“Always a great option for our family to stay at!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Corbin, Kentucky
“Always a great option for our family to stay at!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

My wife and I usually choose to stay here when coming back to our hometown of Indianapolis for a long weekend. It is a very clean and quiet hotel. The hot tub is great and our kids love the indoor pool...although it is on the chilly side, but not too bad. During this trip there was a large group staying there for a wedding. We never would have known it. At one point 12 kids, including our two, were in the pool and there was still plenty of room for more to have joined. At 10pm the hotel asks that the kids leave the pool so that adults can enjoy the indoor pool/hot tub area in a kid free environment. At first I was put off a little since our kids are too young to leave alone, but the husband side of me can see how nice and relaxing that could be. I'll enjoy that in a couple years when we stay there. The staff from the desk to the breakfast area are very friendly and helpful. Free cookies and USA Today in the lobby is nice, as are the red apples they have out there in the mornings. Breakfast was awesome. Waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, bagels, muffins, toast, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, juices, coffee and milk were all available this past weekend while we were there. The location is right off of I-465 on the southwest side of Indianapolis. For those not from Indianapolis, I-465 makes a big circle around the outer edge of Indy. You can't get lost. There are plenty of exits on I465 to get you to shopping, sports and other places. This hotel is close enough for you to enjoy all of Indy, but far enough out of the traffic and inner city so you can relax. If this hotel had fridge/microwaves in the rooms it would be a 5 out of 5 for a week long stay, but it is near perfect as it is. Don't hesitate staying here if you want a clean, quiet hotel with a nice pool and free internet access with a wonderful breakfast! And try the frozen custard at the Culvers restaurant that is in front of the hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
CountryInnDOS, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport South, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We truly appreciate it. I'm so happy to see that your family had a great time. Our indoor heated pool is very popular with people of all ages. I apologize that the temperature was not to your liking, however, it may be that the pool was slightly cold due to water recently being added to the pool. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stayed here a week ago on a Thursday night. We had a very early flight and live a considerable distance from the airport so we Pricelined an Indianapolis Airport location hotel and wound up with Country Inn and Suites.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. We needed a King Size bed and were told upon check-in (6pm or so) they were all filled up. That seems to be the Priceline customer answer at hotels these days, but after a little prodding the front desk agent upgraded us to a suite, which had a King sized bed. The only restaurant that is walking distance is Culver's, but there are several restaurants that you can order for delivery from the hotel. Our room was very clean (still smells new) as well as the bathroom. Plenty of towels, etc... The suite is a large room with a pull-out couch, desk, and mini-fridge. The TV is CRT, which is a little disappointing for how new the place is, but then again this is no Westin or Hyatt. The pool and hot tub looked nice, but we didn't try them. The fireplace in the lobby gave the hotel a bit of a "homey" feel. Unfortunately, we left before breakfast, but the hotel provided a "To Go" bag which was a very nice touch. The hotel shuttle was prompt and the driver was polite. We called the hotel once back in Indianapolis and again, the shuttle was very prompt.

The hotel does charge $5 a day for parking if you leave your car while out of town (as we did). Kind of a rip-off as none of the other hotels around the airport in the 2 1/2 star category charge for parking. But, other than that, the hotel is very nice.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We truly appreciate it. I'm very glad that your experience was positive and that you recognized the cleanlieness of our hotel as well as the convenience to the Indianapolis Airport. In regards to the cost of parking, I suggest booking our park and fly rate which includes your room, shuttle service to and from the airport, and up to 14 days of free parking. Also, we completely understand that you were turned off by our television sets. Good news though! Our new ownership has just ordered beautiful new flat screen televisions and they will be delivered and installed within these next few weeks. We hope to see you again very soon!
West Chester, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

The first night was horrible. Our reservation was misfiled under the wrong name, but after convincing the clerk that we were indeed at the right hotel, he found it. We had a great internet deal for $55 per night. Later that evening the fire alarm went off because someone burned their popcorn in the lobby. Next, we found that the bathroom exhaust fan did not work at all. The heater/AC unit also did not work. It was 80F inside and 30F outside. We could open a window, but since the highway on-ramp was 50 yards from the room, the noise was unbelievable. The next morning, we requested a room change and were told they were filled, but they would look into fixing everything in the room. The housekeeping supervisor intervened (Bless Her) and upgraded us to a suite. We've never had so many problems in one room.

The rest of the stay was quite nice. The hotel was clean and well maintained (except for the first room). The suite had 2 queen beds, plus a small sitting area. It was on the even room number side, so noise was negligible. The pool was clean, but very cold the first night. It got progressively warmer each additional night, so kids were increasingly happy. Breakfast was well stocked and very good with the typical Country Inn fare.

Bottom line is request an even numbered room if you think traffic noise will be a problem. Quickly check the mechanics before unpacking so you don't have to spend a hot, noisy night with the faint smell of burnt popcorn. They had trip advisor signs all over the hotel, so management may want to make sure that the room is useable before renting it. A "terrible" rating would be unfair, a "very good" hotel will respond to problems, and an "excellent" hotel avoids the problems.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
CountryInnDirOfSales, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport South, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
We apologize for the issues you had with your stay. The fire alarm going off was an isolated incident that rarely ever happens at our hotel. If at any time you are unsatisfied with a room, please let us know and we will move you immediately based on availability. We apologize for the mechanical issues in your room and all of those issues have been taken care of by our maintenance staff. We hope you will join us again in the future. Please feel free to contact the management as well, directly, so that we can attend to your issues and make it right as soon as possible. Myself and my General Manager always put customer satisfaction first and we are always here to help in any way that we can. Again, that you for your honesty.
Warsaw, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Don't trust them with your vehicle for a park-n-fly! I left my company truck with them in their "secure, video surveillance lot" only to have my truck stolen and the General Manager tell me it was at my own risk. And by the way come to find out they don't actually video record anything with their surveillance cameras...they just watch the video screen every so often per chance they see something. They had me register my truck when I left it, so I asked for a copy of the registration log, "We don't keep those...we don't have it any more"...Duh! Why bother. They were stumbling all over themselves not knowing what to do, giving excuses the whole time. VERY unprofessional!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
While this customer's incident was unfortunate, we did everything in our power to help this customer when he told us about what happend. Parking at our hotel is park at your own risk. While we had some issues with our survelliance equipment that we were unaware of, everything is fixed now and fully recording all areas of the hotel including the parking lot. As per hotel protocol, we notified the police immediately and the proper course of action was taken. This has never happened in the entire history of our hotel. This was an isolated incident and as a hotel staff, we are all looking out for one another and for our guests. All proper copies of official paper work was given to the customer. The registration card is official paperwork that we use to verify information, and that paperwork was given to the customer for his insurance. Again, we apologize for this unfortunate event and made ourselves completely available to this person to help him with anything he needed.
Princeton, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I used Hotels.com to find a hotel for my brief stay in Indy, and searched for something with good reviews, a "safe" location, and an easy-in/easy-out location. I found it.
The hotel is very nice. The room is quite nice (I'll be checking out in a few minutes), with free wifi, a HOT shower, and easily accessible electrical plug-ins (I travel with an extension cord for my laptop and cell phone charger since most plug-ins are HIDDEN in hotels). The bed has lots of little pillows, but they do squish down and aren't as fluffy as I would have liked.
This location is near the highway, but the noise isn't a problem (but then, I live a block away from a train track).
Once I found the road, it is easy to access the hotel, but please realize that the street is missing the street sign. The clerk told me that someone had crashed into it, and the city had not yet replaced the sign. The road appears more like a drive for the nearby gas station.
The hot tub and pool are wonderful and CLEAN. Most hot tubs seem a bit disreputable and don't have powerful jets, but this one was relaxing. The pool was on the cool side of comfortable but quite refreshing after boiling myself in the hot tub.
Service is excellent. The staff are friendly and efficient.
Breakfast is nice, better than I give myself at home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
KEOKUK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

manager was awesome, went out of his way to accomodate us; the room was better than any we have ever had; I want to take the bed home with us; rooms were very quiet-never knew anyone else was in the building; the water in the shower was the right temperature; the room was neither hot not cold - just right; breakfast was great, plenty of food and choices; coffee was delicious - best I've ever had; could not smell clorine from the pool WOW I would like to live here!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
silver spring,md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

The staff is excellent. Everyone is helpful, nice and pleasant. The breakfast was great. The person taking care of it was on top of everything and worked hard to keep the food coming and tables clean too. Which at times was hard as the place was full every night. They also have a nice business center and pool. We took advanage of it everyday. WE had a wonderful stay and would surely stay there again if we are in the area. Also it was very quiet at night too. There are also places to walk to for dinner. Which is always nice.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport South? Share your experiences!