“Nice but not as fancy as I expected ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Indianapolis

Save Saved
You added Conrad Indianapolis to your Saves list
Conrad Indianapolis
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Upgrade/Breakfast on Us!
Ranked #3 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Nice but not as fancy as I expected ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed for a girls night out. Clean room. Polite staff. Great location. We could walk to everything downtown. Beautiful spa and pool located on the sixth floor. Great wine bar and restaurant downstairs. I would stay here again we were also given a teacher discounted rate which was very nice.

Stayed August 2014
ConradIndyManager, General Manager at Conrad Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Autumn. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our exclusive Government & Teacher Appreciation rate this summer!

It sounds like you were able to enjoy much of downtown Indianapolis’ incredible offerings. We hope to welcome you back to the Conrad and exceed your expectations in the future!

Greg.Tinsley@conradhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Zionsville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I must preface this review by saying that I have not stayed at the property. I called today to buy a gift certificate for my parents so that they could stay. I was transferred four times and put on hold for 15 minutes after being promised it would be just "1 second!" I also called yesterday and was told I needed to talk to the concierge, but she was unavailable. I left a message and I was promised a call back. I never got a call. Needless to say I was unimpressed with a hotel that is supposed to be one of the premier locations in Indianapolis. I finally hung up disgusted and called The Alexander who knew immediately that they could sell me a gift certificate and had me all taken care of in under five minutes. A hotel of this class should really have stellar service from beginning to end, starting with the very first call. Time to step it up Conrad.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, Allison. We truly value your comments, as this is the number one way to enhance the guest experience.

We strive for flawless service delivery at our hotel and regret that we were not able to provide you with that service during your recent gift certificate inquiry. Please know that this situation is being discussed internally, in order to ensure a successful and simple purchase process.

If you wish to discuss this situation in further detail, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. We hope to have an opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel was extremely luxurious and comfortable. The rooms were in like new condition and the staff did a great job of making us feel welcome every time we spoke with them. I would not hesitate to stay here in the future. Great location in downtown Indianapolis.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

ConradIndyManager, General Manager at Conrad Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that our amenities and team members made your stay so memorable.

Please let me know the next time you head back to the Circle City. We look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Indianapolis!

Bagdad, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel was everything you would imagine. The experience I had with the service was sub-par. I indicated to the staff some things I wanted as a result of upgrading to the "Romance Package". None was executed. Turn down service amounted to dropping a bottle of champagne on the counter while I was showering and neglecting to leave all the other amenities and pluses promised with this particular upgrade.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, Seth. Please know that this is not the type of memorable service we wish to provide our guests during their stay at Conrad Indianapolis. We work hard to ensure a seamless experience with each of our packages and will discuss this situation internally in order to ensure continued success.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you are interested in discussing your experience in further detail. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to Conrad Indianapolis and exceed your expectations in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This Hilton has a beautiful art collection throughout the hotel and the 2nd floor is really a wonderful art gallery. One of the most lovely collections of visual art! But what made this art experience so exceptional was the artistic way they serve banquet dinners. The hotel taught their servers the traditional art of the Russian two-plate ceremony which is a beautiful choreographed presentation of food that is a treat for all! Recently stayed at the Indianapolis Conrad for an eduction conference and all the participants could talk about was how incredible the Russian serving choreograph was! A team of energetic and graceful servers come to each table, surround it in a poised and warm embrace with the plates held high in a halo around the guests. They move in a graceful choreographed dance of their arms as the plates glide above the diners and then, in unison, the servers artfully cross their arms and graciously place the plates in a crisscross motion, serving each guest. It is much more beautiful to experience than to read this description, as any choreography looses the fluidity in words. Amazing to watch as each table is served. Conversation stops. The room erupts in applause. Then when the severs approach your table you feel warmed by this most gracious and welcoming circle of smiling faces who are so proud to serve you! Wish the team would teach other Hilton this incredible art. As an education leader who attends hundreds of banquet dinners in hotels around the world (albeit not yet in Russia), I can't think of any better way to treat banquet guests. The food was delicious and beautifully plated too. But that is expected in Hiltons. There is a secret sauce at this Conrad and it should be spread to the rest of the Hilton chain as a way to establish their flagship hospitality to the next level!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am elated to hear that our unique offerings and signature service made your stay such a memorable one. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with the opportunity to immerse themselves in an incredible collection of world-class and regional works through our program, A Fine Art Experience at the Conrad.

Please let me know the next time you plan on heading back to Indianapolis. I would love to set up a tour of our collection with one of our 24 trained Art Ambassadors. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad and yet again exceeding your expectations!

KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great location for educational travel with kids. Tour Indiana Statehouse, Monument Circle, Indianapolis Children's Museum, Indianapolis Zoo. Hotel is attached to a shopping mall. There are resturants in the hotel as well as several good places on the street. St. Elmo's Steakhouse is pricey but very good. There are also fast food places like Steak & Shake, California Pizza Kitchen and Panera Bread Co.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for writing a review detailing your recent stay with us, Rob! I am elated to hear you enjoyed your family vacation here in the Circle City.

It sounds like you were able to experience many of our city’s outstanding family-oriented attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Indianapolis in the future!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Recently stayed at The Conrad for a few days for a business trip. Staff was very friendly and room was very nice. Hotel is centrally located and easy to walk to nearby attractions. Can't wait to the next time I am in town so I can stay at The Conrad.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Rob. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent business trip.

We look forward to making the Conrad your home away from home here in the Circle City!

Greg.Tinsley@conradhotels.com

Been to Conrad Indianapolis? Share your experiences!