“A+ Ceviche” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 2,023 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Latin
“A+ Ceviche”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am so grateful that my girlfriend decided to introduce me to this little treasure. We went early enough for a TGIF hangout and that was a good decision because it got busy really fast and seating and parking maybe tight. First tip:Get there before 5pm if you can. I will go back for sure because there was so much I wanted to try. I started with a caipirinha which was made perfectly! In some places this can be too sweet but here the bartender managed the perfect balance. Second tip: Order the Ceviche! This was my favorite part of the whole meal. The paella did not disappoint and the serving size was more than adequate. We had a couple drinks, shared Ceviche, ordered 2 entrees and 1 desert plus 2 coffees (they had no expresso:-( ) and the bill was still under $100 before tip. Not bad at all for good ambiance and great food. I am going back soon!

Indianapolis
“Just So-So: Hipster SoBro restaurant looks better than it tastes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Finally had a chance to try out Delicia when a friend choose this trendy little restaurant for her birthday dinner. Bottom line: Meh; it was disappointing. The company of my friends was great and the look and feel of this place is nice, but our server was the bothered-to-be-there arrogant type, and the food and drinks were average at best.

The house margarita was fine, nice and easy -- nothing special. So I tried the Fire N Ice margarita: spicy and delicious but one was plenty. Jalapeno-infused tequila! I returned to the plain version. The pre-dinner standout was the queso fundido. Yum. Definitely try that if you visit this place.

For dinner, I ordered the Enchiladas de Verduras (roasted vegetables), but I couldn't tell what/if any vegetables were actually in the enchiladas. My plate seemed to be be covered with tortillas and sauce. Other dishes on our table were Empanadas (shredded beef in a puff pastry ... lots more pastry than beef), Short Ribs (tender and well cooked but bland), Paella (eeeh ... not great, low on flavor) and Fish Tacos (met expectations, not amazing ... but best in this show).

I may return to Delicia for drinks and appetizers, but I'm not sure the entrees are worth the sticker price, especially with so many amazing restaurants to choose from in this area of town.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Carmel, Indiana
“Exellent neighborhood restaurant with incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Delicia is an outstanding restaurant, fitting the bill for fabulous food and a neighborhood feeling. Starting with the queso fundito and chips, the queso was excellent, with melted cheese and just the right amount of spices. The sea bass was very moist and a very generous portion, unlike most restaurants today that have cut their portions of the very popular and overfished fish. The enchiladas were very tasty and a real hit. Perhaps the best dish of the evening was the short spare ribs, which came boneless and the size of a filet of beef. The meat separated by a gentle nudge of the fork, the flavor was incredible and the root vegetables and mashed squash that accompanied it were outstanding. It was a fabulous meal. The beet salad is also very good,, but the beets are very spicy, so if you do not like real spicy beets, you might not wish to have that. One thing that was not very good, was we also ordered a guacamole appetizer but it never came. We told the waiter about it and he looked puzzled like it had not been ordered and we cautioned him to make sure it was not on the bill at the end of the evening. When we received the bill, it was still on it and we again questioned him and he then removed it. I should also add that the margarita is just so so, but if you are looking for a unique spicy drink you should try their "fire and ice", which is a cocktail with a large ball of ice that contains habanero and the longer it melts the spicier the drink becomes. It actually encourages you to drink it fast. That certainly adds to the fun of the evening. Very good restaurant, one you will return to many times.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Latin restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Our friends chose this restaurant and we were not disappointed. It's a nice trendy spot in what looks like a hip artsy block. The food is moderately priced, there are plenty of options for meat eaters. Not so many for vegetarians. Still, we enjoyed the food and service and overall atmosphere. This place gets crowded on the weekend, not sure if reservations are an option. I'd like to return to try more of the seafood dishes. The churros for dessert were a bit dry but the dipping sauce was tasty. Delicia has a nice variety of drinks and several good choices of wine by the glass. I look forward to another visit.

indianapolis, IN
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have had dinner here twice and I find myself wanting to go again soon. All of the dishes we have tried have been wonderful. Do not miss the queso fundido! Service was great, atmosphere fun and I thought very reasonable prices. The only drawback as others have stated is the noise level. I was actually hoarse the day after we were there. Would be nice if they could put up something to absorb some of the sound. That said, it is worth the sore throat!

• Visited October 2013