“Stay away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Indianapolis

You added Conrad Indianapolis to your Saves list
Conrad Indianapolis
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Upgrade/Breakfast on Us!
Ranked #3 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Winnetka, Illinois
“Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights while my husband had serious surgery at Methodist hospital. I had so many problems with this hotel.

1. Requested internet service in my room. Did not work.
2. The valet lost my keys, they had the wrong name on the key chain. took at least a half an hour to find them. I was trying to get to the hospital and had added stress, which I didn't need. They insisted on comping me the valet charge but I was credited for only two nights.
3. Room service food was awful. The soup was ice cold, the "filet mignon" looked like a piece of meat cut from a cheaper cut, it was square. It was chewy and cold. It was supposed to have a wild mushroom sauce but there was only about a teaspoon of brown gravy with no mushrooms. No vegetables, and the fries were "al dente.". Certainly not worth the 44.00 charged for the meat dish.
4. My safe broke one morning as I was getting ready for a trip to see my huband at the hospital. My code no longer worked. The security person was very nice and fixed it, but just another problem.
5. The same morning I took a bath and the tub drain did not work. i was left with a tub full of water. It was fixed, but....
6. The day my husband was released we stayed at thehotel so he could rest before our trip home. My key card would not work on the elevator. So I had to sit my husband down while I went to the front desk. I had requested another night but according to their records, I was already checked out. So they finally found my info and had to give me new key cards. He did not apologize. I started to tell him all of the problems I was having, but he cut me off saying, "At least you weren't charged for the valet.". Not wanting to upset my husband, I let it go.
7. On my bill they charged me for two days of valet service.
8. After an email to the hotel as well as to the hilton honors explaining what had happened I hav heard back from them, not a word of apology.

So much for a "luxury" hotel.
absolutely no apol

Room Tip: There is no good room as far as I'm concerned.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

gotr spoilt at the Conrad, our next detination seemed awful, but maybe it was becuase Conrad was so nice. Hard to define what was good, the rooms certainly were well appointed, its more that everything ran smoothly, no fuss, no drama and any request made was dealt with quickly and efficiently. Yes maybe a big pricey, but every now and again you deserve a treat. Breakfast was in adjoing restuarant, but there were plenty of other oprions within 2 min walk if a cheaper and less formal dining experience was wanted.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

After my recent visit to the wonderful city of Indy, I felt compelled to share my amazing 5 star experience at the Conrad Indianapolis. From the moment I entered the hotel, until the last moment upon departure--my entire experience was simply perfect. Every member of the staff I encountered is on point, extremely professional and an absolute joy. This year alone, I will spend around 100 nights in hotels all over the world--the Conrad Indianapolis ranks at the top of my list. The hotel is also filled with an incredible collection of original art, and a very knowledgable team. I can't wait until I return again, and based upon my experience am certainly inclined to put other Conrad properties on my list to explore!!! Thanks Conrad Indy!

Michael H. Kiwi Arts Group

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite, they are wonderful!!!
Montgomery, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We've stayed here numerous times in the past couple of years and still love it. The room and facilities are all deluxe class. The hotel staff on this trip seems confused and took a inordinate amount of time to complete mundane tasks. The only exception was outstanding response when using the "Guest Service" button on the phone. Still like the property, but Hilton Honors raising the points required from 40,000 to 50,000 pe freer night is not justified in my opinion.

It still is Indianapolis' best, but it's no Waldorf-Astoria either.

Room Tip: Avoid any room ending in "24". On lower floors, you'll have no view and the actual be...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had two stays at this hotel this year and enjoyed each one very much. Ideal location. Service that cannot be beat. Capital Grill next door that is always great. Very high class and worth the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I attend a major trade event in Indianapolis every April and have stayed at the Conrad Hotel every year since it first opened its doors. Why I have never left a review on this site before I do not know but this year and all other previous years have one thing in common. The hotel is fantastic and what maes a great hotel is the people that work there. I could write for ages about the quality of the Conrad but all I really want to say is that if ever you get the chance to stay there, do so. It is not the cheapest hotel by any means but I am a firm believer in the old saying "you get what you pay for". Every single member of staff from the General Manager to the cleaners that clean and turn down your room make you feel so extremely welcome. The whole hotel is buzzing with friendliness and professionalism. As entioned before, I have stayed since the Conrad opened its doors. I am recognised by my name and there is never anything too much that they can do for you. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the facilities are second to none I could go on and on. A big thank you must go to Jeff Rossier who is director of front office who has been making the stay from initial reservation to check out an absolute dream. A big thank you must also of course go to every single member of the great team that make the Conrad such a dream. I'll most certainly be back again next year and the year after and the year after etc etc.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

Overall I had a very pleasant stay at the Conrad. Front desk service is excellent, guest rooms are beautifully decorated and the on-site wine bar is a welcome change from the typical hotel sports bar.

There are a few glitches-first and foremost is the wireless Internet. While it was included in my rate, it is quite pricey. I also travelled only with my iPad and connectivity was terrible. I was required to log on every 10-15 minutes during use. I was told at the front desk it is a known issue with Apple products.

Housekeeping was also good but stingy on refreshing items such as toiletries and sugar / creamer for coffee. I also agree with an earlier reviewer - the room service menu is exceedingly expensive. My pasta with marinara - no meat - was $24.

Perhaps the most comical but annoying glitch is the elevators. You are required to insert your hotel key card and then press your floor. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not. I bumped into many travelers taking unwanted trips in the wrong direction or to the wrong floor despite having inserted their hotel key.

I definitely recommend the hotel - would love to see the glitches fixed prior to my next stay.

Stayed April 2012

Been to Conrad Indianapolis? Share your experiences!