“Great Middle Eastern Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #453 of 2,023 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Greek
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Middle Eastern Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

A group of us happened on Ali Baba's when we were looking for somewhere for lunch at a conference. I think everyone was very happy with their meal. I had chicken shawarma in a pita (the whole sandwich which was really 2 pitas), and it was very tasty and delicious. Prices were reasonable. Recommended.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, Virginia
“Lunch near the State House: Look no further”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I ate here three times during my two day stay in Indianapolis, mostly because of its proximity to my work, but also because once you taste the hummus and pita it's impossible not to crave more. The service was not always fast or particularly friendly, but I went during off-hours and wanted to be left alone somewhere quiet with natural light, so it was perfect for me. I also highly recommend the tea and chicken schwarma sandwich.

Visited February 2014
Philladelphia
“Unique to downtown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

the gyro sandwich are nice, just wish the portions were bigger. They have also don't have hookah anymore here

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Spicy Gyro is fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Went here for first time yesterday. Great food at reasonable prices. Also very knowledgable staff. I had the whole gyro but next time might try half gyro lunch special. I will be back.

“Good food, but overcharged”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stopped on a Saturday night. We ordered two meals which were good and served quickly. Our waitress was very friendly. The restaurant is a little "worn". There were four items on our check, two meals and two drinks. We were overcharged for two. Disappointing.