“Don't bother. Le Peep is a shadow of its former self.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Peep

Le Peep
86th Street, Indianapolis, IN, Indianapolis, IN 46260 (Downtown Indianapolis)
(317) 237-3447
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Don't bother. Le Peep is a shadow of its former self.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I want to convey the disappointing experience we had at the Le Peep Downtown Indianapolis. First off, we waited for several minutes before a server came to our table. We never learned her name because she didn't bother to mention it. Second, we ordered a Californian omelet with the avocado on the side and. It's usually it's one of my favorite menu items. It arrived with the avocado in the omelet, and no cheese in sight. We promptly sent it back (with no form of apology from the mystery server whatsoever). Meanwhile we ate the pancakes we had also ordered. They were okay, a little on the cool side and all the blueberries were clumped together in the middle. When the omelet finally arrived again, the avocado was indeed on the side but was so brown and disgusting-looking we didn't even bother to eat it. Oh, it was at this time the server realized she forgot the side of fruit and brought that. No thanks, strawberries that looked like they had been frozen and thawed are not very appealing. Also the potatoes were cold. This was no surprise because I don't think I've ever had hot potatoes at Le Peep. I assume they are all made in one big batch and kept under a heat lamp or something? I don't know why I return to Le Peep, the service is usually sup-par, the food is mediocre at best, the coffee is weak, and the menu is flat-out boring. Granted this is only my second time at the downtown location, but I think it will be my last at any location.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Markle, Indiana
“Great for breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wonderful place to eat breakfast in downtown Indianapolis!! Large selection. Good atmosphere and location.

Visited January 2012
“Fabulous breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The breakfast menu is huge with plenty of options for all tastes. Food was hot and delicious! Staff could be a bit more friendly, tho.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Lawrenceville, Illinois
“Wonderful brunch....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had brunch here before hitting the malls for shopping. Our party had the Eighteen Wheeler and the Omni Omelet with side order of crepes and sticky bun. The potatos were awesome!!!!!!! Everything was fantastic. It was very busy, staff friendly, autmosphere was a little plain but it was a wonderful experience overall and I would recommend eating here!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Indiana
“Great as usual!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Been here before, service is still great & oj & breakfast dishes-especially the skillets are delish.

• Visited October 2012