“Awful, Awful, Awful!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 83 attractions in Indianapolis
Type: Water Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Gather up your little squirts and jump into a 50,000 square foot tropical explosion of year round water fun where you'll find an island full of squirts, sprays, slides and surprises. No matter the season, it's alway summery inside Caribbean Cove Hotel & Water Park. Drift lazily around the park on our leisure river. Relax in our spas or explore Castaway Bay Interactive Island. Then hold on tight for the ride of your life on two 40-feet tall by more than 267-feet long aqua whiz tube slides. These slides shoot guests outside the water park, around the building and back inside the park... before final splashdown into the plunge pool. The not-so-faint-of-heart can climb aboard the 40-feet tall x 388-feet long super flume slide sending them spiraling throughout the park. It is pulse-pounding excitement for those who dare! In between all of the splishing and splashing, discover lots of fun at Crazy CoCo's Arcade, Calypso Cafe and Caribbean Cove Hotel's separate indoor recreation center featuring billiards and a putting green. Make a BIG splash or make a little splash, Caribbean Cove Hotel & Water Park offers plenty of splashtacular fun for guests of all ages!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Normal, Illinois
“Awful, Awful, Awful!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Upon arriving to this deserted, ran down hotel our expectations were moderate, as I've read some of the reviews, however I thought I'd give the hotel (and their staff) the benefit of the doubt. I was seriously wrong....after checking in we headed up to our room. The room is in desperate need of updating as it is dirty and dingy, but yet I kept optimistic. My husband walks into the bathroom and shuts the door only to have the ceiling come crashing down on top of his head!!!! Thank goodness that wasn't a child underneath it!!! We are then moved to a room that we had to "pull up on the handle" to get it to open...?!?! The bed was as comfortable as a 30+ yr old bed could be and our new room's heating unit was so loud that it kept us up all night long! I would strongly URGE people to avoid this ran down MOTEL if at all possible!!! Super 8 is right across the street, I would recommend that over this hotel!

Visited March 2013
CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your thoughts. We are an older hotel and are in the process of making updates to our rooms. It is a long process and since your stay we have made many improvements and added extra amenities to our rooms. We take great pride in providing clean comfortable rooms for all our guests and hope that you will come visit us again. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about our hotel. Thank you!

Fairfield, Ohio
“The kids enjoyed it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I read the reviews prior to my stay here.. I was scared! I had the living socilal deal so I said I'll risk it. There was a small line, most were complaints of double booking rooms or sending ppl to room that house keeping hasn't touched. My check in was smooth and my room was ready for my stay. I can say that the front desk staff need to learn professionalism. The waterpark was okay. They need some major updates. The slides leak at the seams whick means something is loose.. HAZARD! The "arcade" is a joke. Half the games didn't work and none gave tickets to shop at the prize counter. The place wouldn't be so crowded if the actually monitor the ppl coming in. The life guards were attentive for the most part. The elevators could use some mopping. The steps in the waterpark could use a weekly scrubbing. These little things could improve the overall stay for some. If I had paid regular price for my stay I would have been PISSED!! But for what I paid I was happy and so were the kids.

Gaston, IN
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Arrived 2 hours ahead of check in time and given passes to water park. That was Great! Waited through a 25 min line to get room and was told rooms were not ready. I had made reservation 3 weeks earlier on 2/17/13 for the night of 3/9/13. I told them it was after 4 pm and I was not waiting through this line again. When I made reservations I asked for rooms to be together they were not, again, I mentioned it to the manager and the girl who was taking care of us no response from the manager or the young girl who was helping me. Our room had 4 lamps and 2 did not work 1 of them had no light bulb. I was told someone would bring light bulbs in 20 mins. When we checked out on 3/10/13 no one ever arrived with light bulbs and we only had 2 working lamps. Our room had no comforter, not enough lights, and no one cared I had made previous reservations with instructions for our rooms to be together. I WILL NEVER GO AGAIN NO ONE KNEW THEIR JOBS.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for you response. We did have major issues that weekend and many upset guests. Because our hotel operating system was down it did cause a long delay in checkins and it took extra staff to cover many areas due to everything being run manual. We deeply apologize and want you to know this is not the service our hotel is known for. We do our best to take care of our many guests each weekend and give them the service they deserve. Since your stay all issues have been correct and hope that you will come back and see for yourself.
neoga
“Very Disappointed!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

First of all....It took almost 45 minutes to check in (even though we had reservations)!! The rooms were ok. The stairways were disgusting. The waterpark was way to overcrowded. There were not enough tubes for all the people they let in. The floors in the motel and waterpark enterance were gross! The one vending machine that they have would not take coins. They did not have a change machine in the building. The coffee pot did not work nor did the hair dryer. We ordered pizza per their special and ended up paying over 40 bucks for 3 people. The did not have any personal/small or medium pizzas so we had to get 2 large pizzas. We also got breadsticks and I had to go back 2x to get them because they gave mine away. I waited a total of 40 minutes for our food and they promised me 10 minutes!! We will never stay at this motel again. Dont waste your money!!

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your response. As you are aware of, we had many technical issues that weekend that caused our staff to take on more rolls and cover more areas. Also, we had a huge increase in reservations during spring break and we were not properly supplied for such a large amount of guests. We have corrected all technical issues and stocked up on water park tubes and towels. We are very sorry for the problems you had during your stay and want you to know we have address those issues and ensure you that they will not happen again. We are in the long process of making updates to all areas of our hotel and would love for you to come back and see the changes.
from Cincy
“not bad, they are working on things”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

took our 5 year old for a Saturday night stay... as others noted, check in is difficult but they brought out cookies and lemonade... they struggle to get rooms ready by 4 but allow you to use waterpark whenever you arrive so it worked out
room was clean, sports bar great, free breakfast was nice and quick
lifeguards do an excellent job watching everyone
they really need to update and fix up changing rooms in atrium
For the living social deal I got, I would return