“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

One American Square; 36th Floor, Indianapolis, IN 46282
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Skyline Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #286 of 1,990 restaurants in Indianapolis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ohio & Illinois
Pendleton, Indiana
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband & I dined @ Skyline Club the weekend following Valentines's Day. I was pretty excited since the place looked great on the website, and neither of us had been there before. I had reservations already made at Capital Grille until a friend was telling me about Skyline Club. After a little research, I was convinced to cancel my previous reservations and go with it. BIG MISTAKE! The ambience was decent, however, if we could have dined in the main dining room, I'm sure we would have enjoyed the scenery much more. Of course they didn't mention that there was a wedding reception that night in the main dining area. The appetizers & salads left much to be desired. We both got the filet (which was cut in half - no idea why) and was not good at all. It was topped with some sort of butter and goat cheese sauce (which I hate goat cheese), yet that was not mentioned on the menu, else I would have asked for no sauce. The mashed potatoes were good and were the best thing about the entire dinner. The desserts were nothing to mention either. Lastly, we both order a cappuccino to have a coffee with creamer brought to us! What??? They can't even get a cappuccino right! Such a disappointment. All this and not to mention it was $180 for this meal. Definitely not worth the price.
Unfortunately, we were NOT impressed whatsoever. We will not be returning.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Indianapolis, Indiana
“What a view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We took advantage of the opportunity to dine here during Devour Downtown. The service, food and view was excellent. There was a private party in the bistro and the walls do not go to the ceiling so it was a little noisy at times. Membership is pretty pricey unless you live downtown to take advantage of it or a business with a tax write off. It was a very nice experience with an unbelievable view of the city.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beirut, Lebanon
“Elegant Place with Amazing view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I loved the place. you could get an amazing view of Indianapolis especially monument center. The food was extremely tasty and elegant.

Visited October 2012
Greensburg, Indiana
“Testing How the big wheels eat:)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We retrived four tickets from Travel Zoo. This was a one time offer an the restaurant is on the 36th floor of the One American Square, the tickets were $76.00 a couple. The service was great, our waitress was very pleasant an we were not made to feel like we were different cause we had coupons........Many time it is a ploy to get you to buy something else. Three of us settled for the Filet Mignon,,,,,,,an my friend had the duck,,,,,,,,being duck it was like rubber an tasteless, I pretty much stay with what I know, I have only had duck once before an that was in the Orient an this duck tasted just as bad,,,,,,,,Maybe that is the way it is suppose to taste,,,,Hummm never thought of that........The view was tremenous, we had the South view so that was not a treat, an they were having receptions in the other north rooms so..........I am sure the view of the circle would have been enjoyable........Being that it was a special, then it was great,,,,,,but the add ons, gratuity an the drinks etc came to over a hundred , so if you would like the view an want to pay for it this is what ya need to do.........Otherwise,,,,,,,grab a Subway sandwich an go to the monument an Have your Sandwich an eat it to:) Oh we did get to hear Bon apetite,,,,never heard that even when I was in France,,,,,,,

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great view and great steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The view from the top is amazing. Got to see the sunset and Indy at both day and night from there. The service is great, with lots of attention to detail. The bread is great, with 2 choices of spread. I really like the cheesy one. The steak was well prepared and was very tender. The vanilla crème brûlée left me wanting more.

• Visited October 2012