“Nice place for lunch” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Elbow Room Pub & Deli
605 N Pennsylvania St, Indianapolis, IN 46204-1310 (Downtown Indianapolis)
317-635-3354
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Nice place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We ate here twice while in Indianapolis. There is a varied menu and daily special. Many things sounded good including vegetarian items. The food was very good. I would not hesitate to go here again for lunch.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Indianapolis, Indiana
“ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Elbow Room has been around for a long time in Indy.

It is difficult to give an overall rating to this restaurant because there are so many positives. The food was quite good and the beer selection is also quite good.

However..............last night the service was VERY SLOW and unorganized.

Would suggest that you have plenty of time when you go there.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Can't complain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We got a flat tire and the guy from the Goodyear place recommended it to us. I got a bison burger and it was pretty good. Laid back atmosphere and everybody was friendly.

Terre Haute, Indiana
“Point Well Made”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was a pre-Valentine date. I was confused by the mixed reviews I had read on TA & other sites, even to the point of almost nixing going to the Elbow Room at all. However, my husband had been here years ago & liked it. Also, my daughter said that her in-laws enjoyed sitting in the upper section of the restaurant, mostly in the warmer weather, for the view of downtown Indy activities, as well as the food. So, I modified my thinking.
We went for an early dinner, around 5PM. At that time we had our choice of tables. By 6PM it was filling up; this was on a Thurs. We chose the window at the point of the building on the main level. Our waiter, Jeff, told us what beers were on tap, & knew where they had been brewed. He brought out selections back quickly, & gave us more time to decide what to order. He kept an eye on us, & when we put our menus down, he came by to take our order. My husband had the fish & chips, & I had the breaded tenderloin sandwich. Each came with two sides.
The foods are tavern foods, but for Indy all was reasonably priced. For four beers plus our food, it was @ $45 before the tip.
The service was attentive, but not pushy. I am glad that our meal was not greasy or dry. All was fine. It is one of those places where people find friends & have a nice time. I would go back to the Elbow Room.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Food poisoning :-(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Held a company lunch in the upper room which is a great spot for the view and decor was nice. The food tasted good, but more than half of our office has food poisoning from this meal. Not sure exactly what food item caused it but it's unfortunate that a good time is now overshadowed by food poisoning. I have been violently ill for almost 24 hours now. The server was nice and tried to meet all our needs but she needed some assistance so our cups went unfilled a few times. I just don't see me going back to the elbow room after this.