“Back again, and even better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Indianapolis

You added Conrad Indianapolis to your Saves list
Conrad Indianapolis
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Upgrade/Breakfast on Us!
Ranked #3 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Louisville
“Back again, and even better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was here back in November. In spite of it being a busy weekend in Indy, (Cheerleading competition), they upgraded me to a corner suite. 4 tvs! 2 baths , a large bedroom with a large sitting room. I was in town with my 9 year old for a swim meet. Because of the hotel, it was actually a relaxing weekend. The service here is phenomenal

This time we used the spa for a manicure and it is beautiful, all Aveda products. The service, again, is great

Shopping is nearby at the circle centre (across the street), and you do not even need to go outside...there are heated crossways everywhere.

I will go to the swim meet anytime, if I get to stay at the CONRAD

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

The Conrad is in a perfect location, right downtown attached to the Circle Arts Centre/Mall, a few blocks from the Entertainment District, and very close to everything else in this compact city.
I really enjoyed the fact that there was so much right within the hotel grounds. I could walk through the 2nd Floor of the Hotel into the mall, to the food court, downstairs to restaurants both casual and upper class such as Panara Bread or Ruth's Chris Steakhouse; cinema, and everything else downtown Indianapolis has to offer.
I saw both standard rooms and a corner suite. The standard room was just that- small and basic and clean. The corner suite which I ended up staying in was very nice, large entrance way to the living room and guest washrom, followed by a large master bedroom and comfortable en suite bathroom with shower and tub.
I expected the tub to be larger in such a suite, possibly even a jacuzzi. Not so.
It was decorated finely and felt more like a condo living space.
I ordered room service twice: for dinner and breakfast. All other meals I went into the mall or restaurants downstairs or outside. The dinner was a Kobe Burger which was delicious-however the bun was not. The service was extremely friendly which made up for a crappy bun I wasn't going to stress over.
The breakfast was great- lots of added touches.
I did not visit the fitness center or pool so cannot comment.
Really enjoyed the locale of the hotel and all the things to do within a short walk (or even covered walk inside).
There was some confusion with the bill at the end of the stay which could have been handled better, and the guest services agent was not being proactive to get a manager to sort out the issues he did not know how to fix.
Hailing a taxi was interesting as 3 door men stood around chatting and it took way too long to get my taxi to the airport.
Otherwise, had a great friendly stay at The Conrad.

Room Tip: The price of the suite is really worth it. I stay at 5 star hotels most often and this room could g...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Stayed here New Years Eve. Service was great and room was nice. I thought valet parking should be included when the room cost what is does but it was an additional $33 for overnight.

North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Recently stayed here for a business trip. This has been my favorite hotel.
Quick check in, nice room, beautiful view of the city.Beds were super comfy, shower had a massage option. I've looked for other hotels to stay at, but the convenience always draws me back here.
Will stay here again for sure

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Great staff, smaller but clean rooms.

I have stayed here a few times and have never had an issue.

One of my children had a cold and when I looked for the hotel store, the staff asked what I needed, ran to the store and came back with it. Simply wonderful.

The Capital Grill for breakfast in the lobby was great as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor - views are limited.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

It was my 30th wedding anniversary, and since my husband had a discount at his Firm, we chose to stay at the Four Star Conrad in Indianapolis. The room was clean and terrifically decorated and equipped; the marble bathroom was “die for” but after an engineer came up to fix our television, every time the occupants of the next room slammed their heavy room door, the TV flicked off. At 10:00 p.m. we retired for the evening. Around 11:40 PM, I was awakened by the loud party next to our room. Their door would open, someone would shriek like a banshee, music would boom out, and lots of loud voices and laughter could be heard. I’d fall back to sleep. Then, another guest would show up, same thing. The coup de grace was when a loud male voice announced (in a non-smoking hotel -- 17th Floor that is) that he needed a lighter to light his cigarette. I stumbled to the phone and called the front desk (Conrad Services). The obsequious voice at the other end said he would send Security, which he did. The Security man talked to the twenty-something young woman who registered the room; she had 8 or more people partying with her as guests. As soon as Security left, same thing. My husband woke up and went to the phone and complained. Security came up again; told the party next to us to be quiet. As soon as he would leave, the noise would start again. After the second visit from Security, the music next door was no longer audible, but the talking and laughing and shouting got all the louder. My husband swears he also heard noise coming from another party a couple of rooms to the left of our room. For all we know, there could have been people moving between the parties in the two rooms. There was an outer security door in the hallway, separating our room and the room to the right (containing most of the party noise) from the rest of the guest rooms on our west end of the 17th floor. One of the partygoers decided to shut that security door (which needed a guest room pass card or a key to open), so we were essentially locked in with this going on next to our room. Each time Security came up, the security man would unlock that security door and prop it back open, and 5 or 10 minutes later, one of the partyers would shut it again. One of the guests came out, shouting, “I’m leaving. Give me your elevator pass card.” My husband called the front desk again. He said the noise was intolerable. More people arrived looking for the party; my husband, standing at the door’s peephole in his undershorts, saw two of them. A thirtyish man in a black suit, holding the necks of two bottles of champagne in one hand, was loudly looking for the party. On the fourth call, the man at Conrad Security assures us that the party was being moved to the 2nd floor (Why they did not do this to begin with is a mystery). As the party left, my husband counted ten people walking out, one carrying a chest-size cooler and another one a boom box. The front desk was checking their room inventory because he said there was no guarantee that there wouldn’t be loud noise when these people returned to their room. My husband hung up. So, at about 1:15 A.M., as we were getting ready to pack up and possibly check out and drive 76 miles home, the phone rang. It was the front desk. We were told that a bellman was coming right up to move us to a different room, on a different floor. Of course, the bellman could not reach our room because the partygoers had shut that security door again on their way out. Do you know what it is like to repack your belongings to go to a different room in the middle of the night? For this nightmare, our stay was free of charge, and we were given two breakfast vouchers worth twenty dollars for the Capital Grille. And, mind you, a breakfast including two eggs over easy cost fourteen dollars, and a 3-egg omelet was $12 or $13. For a top hotel like the Conrad, a reputation for incomparable customer service is the most important asset. We were grateful to be “comped” for the room instead of being charged, but why did it take 4 calls and more than 90 minutes to reach a solution to this party noise problem? To sum up, a four- or five-star hotel doesn’t mean you are not going to be put in a room next to folks with total lack of manners and respect for others. I think a Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn would have been better. At least, I could have called the Police. P.S. When I needed coffee, the coffee machine in the second room didn't work.

Room Tip: Ask not to be placed near a potential party site.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

By far this is the best hotel in Indy, probably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. Make sure to get a package deal that has your valet, breakfast (at Capital Grille!), and gift card to Tastings (wine bar). The fitness room is terrific and well stocked with towels, water, fruit, and ear buds (for those who forgotten them...like me). This is a a great place for romance. I would highly recommend to anyone! I like the security added feature that you can't get up the elevator until you scan your card and each person who selects another floor has to scan their card as well.

Room Tip: Get a room on an uppper floor and overlook Monument circle.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Conrad Indianapolis? Share your experiences!