby upon entering. We were given a room on the 6th floor which is the same level as the pool/fitness center/and spa which was very convenient. The room itself was fabulous. You enter through a door that takes you to a small area with a guest room to the right and the suite door directly ahead. Upon entering, there is a small hallway with a half bath. The living room area is set up nicely with a sofa, 2 arm chairs and a desk area. Both the bedroom and the living room have huge plasma screen tvs. We had a great view of the city and the artgarden. The bedroom has a comfy king bed and another small loveseat. A nice touch are the small reading lamps that come out of the wall on either side of the bed. They also make a great nightlight. The best was that each bathroom had a small plasma screen tv. Great for catching the news in the morning while we were getting ready. The full bathroom also has a dual head shower and a deep soaking tub bath. And unlike the Embassy Suites next door, you control the temperature of the room. Both the bedroom and living room have thermostats. Our last stay in Indy was at the Embassy in November and I remember being miserable both nights because the room was so hot. There are robes and slippers provided in the closet and a complimentary umbrella next to the door for use during your stay. The pool was very clean and quiet. Larger and warmer than most hotels we have stayed with. The hot tub was very large and very clean as well. There are padded lounge chairs around the pool and bottles of water are provided. We did not use the spa or fitness center, but both looked nice as well. The hotel was quiet and we never saw more than 4-5 other people at the pool area while we were there. We ordered room service the first night, the service was quick and the food was great. Continental breakfast was in Vitesse restaurant. The selection was quite good and consisted of oatmeal, several types of pastries and croissants, yogurt, cereals, bagels, toast and fresh fruit consisting of watermelon (suprisingly good considering it is off season), raspberries, and strawberries. There were also apples and oranges available. Coffee, tea and orange juice are brought by the server. The service was excellent. We forgot to get an additional voucher for our children,but each morning the server took care of it for us. The hotel offers valet parking for $32.00, but we chose to park ourselves. The Embassy Suites garage charges $20.00 a day and you can take the walkway from the Embassy over to the Artsgarden and enter the Conrad from there. There is also street parking, but we did not feel safe parking our vehicle on the street. All in all a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. I can't believe this hotel is not rated #1. Except when we travel to Orlando, we only stay with the Hilton brand. Out of all the hotels we have stayed at, this hotel takes care of their VIP's better than any of them. We used to stay at the Embassy Suites next door, but after a bad experience there and the wonderful experience we had at the Corad, there is no question where we will stay upon our next trip to Indy. If you are looking for a first class hotel close to everything, this is the perfect hotel. We are already looking forward to our return trip in March.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Indianapolis Hotel
- Conrad Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Conrad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Conrad Indianapolis Luxury Hotel.The Conrad Indianapolis hotel in downtown Indianapolis is a destination that connects you with an innovative guest experience unmatched by other Indianapolis hotels. Located at the most prominent intersection in Indianapolis, a skybridge provides an uninterrupted path from our Indianapolis luxury hotel's ballroom and meeting rooms to the Artsgarden, Circle Centre Mall and the Indiana Convention Center. Our 23-story tower boasts 241 guest rooms, 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, a rejuvenating wellness center with a state-of-the-art fitness centre and pool, and two entrancing restaurants. Fine dining options at our luxury hotel in Indianapolis include The Capital Grille, with outstanding culinary delights served in an intimate dining experience, and Tastings, a wine bar experience that uses progressive wine technology for guests to enjoy wines by the taste, glass or bottle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Conrad Indianapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.