“HIgh Quality in the Heart of Downtown Indianapolis” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Indianapolis

You added Conrad Indianapolis to your Saves list
Conrad Indianapolis
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, IL
“HIgh Quality in the Heart of Downtown Indianapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

High quality hotel, very well appointed, good workout facility. Expect to pay $200 per night (yes, that is likely more expensive than most places in Indy). Near good restaurants and across the street from the downtown mall. Outstanding location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

What makes the the Conrad Indianapolis special? The rooms are extremely quiet and the location can't be beat. The Conrad is not a five-star service experience. The valet and doorman system can be surprisingly slow and we've never had a particularly warm front desk experience. But we have been told that they typically do not book large "groups" here, making it the perfect place to stay when cheerleading or other conventions are in town and you want a hushed oasis. Bedding and towels are luxurious making it difficult to get up in the morning. Gym and pool are just fine and usually empty. Bring your shoes - we love the free shoe shines. Breakfast is weirdly at the Capital Grille next door. We love to stay here -- just don't expect the service to 'wow' you. Oh, and if the NBA is in town, you will probably spot a few players in the lobby.

Room Tip: All rooms seems to be quiet. We've never been upgraded beyond the standard room here.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my first stay in a Conrad and probably my last. I found hotel very overrated for price. Small rooms and staff that was not particularly engaged. Very small and loud lobby. Spent two hours in business center because of a printer that was several years old and could not easily print out a 30 page document. Computers were so old it could not connect some of the time. The room itself was very clean and tastefully decorated. I did like that the restricted access to all floors via keycard. Hilton has some nice properties, some in their lower lines, but for a upper tier chain I found this a big disappointment. The other hotels next to the property had more services, closer proximity to parking and were cheaper.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
conradindy, General Manager at Conrad Indianapolis, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for the impersonal experience you had with our staff. We truly pride ourselves on our warmth and compassion for our guests, so to hear this is extremely disappointing.

I'm also very sorry about the trouble you had with our business center, but am excited to announce that we will be replacing our current systems with brand new and state-of-the-art equipment in the coming months. We also agree that this area of the hotel could use improvement and are confident that the new equipment will better serve our guests' needs.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Indy and the Conrad in the near future.

Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel provided plenty of courteous service as well as helped us with direction upon our departure and made sure we had everything we needed. The staff took our needs into account and made the effort to help when we needed it not when it was convenient to them. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again in the future. Also, the in-room dining was amazing. The food was still steaming warm when it got to out room and was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Morristown, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Perhaps I just have vaulted expectations. I travel about five months out of the year and stay in a variety of hotel properties. Most of these are mid-range to 4-star level, including many Hilton properties. My travels took me last week to Indy and the Conrad - rated as "the best hotel in Indiana" and a five year winner of a Conde Nast award.
I was sadly disappointed. The furnishings - from the carpet to light fixtures, bathrooms to in-room were all pretty standard - nothing dazzling, extraordinary or "luxurious". The amenities disappointed, the staff disappointed and overall i would not recommend this hotel for a luxury experience.
Lets start from the top. I was not greeted at the cab or assisted with luggage. The check-in time was the longest I have had in over a year. In addition, the room I had reserved was "not clean yet" and I had to be moved to a twin bed option. I was not greeted by name or even a mention of my Diamond HHonors status with Hilton. I was not told of any complimentary options, either wireless internet, executive privileges, etc.
The room when i arrived was comfortable and clean - but as I said, nothing spectacular.
On the plus side - the bed was great. Fresh linens, very comfortable, and soft.
There was a large flat-screen television - however most channels, including CNN, were not HD and the mounting of the television made it impossible to see anywhere in the room except the bed. I like to work at the desk and watch television and this was not a luxury afforded at this property.
At first I thought I was being charged 13.95 per day for internet service PER DEVICE until I called and was told it was only a one day fee per room for up to four devices. In other Hilton properties internet is free for HHonors diamond members. But it really didn't matter because the internet was TERRIBLE. Every time I closed my ipad or iphone I had to reconnect through the login page. And the speed was very slow.
The staff, although competent and available did not seem to enjoy their jobs very much. This was especially true of the banquet staff. I observed one server on two different days many times - and she never smiled once. Her interactions with the clients was perfunctory and she honestly seemed to be bored.
Our group ate breakfast in the Capital Grille and the food was fine for hotel fair. But we were all squeezed into small high boy tables and with multiple plates this was very uncomfortable.
A colleague of mine said on the second day that his room was not cleaned until after 7:00pm and even then housekeeping left full trash cans and beer bottles.
I visited tastings - the wine bar -each night and was stunned by the lack of quality service. The bartender acted bored and annoyed. I was never greeted by any of the servers either with a smile or a welcome. The wine selection was fabulous. And the bar itself is a very nice environment.
When I checked out my folio was not ready and I had to ask for a print out.

As i said at the beginning - perhaps my expectations are too high. But when a brand uses phrases like "The Luxury of Being Yourself" and proports to be a 5-star and above experience it had better deliver. I'm not saying have a butler in every room and fine china for dining. But I do think a friendly staff that makes the customer feel special is a must. And simply being on par with other lesser-rated hotels should be a given.
If you want a nice, quality 3-star hotel - The Conrad is fine. But "luxury" it is not.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
conradindy, General Manager at Conrad Indianapolis, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing details of your stay with us. I am very disappointed in the inconsistencies you experienced during your visit, especially as a Diamond Member of Hilton. We pride ourselves on recognizing and greeting our loyal guests with a warm welcome and flawless service. I sincerely apologize for under delivering on all accounts.

Because we want to ensure a comfortable experience for all guests, I appreciate your feedback regarding our internet service and television and assure you that we are looking into the issues.

Thank you again for detailed and honest feedback. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Conrad and exceed your expectations the second time around.

Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed with my parents for 1 night last weekend. We upgraded to a two bedroom suite at check-in and was pleased with the cleanliness and appearance of the rooms. The man at the desk said we could prop open the doors to each room since there was an outer door that you had to open before getting to the the two bedroom doors. We tried to do this, but we didn't have anything to wedge open the doors, which was annoying. We tried using the umbrella stand but the door kept closing. My dad ended up going across the street to a bar to get some work done since they charge you $15 for wireless internet. We asked for a wake-up call on Sunday morning but it was never provided. Luckily we had set our alarms as a backup. About 15 minutes after the time we requested a wake up call, the security officer came to our room and said that they had been trying to call us but we had not picked up our phone. We explained to the officer that there must be something wrong with the phone since it had not rung. At check-out, the receptionist seemed to have a chip on his shoulder and didn't smile or even thank us for staying with them. The positive parts of this stay is that the spa is top-notch and the art work throughout the hotel is beautiful. We enjoyed the "Tastings" wine bar concept as well. We have stayed at the JW Marriott in the past and their service seems to be much better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
conradindy, General Manager at Conrad Indianapolis, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the inconsistencies you experienced with your wake up call. I assure you that we are looking into the problem to ensure all phones are functioning appropriately. As for the poor service you experienced with our front desk associate, there is no excuse. We take great care to emphasize the importance of warm, intuitive and personalized service with each guest and I am truly sorry for the impersonal interaction. Thank you for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Indy and to Conrad again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent Valentine's day/eve here and this hotel is hard to beat. The chandelier in the foyer is amazing (it has gold leaf running through the glass, which explains the $1.2 million price tag for it!), the staff was on point and the rooms were fantastic. The beds were super comfy, the wine bar downstairs had a very cool vibe, it's connected to Centre Mall (if you like shopping) via a skywalk and overlooks the sleek centre round-about of Monument Circle. If there was a detraction it was that the high-speed internet wasn't all that speedy. Then again, it wasn't the internet that I wanted to connect with on Valentine's day ;)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Conrad Indianapolis? Share your experiences!